PDA

View Full Version : 20-year-old Colorado woman killed by rock thrown through windshield

Teh One Who Knocks
04-21-2023, 08:24 PM
By David Maurer - New York Post

https://i.imgur.com/h8l3Do4.png

A young Colorado woman was struck and killed by a rock somebody hurled through her windshield as she was driving home through a tony Denver suburb on Wednesday night — which authorities are investigating as part of a disturbing pattern.

Arvada resident Alexa Bartell, 20, was returning from work around 10:45 p.m. when the large rock sailed through her windowshield and hit her.

Bartell had been on the phone with a friend when the line suddenly went silent.

The pal tracked her down using her phone’s location, where she discovered Bartell’s car run off the road in a field with her body inside.

Shocking photos show the shattered windshield and the back window blown out.

The Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office determined that Bartell was killed by the rock, which could have been thrown from a passing car.

Authorities are ruling her death a homicide.

Investigators also believe the young woman’s death is one of at least four unsettling rock-throwing incidents that took place in the area Wednesday night.

In each case, stones were thrown through the windows of driving cars, resulting in two minor injuries and damage to all the cars.

There were no other deaths.

“This is a 20-year-old female who was driving home from work and she’s no longer with us because of this senseless act,” Jefferson County sheriff’s representative Jacki Kelley told 9 News.

“This is not fun and games, this is not a prank, this killed a woman last night and we want to know who did this.”

The other cars that were targeted Wednesday night also had their windshields damaged by the rocks.

Two of the incidents also happened just minutes before Bartell was struck and killed.

Police said they have recovered some of the rocks that were thrown and that there are likely more cars that were struck.

“We know that these rocks are 4 to 6 inches, 3 to 5 pounds, so they’re large like landscaping rocks that were essentially used as a deadly weapon in this investigation,” Kelley said.

Bartell’s friends recalled her as a joyful person who could be called at any time, for anything, according to 9 News.

Authorities are asking the public to check their home security or dashboard cameras for anything that may help track down the culprit.

Teh One Who Knocks
04-21-2023, 08:25 PM
This happened not too far from where I work.

lost in melb.
04-22-2023, 12:52 PM
Bastard

PorkChopSandwiches
04-24-2023, 04:25 PM
What pieces of shit.

Teh One Who Knocks
04-26-2023, 01:21 PM
By Morgan Whitley - FOX 31 Denver

https://i.imgur.com/sZOe64a.png

JEFFERSON COUNTY, Colo. (KDVR) — Three 18-year-olds have been arrested in connection to the rock-throwing crime spree in Jefferson and Boulder County that killed a 20-year-old woman.

The Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office has announced the arrest of three suspects in a case that has grabbed the attention of many in the metro area.

Overnight Tuesday into Wednesday morning, JCSO said they arrested Joseph Koenig, Nicholas “Mitch” Karol-Chik, and Zachary Kwak. The three men are all 18 years old and were taken into custody at their homes in Arvada.

All three are suspected of throwing rocks, and all are facing charges of first-degree murder – extreme indifference. Additional charges are expected to be filed at a later date.

JCSO said it is unclear which suspect was driving during the crime spree, but they can confirm they were driving a black 2016 Chevy Silverado.

The three suspects were arrested in connection to the rock-throwing crime spree that killed Alexa Bartell on April 19. Bartell, of Arvada, was driving northbound near the 10600 block of Indiana Street. JCSO believes the suspects threw a large rock either from a vehicle or the side of the road at Bartell’s car.

Investigators say the rock hit Bartell, and she was killed.

This was not the first instance of rocks being thrown at cars that night. A total of five incidents were reported. FOX31 spoke with another victim on Tuesday.

“I have a lot of anger that they would do this. I have a lot of anger that they took somebody’s life,” victim Nathan Tipton said.

JCSO worked with Westminster Police, Arvada Police, and the Boulder County Sheriff’s Office to identify the suspects.

JCSO said that mobile device forensics and support from the public ultimately led them to the suspects.

Mugshots of the suspects are not available at this time.

lost in melb.
04-26-2023, 03:23 PM
See ya, ya pieces of shit :bye:

PorkChopSandwiches
04-26-2023, 04:14 PM
cunts

Teh One Who Knocks
04-26-2023, 04:24 PM
I'm glad they are charging these pieces of shit with first degree murder. Rotting away in prison for life without parole would be a good fucking place for them.

Teh One Who Knocks
04-26-2023, 04:31 PM
https://i.imgur.com/XcntWNY.png

https://i.imgur.com/PX6XAVa.png

https://i.imgur.com/ImDYD0G.png

PorkChopSandwiches
04-26-2023, 04:56 PM
They look like POS

lost in melb.
04-27-2023, 02:29 AM
Started torturing cats and worked their way up from there

Teh One Who Knocks
04-28-2023, 12:15 PM
By Patrick Reilly - New York Post

https://i.imgur.com/WxalzmC.png

The three Colorado teenagers accused of chucking a rock through the window of a 20-year-old driver, killing her, returned to the crash scene and snapped a photo of the victim’s vehicle as a “memento,” according to arrest records.

Alexa Bartell was killed last Wednesday night when Joseph Koenig, Nicholas “Mitch” Karol-Chik and Zachary Kwak allegedly hurled a heavy landscaping rock through her windshield in Arvada during a twisted rock-throwing spree, authorities have said.

Bartell crashed her car into a field and died on scene.

After the teens fled, Kwak allegedly told the others, “We have to go back and see that,” according to an arrest affidavit provided to the Post.

They went back and then Kwak took a photo of the car as a “memento.”

As the teens drove home, Koenig and Karol-Chik talked about how the three were now “blood brothers” and could never speak of what happened, Kwak told investigators.

The next day, Kwak and Koenig met to “get their stories straight,” according to the affidavit.

The trio — all 18 and high school seniors — appeared in court for the first time on Thursday.

They are charged with first-degree murder with extreme indifference with additional charges expected to be filed at a later date.

A judge ordered they be held without bond, according to KDVR.

Bartell was found dead by her friend, who had been talking to her on the phone when the rock hit her, the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office said.

The friend tracked her location down using an app after Bartell went silent.

Bartell was killed by the rock and not the crash, the sheriff’s office said.

https://i.imgur.com/GoKtBMe.png

Koenig was the one who allegedly threw the rock that killed Bartell, Karol-Chik told investigators.

When the rock smashed through her windshield, Kwak told authorities it sounded like a “rail gun” shooting concrete.

Shocking photos show the shattered windshield and the back window blown out.

The three are suspected of carrying out several other similar rock attacks on drivers the same night that Bartell was killed, police said.

The attacks started just after 10 p.m., and at least seven vehicles were targeted, with another two drivers suffering minor injuries.

Bartell was hit around 10:45 p.m.

The large landscaping rocks were taken from the edge of a Walmart parking lot near Denver and loaded in the backseat of a Chevy Silverado 1500 pickup truck, a witness told investigators.

When police asked how many rocks they grabbed, the witness said “as much as they could carry.”

The witness told investigators he “knew something bad was going to happen,” so he insisted the others take him home, which they did, the court documents showed.

When they dropped the witness off, Koenig was driving, Karol-Chik was in the front passenger’s seat, and Kwak was behind Mitch, according to the witness.

Karol-Chik told investigators that he and Koenig were involved in throwing objects — including a statue and other rocks — at vehicles since February on at least 10 separate days.

PorkChopSandwiches
05-01-2023, 04:22 PM
burn in hell