PDA

View Full Version : Teacher 'bragged about sex life' to students and called them 'f*****g b******s'

Teh One Who Knocks
04-04-2023, 10:12 AM
By Perkin Amalaraj, News Reporter & Ryan O'Neill - The Daily Star

https://i.imgur.com/6SEo7Kg.png

A foul-mouthed teacher who bragged about her sex life to her students and repeatedly swore at them, calling them “fucking bitches”, has been banned from teaching for just two years.

An Education Workforce Council (EWC) hearing ruled that between January and May 2021, Julia Wheeler, who worked as an English teacher at Pencoed Comprehensive School in Bridgend, Wales, was inappropriate and derogatory towards pupils.

The 40-year old teacher was found to have made inappropriate comments to students about her personal relationships, repeatedly referring to a “friend with benefits” in front of pupils at the secondary school.

One pupil came forward and said that Wheeler, who did not attend the hearing, had explained to the whole class “how [her friend] has abs and how they get it on together", WalesOnline reported.

https://i.imgur.com/SbPds9j.png

Pupil statements and interviews with staff at the school revealed that Wheeler hurled foul language at students, calling them "dickheads", "bastards", and "fucking bitches”, and in one instance called a young person a "bitch" on a mark sheet.

Students were reduced to tears by Wheeler, with one coming forward to say: "She once shouted at me so much I cried."

Steve Powell, a lay member of the committee, said during the hearing: "Ms Wheeler was a professional and ought to have been aware of the importance of communication with the pupils appropriately and of her responsibility as a role model”.

He said her behaviour had shown a "deliberate and reckless disregard" for pupils and colleagues and had had a "direct impact on some pupils".

Despite her abusive teaching style, Wheeler had not expressed any regret or apology or demonstrated she could comply with safeguarding guidelines, Powell said.

She will be allowed to rejoin the Welsh teaching register in just two years, subject to a final decision from the EWC.

The Daily Star has contacted Pencoed Comprehensive School for comment.

PorkChopSandwiches
04-04-2023, 04:13 PM
good job