PDA

View Full Version : IRA Brockerage Accounts

Teh One Who Knocks
03-15-2023, 03:49 PM
I hardly use mine or contribute to it like I should, but I've been with TD Ameritrade forever. One reason I like it because there are no maintenance fees, the only time I incur fees is when I make trades. Well, I got an email that said they were acquired by Schwab and will be moving my account in the next couple of months. I don't know anything about Schwab and their fee schedule and I'm not sure if I want to move my account over there.

Any recommendations on a place to move my IRA brokerage account?

PorkChopSandwiches
03-15-2023, 04:01 PM
I use ETrade for everything

DemonGeminiX
03-17-2023, 11:16 PM
I have a Schwab brokerage account. Don't know much about their IRA accounts, but I know they're going to retain the Think or Swim platform when all is said and done. Maybe you should give them a chance and look them over.

I chose Schwab over everybody else because everybody else was actively donating to the Democrat party, which doesn't make sense to me. If you're a fiduciary, you should want lower taxes. Supporting the Democrats seems like shooting yourself in the foot.

DemonGeminiX
04-03-2023, 09:48 PM
Have you decided on what you're going to do yet?

Teh One Who Knocks
04-04-2023, 11:34 AM
Probably going to let it ride for now. I did open up a regular brokerage account with Fidelity though.

DemonGeminiX
04-04-2023, 04:36 PM
I did open up a regular brokerage account with Fidelity though.

Traitor. [-(