PDA

View Full Version : 11 people shot downtown after Denver Nuggets win NBA Finals

Teh One Who Knocks
06-13-2023, 11:58 AM
Morgan Whitley - FOX 31 Denver

https://i.imgur.com/nqg1ZIR.jpg

DENVER (KDVR) — Denver Police are investigating multiple shootings that sent 11 people to the hospital after thousands flocked downtown in celebration of the Denver Nuggets’ historic NBA Finals win.

10 shot in 2000 block of Market Street

Just before 1 a.m. Tuesday, DPD tweeted that they were investigating a shooting in the 2000 block of Market Street.

DPD said nine gunshot victims were located. Police said they identified a suspect who also sustained a gunshot wound.

Three victims remain in critical condition at a local hospital, and the other victims appear to have non-life-threatening injuries, according to DPD.

At around 1:11 a.m., DPD said they were investigating a shooting in the area of 17th Street and Blake Street where one person was shot. However, officers provided an update that the victim was actually shot in the 2000 block of Market Street and self-transported to the hospital.

https://i.imgur.com/7bgvOX0.jpg

DPD said shots were fired in the area of 17th and Blake but did not say if anyone was injured as a result of that shooting.

In total, 10 people were injured in the 2000 block of Market Street.

The area is known for bars like Dierks Bentley’s Whiskey Row, ViewHouse Ballpark, and is next to Coors Field.

SkyFOX flew over LoDo after the Nuggets clinched their first championship and captured thousands of fans who celebrated into the late hours of the night.

DPD said this shooting is complex, and the investigation is in its early stages. Early information suggests that multiple shots were fired during an altercation that involved several people.

15th Street and Tremont Place

Around 11:50 p.m. Monday, DPD said they were investigating a shooting near 15th Street and Tremont Place. The area is a block away from the 16th Street Mall and several downtown hotels.

Nuggets’ championship parade will be Thursday: Here are all the details
One person was taken to a local hospital, but their injuries were unknown at this point.

Officers are working to obtain suspect information.

Pony
06-13-2023, 09:33 PM
:funnel::pewpew:

Teh One Who Knocks
06-13-2023, 09:50 PM
Take that Chicago!

Godfather
06-14-2023, 02:12 AM
Sad, and scary.... I was literally there the night prior!

I never mentioned earlier but ended up joining a bachelor party last minute as my work schedule randomly cleared up... We loved Denver, it was a random choice because the groom is our most social friend we have, and he'd been to every other cliche place for a bachelor party. Denver sounded fun, plus it's a direct flight. We saw a show at Red Rocks, caught a baseball game, played mini soccer at a cool place near Ball Arena, and then mostly just drank and went to the peelers :lol:

There's nowhere in Van anywhere near the party vibe as that area... it's wild. Saw several fights, had a few people just randomly try and start shit when we were walking home. Definitely stuck close with friends and went to more lowkey after hours spots. We're not in our 20's anymore.

Not saying I know what happened here but just as a visitor, you could feel tension in the area in that party district, it definitely felt a bit feral. Otherwise loved Denver though, want to go back with my wife.