PDA

View Full Version : Vegan writes angry letter to neighbour over BBQ as it left them 'sick and upset'

Teh One Who Knocks
05-11-2023, 03:39 PM
By Christine Younan, Deputy Lifestyle Editor - The Daily Star

https://i.imgur.com/Xm8YMJi.jpg

Nothing smells like summer more than a good old barbecue.

But one neighbour seemed less than impressed after next door's food left them feeling "upset and sick".

The vegan went viral earlier this week after telling off their neighbours for cooking meat.

Now during a party celebrating King Charles III Coronation, they handed them their "last warning".

The resident in Perth, Australia, received the handwritten letter from one of their nearby neighbours.

In the note, it read: "Hello neighbour. Could you please shut your side window when cooking, please?"

They added: "My family are vegan (we eat only plant-based food) and the smell of the meat you cook makes us feel sick and upset.

"We would appreciate your understanding."

The letter soon spread across the internet after pictures were uploaded to social media by the receiver.

Then the follow-up note was posted to Facebook on Tuesday (May 9) which accused the neighbour of being "rude" for not keeping the meaty aromas under wraps.

It read: "Hello, you have taken the mickey out of me and have been downright rude.

"I raised my concerns of the smell of meat making my family sick and upset and you go and have a BBQ on Saturday night, inviting lots of people and you knew this would affect me and my family."

https://i.imgur.com/AICgeVt.jpg

The handwritten letter continued: "My friend told me you took my letter to social media and it backfired on you."

And the neighbour concluded: "Please no more BBQs and please keep that window closed when cooking otherwise I'm going to report you and go to social media too."

The whole situation caused a stir, as one said: "Unfortunately that's not how the world works.

"Teach your kids about community and respecting differences but by all means keep up your own choices.

"Your neighbours have every right to cook what they choose in their kitchen, you do not own air.

"You have every right to cook what you want in your kitchen and know you and your family understand that and respect it and others."

A second struck out: "OMG how ridiculous. Why should you change your eating habits to please someone else. Would they?"

And a third posted on Facebook: "Be vegan. Eat meat. Each to their own!"

PorkChopSandwiches
05-11-2023, 03:52 PM
:roll:

lost in melb.
05-12-2023, 03:08 AM
She's neurotic.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-12-2023, 11:32 AM
She's neurotic.

Respect thy neighbors :nono:

lost in melb.
05-13-2023, 01:52 AM
She also spelled 'dessert' wrong. That's the real sin here...