PDA

View Full Version : Louisville police respond to active shooting, LMPD officers say 'multiple casualties'

Teh One Who Knocks
04-10-2023, 02:43 PM
By Greg Norman | Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/IlyYa1V.png

The Louisville Metropolitan Police Department says there are five people dead and six injured in the Kentucky city Monday following a shooting.

"We are confirming reports of an active aggressor in the 300 block of East Main. Please stay out of the area," police earlier said in tweet. "There are multiple casualties."

Images taken in the area showed a police officer with his weapon drawn. The shooting happened at a building that houses an Old National Bank location, according to the Associated Press.

"Please pray for all of the families impacted and for the city of Louisville," Gov. Andy Beshear said in a tweet, adding that he is heading there now.

Agents from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) also were photographed at the scene.

The FBI's Louisville office tweeted that its "special agents have responded to the scene of this morning's shooting in downtown Louisville and are assisting our law enforcement partners."

https://i.imgur.com/nD8Hh1K.png

A witness inside the building where the shooting happened told WHAS11 that an unidentified man with a "long assault rifle" began opening fire on the first floor.

"He just started firing," the witness reportedly said. "I didn't see his face. We were in the conference room. Whoever was next to me got shot, their blood's on me."

https://i.imgur.com/NTmIItC.png

Another witness said the shooter and law enforcement exchanged fire, according to WHAS11.

Louisville Mayor Craig Greenberg said there was an "active police situation downtown" and for the public to "please avoid the area around Slugger Field until further notice."

Further details about the incident were not immediately available.

DemonGeminiX
04-10-2023, 10:28 PM
Copycat?

lost in melb.
04-11-2023, 08:57 AM
Copycat?

I would say that most of them are.

perrhaps
04-11-2023, 08:59 AM
No big deal. Republican Senators will extend their thoughts and prayers. What more could we possibly ask for?

DemonGeminiX
04-12-2023, 02:32 PM
No big deal. Republican Senators will extend their thoughts and prayers. What more could we possibly ask for?

What more could we possibly ask for? I don't know. Maybe, citizens who understand the Constitution and how the law actually works? You know, not infringing on the people's Constitutionally-protected rights and punishing the criminal for the crime instead of trying to take away the rights of 330 million citizens who didn't commit the crime? Because it's not logical, nor right, to punish an entire nation for one person's crime, or 10 people's crimes, or 100 people's crimes, or 1000 people's crimes, or even 100,000 people's crimes. A lot of Republicans get that. It's a damn shame that you don't.

KevinD
04-12-2023, 06:19 PM
Already ran across other items with shooters name. Another 23yo he/she/it/them whacko.

perrhaps
04-14-2023, 09:22 PM
What more could we possibly ask for? I don't know. Maybe, citizens who understand the Constitution and how the law actually works? You know, not infringing on the people's Constitutionally-protected rights and punishing the criminal for the crime instead of trying to take away the rights of 330 million citizens who didn't commit the crime? Because it's not logical, nor right, to punish an entire nation for one person's crime, or 10 people's crimes, or 100 people's crimes, or 1000 people's crimes, or even 100,000 people's crimes. A lot of Republicans get that. It's a damn shame that you don't.

I forgot that you have scores of relatives that are supposedly lawyers, which automatically makes you a Law School Professor. Please extend your forgiveness to me when you're done playing with your AR-15 as part of your well-regulated militiaman status.

DemonGeminiX
04-15-2023, 04:23 AM
I forgot that you have scores of relatives that are supposedly lawyers, which automatically makes you a Law School Professor. Please extend your forgiveness to me when you're done playing with your AR-15 as part of your well-regulated militiaman status.

Actually, I do. And family members in law enforcement on all levels. But that's irrelevant. I'll leave the snide law professor comment be. Learn to read. Start with the US Constitution. Follow up with the letters and journals of the Founding Fathers and Framers of the Constitution. The first 10 Amendments were never meant to be legislated nor ignored. It doesn't matter what any law professor or sitting or former judge says. History can speak for itself.

perrhaps
04-15-2023, 09:02 AM
Actually, I do. And family members in law enforcement on all levels. But that's irrelevant. I'll leave the snide law professor comment be. Learn to read. Start with the US Constitution. Follow up with the letters and journals of the Founding Fathers and Framers of the Constitution. The first 10 Amendments were never meant to be legislated nor ignored. It doesn't matter what any law professor or sitting or former judge says. History can speak for itself.

If you actually follow history, you'll appreciate that the Constitution says only what 5 members of the Supreme Court say it says. You don't have to look any further than the overturning of Roe v. Wade last year. But, being the self-appointed Constitutional scholar that you are, I'm certain that you'll remember that the Federal Assault Weapons Ban of 1994 was never challenged as being violative of the Second Amendment until it expired under its own sunset provision in 2004.

You can certainly point to the subsequent SCOTUS ruling in Heller, as justifying your position. but this opinion can be overturned just as Roe v. Wade was if the makeup of the Supreme Court changes over the next few years, as well as the Democratics regain control of both the Senate and House and pass legislation to address this situation more effectively than your cavalier, bizarre concept of "acceptable losses for the better good" In my opinion, this outcome seems more and more likely as long as Fat Boy Trump keeps imploding the GOP.

You, along with anybody else who doesn't need to take their shoes off to count to eleven, have forgotten more math than I've ever known. I've been admitted to practice before several State Courts and SCOTUS, and while I sometimes get a kick out of the manner you condescendingly speak to me and other forum members like we're the unfortunate soul who draws the short straw and gets to sit next to you at family gatherings, I've learned to read enough to confidently say that I've forgotten much more about Law then you think you know.