PDA

View Full Version : Emma Watson: I Need to Grow My Hair to ‘Keep Acting’

Teh One Who Knocks
02-15-2011, 09:25 PM
By Amy Lawrenson | Elle Magazine (UK)

http://i.imgur.com/UL8DC.jpg

Emma Watson tells ELLEuk.com she will have to grow her hair if she wants to keep attracting acting roles.

Emma Watson's pixie crop has caused much debate since she had it cropped last year. Some love it, others not so much. We all know the reason behind the cut - she has been contractually obliged to keep it long for the Harry Potter franchise of films, so last August after filming she went to the Cutler Salon in New York where hairstylist Rodney cut off her luscious lengths into the now famous pixie crop. A couple of days later she posted the news on her facebook page saying, 'Yes, I cut my hair off a few days ago! I love it - feels incredible.'

But last night she confessed she may have to grow it out. 'I’m kind of looking forward to getting to a cute little bob stage. I am trying to grow it but it's slow, it's taking a while obviously. If I want to keep acting it's more flexible for me to have it longer for different roles, it's quite a specific cut.'

Vixen
02-15-2011, 09:27 PM
they've never heard of wigs or hair extensions then? :huh:

Goofy
02-15-2011, 09:27 PM
She could get a job as the next GI Jane :-k

RBP
02-15-2011, 09:32 PM
She should grow her boobs out too. 8-[

Vixen
02-15-2011, 09:35 PM
:slap: not all women have to have big boobs yer know some are better suited to a smaller (not flat) chest otherwise they look out of proportion

Godfather
02-15-2011, 09:54 PM
Short hair is fine on young girls and older women... but on someone her age it just looks strange IMO....

I don't think any of my girl friends have hair shorter than shoulder length at the least

Teh One Who Knocks
02-15-2011, 09:57 PM
Short hair is fine on young girls and older women... but on someone her age it just looks strange IMO....

I don't think any of my girl friends have hair shorter than shoulder length at the least

Exactly...I think some women can pull off short hair, but very few. On most women it just looks wrong :wha:

Long hair FTW! :banana:

Vixen
02-15-2011, 09:59 PM
:banana:

Southern Belle
02-15-2011, 10:00 PM
She looks pretty young to me....

Teh One Who Knocks
02-15-2011, 10:00 PM
She'll be 21 in April

Vixen
02-15-2011, 10:01 PM
she's only in her early 20's I think

Southern Belle
02-15-2011, 10:05 PM
That's what I thought. She's just a kid.

Vixen
02-15-2011, 10:09 PM
I had my hair cut a similar length to that after my eldest, purely because I was absolutely mortified when I was getting handfuls of hair in my hands every time I washed it, no one told me yer hair would get thicker whilst you are pregnant to then all drop out again afterwards.....I looked awful certainly didn't suit it and couldn't wait for it to all grow out again, it was bliss to have shoulder length hair again.

Godfather
02-15-2011, 10:15 PM
I had my hair cut a similar length to that after my eldest, purely because I was absolutely mortified when I was getting handfuls of hair in my hands every time I washed it, no one told me yer hair would get thicker whilst you are pregnant to then all drop out again afterwards.....I looked awful certainly didn't suit it and couldn't wait for it to all grow out again, it was bliss to have shoulder length hair again.

Ewwwwwww that happens?!?

They should tell the grossest aspects of pregnancy to teenagers... it's be a better motivator than anything.

Especially teaching abstinence :roll:

Vixen
02-15-2011, 10:23 PM
yeah my aunty got alopecia after having her son....sometimes things like that are temporary and just an imbalance in the body afterwards but some like my aunty will have it permanently....you can also become diabetic during pregnancy have allergic reactions to food you would normally eat i.e. a friend of mine can no longer tolerate dairy in her diet nor can she eat bread.....for me I suffered with sciatica during pregnancy and still do.....they never tell you this stuff

Godfather
02-15-2011, 10:40 PM
A cousin of mine had 5 kids... with each one she was diabetic and it got worse every time. She had a lot of trouble putting on enough weight for each child. She's a doctor even and she struggled to stay healthy :wha:

Southern Belle
02-15-2011, 10:43 PM
Pregnancy is hard on the body.

Hal-9000
02-15-2011, 10:44 PM

A single Mom I was seeing had that happen with one of her kids, but not the other.She lost so much hair she thought at one point she'd have to get wigs or extensions.After a few months her hair returned to normal.

Vixen
02-15-2011, 10:45 PM
it's scary as hell when you've always had long hair to then find it in yer hands

Hal-9000
02-15-2011, 10:52 PM
it's scary as hell when you've always had long hair to then find it in yer hands

From a young age (5 or 6) I've worn my hair very long.At times I've been confused for a girl :oops:

In about the last 4 years, I've been getting it cut above my ears.When I bump into old friends they're always in shock :lol: Did you become a cop hal??

Vixen
02-15-2011, 10:55 PM
:shock: you're wearing your hair shorter now?

Hal-9000
02-15-2011, 10:57 PM
for a few years now.....I have the mullet thing going without the long back or sides :lol:

RBP
02-15-2011, 11:17 PM
:slap: not all women have to have big boobs yer know some are better suited to a smaller (not flat) chest otherwise they look out of proportion

Hey! :x

I didn't say all women, just her - she has like NO boobs. :lol:

Noilly Pratt
02-16-2011, 04:33 AM
Over the years I did it all, from near Bee Gee length hair to crew cut. I even had a Beatle/Bieber thing going on when I was about 5.

But, never quite a mullet or ever bald.

I think for women the pixie cut will always be there. Someone with striking features (Audrey Hepburn for example) looks great like this.

redred
02-16-2011, 07:44 AM
i think she looks nice

Dr Death
02-16-2011, 08:06 AM
i think she looks niceMe too! She's adorable!

DemonGeminiX
02-16-2011, 09:03 AM
She looks like a 12 year old boy.

[-(

PapaZ
02-16-2011, 11:54 AM
Hey! :x

I didn't say all women, just her - she has like NO boobs. :lol:

If you look here you'll notice that she does have boobs... sort of.

http://www.hotcelebshome.com/2011/02/14/emma-watson-nipslip-candids-at-pre-bafta-party-in-london/

i think she looks nice

Me too! She's adorable!

I love that pixie cut. Hayden had her hair cut short and is letting it grow out, too. Must have something to do with wanting to shed their previous "look".

She looks like a 12 year old boy.

[-(

Not with those legs! :hand:

RBP
02-16-2011, 12:12 PM
If you look here you'll notice that she does have boobs... sort of.

http://www.hotcelebshome.com/2011/02/14/emma-watson-nipslip-candids-at-pre-bafta-party-in-london/

*enlarges picture*

*zooms in*

OH! There they are. :giggle:

DemonGeminiX
02-16-2011, 04:04 PM
Not with those legs! :hand:

:hand:

Hal says Lance has better legs than that.

[-(

8-[

Joebob034
02-16-2011, 04:41 PM
I will not get married to her unless she grows her hair back out

DemonGeminiX
02-16-2011, 05:12 PM
:lol:

I'm sure that's breaking her heart.

Joebob034
02-16-2011, 05:15 PM
hey I gotta put my foot down

DemonGeminiX
02-16-2011, 05:17 PM
:lol:

Hikari Kisugi
02-16-2011, 06:32 PM
Poor girl got confused and shaved the wrong bit, guess all that Hogwart's education isn't what its cracked up to be.