PDA

View Full Version : Dad finds daughter, 11, dead under the bed hours after she warned him about a stranger at the door: cops

Teh One Who Knocks
08-17-2023, 01:57 PM
By Olivia Land - New York Post

https://i.imgur.com/C5RBBgi.png

A Texas dad came home to find his 11-year-old daughter had been raped and left dead under his bed — some five hours after she alerted him to a stranger at their door, according to cops and the grieving dad.

Carmelo Gonzalez, 32, told Fox 26 he had recently arrived at work when he got a text from his daughter Maria at 10 a.m. Saturday to say someone was knocking at their door in Pasadena.

“I told her, ‘Don’t open the door because I am arriving at work,’ and she responded, ‘I am in my bed,'” Gonzalez said of the “good, quiet girl” who only recently turned 11.

The dad later asked relatives who live in the same building “to go check on [her] because he hadn’t heard from her,” Pasadena Police Chief Josh Bruegger told a press conference Tuesday.

An aunt and uncle found the door open — but “were unable to locate her” after “a cursory check,” the police chief said.

When Gonzalez got home around 3 p.m. — about five hours after his daughter’s alarming warning — he found her lifeless body inside a laundry basket under his bed.

“They left her under the bed in a plastic bag. They left my poor daughter,” Gonzalez told the local outlet.

The 11-year-old was sexually assaulted before being strangled, the police chief said, adding that the young girl also suffered blunt force trauma to the head.

https://i.imgur.com/LaqMUxo.png

The Pasadena medical examiner confirmed that Maria had been raped and strangled, Fox 26 said.

Investigators do not have any suspects for the “violent, violent crime,” said the police chief, revealing that some people had volunteered DNA to be cleared.

“At this point, the father’s alibi checks out, so he is — at this point, at least — not a suspect,” Bruegger said.

https://i.imgur.com/QX2Pbck.png

Dad and daughter lived alone in the apartment, with the dead girl’s mom believed to be in Guatemala, the chief said.

“I do not know their legal status,” the police chief said of the family, stressing that “it’s the least of our concerns at this point.”

The home showed no signs of forced entry, and the door was closed but unlocked when Maria’s aunt and uncle first checked out the scene.

https://i.imgur.com/q5pTBl0.png

https://i.imgur.com/wFeeWnC.png

The apartment area has security cameras but they may not have been recording due to recent storms, the chief suggested.

The killer likely knew that the little girl was home alone at the time, Bruegger suggested.

“It seems awfully suspicious that Dad leaves for work and within 30 minutes you’ve got somebody knocking at the door,” the police chief noted.

PorkChopSandwiches
08-17-2023, 03:10 PM
JFC :sad:

lost in melb.
08-18-2023, 01:02 PM
Horrible.

Teh One Who Knocks
08-21-2023, 07:28 PM
Katie Daviscourt - The Post Millennial

https://i.imgur.com/BHgSDPDl.jpg

An illegal immigrant from Guatemala has been arrested and charged for the murder of an 11-year-old Texas girl who was found dead in her home last week.

Juan Carlos Garcia Rodriguez, 18, was arrested in Louisiana on Saturday by the Shreveport Police Department. Rodriguez has been charged with capital murder and is waiting to be extradited back to Texas, according to KHOU.

The victim, Maria Gonzalez, was found dead by her father, Carmelo Gonzalez, on Aug. 12. Her body was hidden in a laundry bag hidden underneath her bed. Maria was also reportedly sexually assaulted by Rodriguez.

"This arrest has brought the family and community some peace," the Gonzalez family said in a statement, according to KHOU.

"We are extremely thankful that he cannot cause this type of pain to anybody again," the family said. "I ask for those who are in charge to give us justice. May he be burdened with the full with of the law for what he has done to my daughter."

According to police, Garcia-Rodriguez lived at the same apartment complex as the Gonzalez family. Officers located a key at the crime scene, which they believe is evidence that belongs to the suspect, whose DNA was swabbed at the scene.

On Monday, police interviewed Rogriguez, but he immediately vanished and informed his roommate he was leaving town for a job.

Garcia-Rodriguez had illegally entered the US through El Paso in January but had been granted release upon arrival due to having a sponsor located in Louisiana after he had turned himself into authorities.

Maria had moved to the United States with her father four years prior and had only been living in the complex for three months when she was killed.

lost in melb.
08-22-2023, 02:38 PM
Kind of tragic all round. That someone that young would murder like that.

Teh One Who Knocks
08-22-2023, 02:53 PM
And it's a super good thing that our borders are secure to prevent shit like this from happening.

lost in melb.
08-22-2023, 03:09 PM
And it's a super good thing that our borders are secure to prevent shit like this from happening.

The thing is he was here legally. You need to change the law so there is no pathway to US citizenship by wandering across the border.

Teh One Who Knocks
08-22-2023, 03:16 PM
The thing is he was here legally. You need to change the law so there is no pathway to US citizenship by wandering across the border.

He came into the United States illegally but was granted release because of some alleged sponsor in Louisiana. Do you think they followed up to check out if this sponsor existed? And if his sponsor was in Louisiana, why the hell was he still in Texas. Border Patrol just lets these fucking animals loose into the interior of the country with little to no follow up and just take their word that they will show up for their hearings. It's absolutely ridiculous and it's all on this current administration.

lost in melb.
08-23-2023, 11:42 PM
He came into the United States illegally but was granted release because of some alleged sponsor in Louisiana. Do you think they followed up to check out if this sponsor existed? And if his sponsor was in Louisiana, why the hell was he still in Texas. Border Patrol just lets these fucking animals loose into the interior of the country with little to no follow up and just take their word that they will show up for their hearings. It's absolutely ridiculous and it's all on this current administration.

As far as I am reading there is no illegally entering the US anymore. Because when you do something 'illegal' there are repercussions, right?

I suggest you come to an arrangement with another country or protectorate (e.g. Puerto Rico) to ship refugees there for processing. This is what we do in Australia.

I don't agree it's all on the current administration, just worse. In reality you've had different flavours of this problem for decades. trump at least tried, I'll grant him.