PDA

View Full Version : Miley Cyrus' Body Art Sparks Gay Rights Debate on Twitter

Teh One Who Knocks
08-01-2011, 12:54 PM
Us Weekly

http://i.imgur.com/dsQRW.jpg

Miley and equality for all!

Miley Cyrus' body art sparked a heated discussion on Friday. The 18-year-old tweeted a picture of her finger with what appeared to be a new tattoo of an equals sign; the description said: "All love is equal."

Many are speculating the reason for her new body art is to show her support for gay rights. When one follower asked Cyrus, a self-professed Christian, where in the Bible "God says homosexuality" is okay, she fired back with her own question: "Where does it say in the Bible to judge others? It doesn't. GOD is the only judge, honey. God is love."

But the singer-actress was alright with those who didn't agree with her viewpoint. "Everyone is entitled to their opinions," she said, adding: "If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for everything."

Cyrus' support of the gay community is nothing new. In a interview with Parade magazine published in in March 2010, she said the reason she quit Twitter in Oct. 2009 was partially because of all the negative reactions she got when she spoke out in support of gay rights. "I said on there that I believed in gay marriage because everyone should have the right to love each other," she said. "I got such hate mail about being a bad person."

PorkChopSandwiches
08-01-2011, 01:59 PM
Nice comeback

AntZ
08-01-2011, 02:08 PM
http://i.imgur.com/dsQRW.jpg

So will she be walking around gay pride parades flipping off every homo she sees so they can see her sign of support? :-k

Teh One Who Knocks
08-01-2011, 02:25 PM
It's on her ring finger, not her middle finger :nono:

fricnjay
08-01-2011, 03:10 PM
WOW is she an idiot. :facepalm:

Teh One Who Knocks
08-01-2011, 03:21 PM
That tat isn't anywhere near as close to bad as getting Marilyn Monroe tattooed on your arm ;)

fricnjay
08-01-2011, 03:33 PM
Its not just that its that she calls herself a Christian and then she does crap like this. It shows that she is a total hypocrite and is totally ignorant to the things the bible really says. The only part of what she said that I agree with is that "everyone is entitled to their opinions", including me. :dance:

PorkChopSandwiches
08-01-2011, 03:43 PM
Its not just that its that she calls herself a Christian and then she does crap like this. It shows that she is a total hypocrite and is totally ignorant to the things the bible really says. The only part of what she said that I agree with is that "everyone is entitled to their opinions", including me. :dance:

So she is just like every other christian in the US :tup:

redred
08-01-2011, 03:55 PM
is that like a depth gauge or something?

fricnjay
08-01-2011, 04:04 PM

Hell not just in the US probably the world. :lol:

Goofy
08-01-2011, 04:49 PM
is that like a depth gauge or something?

That was my first thought, "i can get it this far in now" :lol:

SmoothBob
08-01-2011, 05:06 PM
Christianity: One woman's lie about having an affair that got seriously out of hand!

Godfather
08-01-2011, 06:06 PM
I don't support or refute anything she says or does because I just don't care... but the bible does say "judge not lest ye too be judged" in Mathew.

Kinda of ironic then that a bunch of 'Christians' with nothing better to do, sit around and convict her of this and that on their own little pedestals.

Teh One Who Knocks
08-01-2011, 06:10 PM
I don't support or refute anything she says or does because I just don't care... but the bible does say "judge not lest ye too be judged" in Mathew.

Kinda of ironic then that a bunch of 'Christians' with nothing better to do, sit around and convict her of this and that on their own little pedestals.

Point for Miley :thumbsup:

PorkChopSandwiches
08-01-2011, 06:15 PM

Thats what they have done since the beginning of time

Muddy
08-01-2011, 07:34 PM
Thats what they have done since the beginning of time

And yet, ye' judge the Christians on here almost daily... :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
08-01-2011, 07:41 PM
I don't subscribe, so I'm free to do as I please ;)

Muddy
08-01-2011, 07:42 PM
You're the fbd of anti-religion...

PorkChopSandwiches
08-01-2011, 07:45 PM
my new user tag :dance:

Hal-9000
08-01-2011, 08:24 PM

buck toothed bad singers?

surely not all of them!

Hal-9000
08-01-2011, 08:27 PM
And yet, ye' judge the Christians on here almost daily... :lol:

funny that...seems to me Atheists just gotta put down people's most intimate beliefs, like it's a church mandate or something every time the subject comes up.
I wonder why that is..

Muddy
08-01-2011, 08:55 PM
funny that...seems to me Atheists just gotta put down people's most intimate beliefs, like it's a church mandate or something every time the subject comes up.
I wonder why that is..

I don't know why people have to be so critical.. I'm not the most religious... But if someones getting something positive from being so, live and let brother... That's my mantra...

Hal-9000
08-01-2011, 09:04 PM
:thumbsup:

Preach it to the heavens brother Muddy!

oops...I should be quiet

:dance:

http://i.imgur.com/NU5jA.gif

deebakes
08-01-2011, 11:48 PM
Jesus was the original gangster :tup: