PDA

View Full Version : Fox News parts ways with Tucker Carlson

Teh One Who Knocks
04-24-2023, 04:00 PM
By Alexandra Steigrad - The New York Post

https://i.imgur.com/z7rllSj.jpg

Fox News said Monday that it has “agreed to part ways” with anchor Tucker Carlson.

Carlson, who hosts “Tucker Carlson Tonight” on weekdays at 8 pm, broadcast his final show on April 21, Fox News said.

The company noted that “Fox News Tonight” will replace Carlson’s show and air live on an interim basis.

The new show will be helmed by a rotating group of Fox News personalities until a new host is named.

“Fox News Media and Tucker Carlson have agreed to part ways. We thank him for his service to the network as a host and prior to that as a contributor,” the network said in a statement Monday.

The announcement comes days after Fox News’ parent company settled Dominion Voting Systems’ defamation lawsuit for $787.5 million.

Dominion’s lawsuit had accused Fox News of airing false election claims and conspiracy theories in the wake of the 2020 presidential election.

PorkChopSandwiches
04-24-2023, 04:06 PM
And they got rid of Bongino :facepalm:

He will probably end up on Newsmax or something. Maybe he will start a PODcast :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
04-24-2023, 04:10 PM
Makes me wonder who else will get the axe over this. Maybe Laura Ingraham and Hannity too?

lost in melb.
04-24-2023, 04:49 PM
And (apparently) he expressed private doubts about the Dominion crap he was spewing and the stolen election. And he privately can't stand Trump.

My head is spinning.

lost in melb.
04-24-2023, 04:50 PM

He will probably end up on Newsmax or something. Maybe he will start a PODcast :lol:

Or run for President. (Not completely joking).

DemonGeminiX
04-24-2023, 09:40 PM
I like Tucker. :sad2:

Yeah, my money's on Newsmax picking him up. I think Fox really screwed the pooch on this one. Dan Bongino couldn't come to terms over money on a contract extension.

Teh One Who Knocks
04-24-2023, 10:18 PM
Don't count out the Daily Wire. They were offering Steven Crowder a lot of money until he turned out to be a little bitch.

DemonGeminiX
04-24-2023, 11:24 PM
Don't count out the Daily Wire. They were offering Steven Crowder a lot of money until he turned out to be a little bitch.

I was thinking that Glenn Beck might take a shot at getting him to join the Blaze as well.

DemonGeminiX
04-25-2023, 08:20 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJPo7qPLviI

PorkChopSandwiches
04-25-2023, 03:55 PM
I was thinking that Glenn Beck might take a shot at getting him to join the Blaze as well.

I can't stand that crying bitch Glenn Beck

Teh One Who Knocks
04-25-2023, 03:59 PM
By Brandon Drey - The Daily Wire

https://i.imgur.com/LLyYjtYl.jpg

Fox Corporation, the parent company of Fox News Channel, saw its stock fall by $1 billion minutes after news broke on Monday that the cable news channel had ousted its primetime star Tucker Carlson.

Shares of the company, which also owns other sports and entertainment television networks, dipped more than 5.4% following the news of Carlson leaving the organization, shrinking the company’s value by $1 billion. The Wall Street Journal reported that the corporation’s shares ranked among the S&P 500’s worst performers on Monday. However, as the closing bell rang on Monday, Fox shares were down just under 3%.

Matthew Tuttle, CEO and CIO of Tuttle Capital Management, told Bloomberg that Carlson’s exit is “definitely going to leave a mark on Fox.” In the first quarter of 2023, “Tucker Carlson Tonight” ranked as the highest-rated program in cable news in the younger 25-54 demo, averaging 3.2 million viewers, 443,000 in the demo and 299,000 in the 18-49 category.

Other Fox News Channel shows ranking in the top five programs in cable news include “The Five” (3,058,000), “Jesse Watters Primetime” (2,670,000), “Hannity” (2,505,000), and “Special Report with Bret Baier” (2,200,000).

Although Carlson’s future remains unclear, Tuttle and other investors purchased shares of Rumble, the Peter Thiel-backed conservative video network, and Digital World Acquisition Corp., the special-purpose acquisition company merging with Trump Media.

“Both stocks erased declines, with Rumble stock rallying as much as 3.9%, while Digital World gained 2.2%,” Bloomberg reported.

The news comes on the heels of Fox settling a bombshell defamation suit stemming from the 2020 election by paying Dominion Voting Systems nearly $800 million — narrowly avoiding a trial, at which Carlson would have been expected to testify.

Carlson’s departure also comes just a week after syndicated talk radio host and former Secret Service agent Dan Bongino announced his departure from Fox News, citing a breakdown in contract negotiations.

Carlson has not publicly addressed his exit.

lost in melb.
04-25-2023, 04:45 PM
Lol. How is that economic decision coming along now?

DemonGeminiX
04-25-2023, 06:16 PM
Tucker had a shitload of fans/viewers and investors know it.

PorkChopSandwiches
04-25-2023, 07:25 PM
He will do fine on Rumble ;)

Pony
04-25-2023, 08:25 PM
They should replace him with a Black, Trans, Republican.

DemonGeminiX
04-26-2023, 02:59 AM
There's a rumor floating around that the Democrats and RINO's in Congress threatened Rupert Murdoch after allowing Tucker to show the unedited January 6th footage, and that's why Fox News canned him. Supposedly, firing Tucker was a "personal decision" made by Murdoch himself.

DemonGeminiX
04-26-2023, 03:03 AM
And NewsMax has a survey regarding Tucker, asking respondents if they think Tucker should come to NewsMax.

https://www.newsmax.com/surveys/TuckerCarlson/Tucker-Carlson-Fired/id/483/kw/default/?dkt_nbr=070129ti9egv

Too bad they're asking for personal information. I'd fill it out if they didn't. :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
04-27-2023, 02:57 PM
By Katherine Donlevy - New York Post

https://i.imgur.com/WHh4wSz.png

Former Fox News host Tucker Carlson on Wednesday night made his first remarks since leaving the network and criticized “people in charge” of Washington, DC.

In a video posted to Twitter, Carlson — who parted ways with Fox News on Monday — accused political leaders on both sides of the aisle of silencing voices and shutting down media outlets that uncover corruption or reveal truths.

“You notice when you take a little time off how unbelievably stupid most of the debates you see on television are. They’re completely irrelevant. They mean nothing. In five years, we won’t even remember that we have them. Trust me as someone who’s participated,” Carlson said.

“Yet at the same time — and this is the amazing thing — the undeniably big topics, the ones that will define our future, get virtually no discussion at all: war, civil liberties, emerging science, demographic change, corporate power, natural resources.

“What was the last time you heard a legitimate debate about any of those issues?

“It’s been a long time.”

https://i.imgur.com/fFwhO3m.png

“Debates like that are not permitted in American media. Both political parties and their donors have reached a consensus on what benefits them and they actively collude to shut down any conversation about it. Suddenly, the United States looks very much like a one-party state,” he added.

The firebrand journalist, who is known for condemning progressive policies and censorship, did not discuss his longtime employer or being dropped from the airwaves.

Fox News announced Monday morning that it “agreed to part ways” with Carlson, who had served as a host on two separate popular programs in the last 11 years.

https://i.imgur.com/tbXSV9j.png

Last year, “Tucker Carlson Tonight” averaged 3.32 million viewers, nabbing the biggest audience in cable news among viewers ages 25 to 54, a coveted demographic among advertisers.

Carlson, who had been silent since the news broke, warned Wednesday that the nation’s “brain-dead” orthodoxies would soon be overruled, causing political leaders to fear a loss of control.

“The people in charge know this. That’s why they’re hysterical and aggressive. They’re afraid. They’ve given up persuasion. They’re resorting to force, but it won’t work,” Carlson said.

https://i.imgur.com/oxMsvxh.png

“When honest people say what’s true calmly and without embarrassment, they become powerful.

“At the same time, the liars who’ve been trying to silence them shrink, they become weaker.

“That’s the iron law of the universe.

“True things prevail.”

“Where can you still find Americans saying true things?

“There aren’t many places left but there are some and that’s enough. As long as you can hear the words, there is hope.

“See you soon.”

PorkChopSandwiches
04-27-2023, 03:29 PM
Hes right

DemonGeminiX
04-27-2023, 07:58 PM
Hes right

:+1:

lost in melb.
04-28-2023, 02:50 AM
A pity that FOX clearly doesn't give a flying fuck about what is good for the country, then. :dunno:

lost in melb.
04-28-2023, 10:46 AM
https://yt3.ggpht.com/C9I279QzDyVitNikolM0sXttYsuZc8gmBfQIZvkJJeWlSVvFlh Vl7k4YkWhMxHIXziJZCbA0TP4s=s1600-nd-v1