PDA

View Full Version : Biden Has Already Begun Buying COVID-19 Equipment, Hiring Pandemic ‘Safety Protocol’ Enforcers.

PorkChopSandwiches
08-22-2023, 07:12 PM
The federal government has started purchasing COVID-19 equipment and hiring advisors on "safety protocols” amidst speculation the Biden White House will reinstate pandemic-era lockdowns and mandates, War Room can reveal.

The unearthed government contracts from entities including the Department of Defense (DOD) show millions in taxpayer funds being used to purchase COVID-19 equipment such as test kits. Some of the contracts, which are traceable via the federal government’s spending database, are even scheduled to begin in future months such as September and October.

The DOD, for example, gave Hologic Sales and Service LLC a $1.5 million contract beginning on October 1st that’s set to conclude in May of 2024. The federal database reveals the funds are for "Hologic covid testing services in support of the department of pathology at Madigan army medical center, Tacoma, WA 98431. (new delivery order).”

The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) also inked a $2 million contract with Abbott Molecular Inc. beginning on September 22nd. Set to conclude in September of 2024, the contract will provide testing services for viruses including COVID-19.

The VA also started a $1.3 million contract with Biofire Diagnostics LLC on August 18th for its "COVID-19 testing reagents and equipment.” The contract is slated to expire in August of next year.
On August 14th, the VA also began a $3.3 million contract with Oddball Inc for advisory on "adequate COVID/19 safety protocols”:

"TASK ORDER IS FOR DEVELOPER EXPERIENCE. “EO14042” MODIFICATION TO ADD FAR 52.223-99 ENSURING ADEQUATE COVID-19 SAFETY PROTOCOLS FOR FEDERAL CONTRACTORS (OCT 2021) (DEVIATION).”
The contract is set to expire in August of next year.

The unearthed contracts follow the mainstream media hyping an alleged surge in COVID-19 cases across America, which also dovetails with COVID-19 vaccine makers such as Pfizer experiencing a rapid decline in profits.

:honk:

Teh One Who Knocks
08-22-2023, 07:30 PM
It's nothing worse than a cold anymore, it's absolutely ridiculous that this shit is happening again.

Pony
08-22-2023, 08:33 PM
It's nothing worse than a cold anymore, it's absolutely ridiculous that this shit is happening again.

After so much information has come out about the unnecessary measures the first time I think there will be a HUGE backlash if he tries any sort of lockdown.

Teh One Who Knocks
08-23-2023, 02:51 PM
Leah Barkoukis - Townhall

https://i.imgur.com/iutOuFtl.jpg

Anthony Fauci’s recent comments during a Wayne State University event have some concerned that a lockdown 2.0 could be on the horizon, despite the social, emotional, financial, and educational toll it took on children, adults, and society at large.

At an event titled “Pandemic Lessons and Role of Faculty in Pandemic Preparedness with Dr. Anthony Fauci,” the former director of the National Institutes of Allergy and Infectious Diseases said the decision to shutter society was the right move.

Jordan Schachtel pulled some noteworthy quotes from the 40-minute discussion.

“You had to have something to immediately shut down the tsunami of infection,” he states, adding, “that lockdown was absolutely justified.”

“Lockdown has a purpose,” the pseudoscientist continued. “One of the purposes, if you don’t have a vaccine, it’s to get more ventilators, get the hospitals better prepared … until you decompress the pressure on the hospitals.

Fauci wasn’t done yet. Here comes the truly evil insanity...

“If you have a vaccine available, you might want to lock down temporarily so you can get everybody vaccinated,” he suggests.

Rejecting the idea that lockdowns are a moral question, he added that “lockdowns have a place, but they are not a permanent solution.”

The conversation continued, with the longtime NIAID chief declaring that “climate change” is “playing a role” in causing outbreaks.

He then calls for an “international commitment to decrease the carbon imprint in society so you don’t have the kinds of crazy weather we’re having in this country.”

Yes, that’s a real quote.
Fauci's comments come as one Southern college brought back mask-wearing, physical distancing, restrictions on large gatherings, and contact tracing for the next two weeks. A Hollywood studio also reimplemented mask mandates.
Media are also doing their part to fearmonger the public about rising COVID cases.

PorkChopSandwiches
08-23-2023, 03:39 PM
Next generation of COVID-19 vaccines and therapies gets a $1.4 billion boost

WASHINGTON — The Biden administration on Tuesday announced a $1.4 billion investment in developing the so-called next generation of COVID-19 vaccines and treatments.

Health and Human Services Secretary Xavier Becerra and Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response Dawn O’Connell made the announcement, saying the funding is part of the $5 billion program they hope will help the country get ahead of any future changes in COVID-19.

“This is an investment in expanding our country’s ability to respond to the future variants that we might see coming out of COVID,” Becerra said. “It’s an investment in better protecting all of our community, including those who are immunocompromised, and who don’t respond well to the existing vaccines.”

The $1.4 billion in funding should allow clinical trials for a new monoclonal antibody to start this autumn with clinical trials for a new COVID-19 vaccine starting as soon as the winter, O’Connell said.

“Project NextGen is operationalizing the lessons we’ve learned about the COVID-19 virus to broaden the nation’s medicine cabinet and increase protection for all communities,” O’Connell said.

The Biden administration, she said, expects to announce additional funding for Project NextGen programs before the end of the fiscal year on Sept. 30.

The projects funded on Tuesday include

$1 billion for four Phase IIb clinical trial studies on a COVID-19 vaccine. That funding will go to ICON Government and Public Health Solutions, Inc. of Hinckley, Ohio; Pharm-Olam, LLC, of Houston, Texas; Technical Resources International (TRI) Inc., of Bethesda, Maryland; and Rho Federal Systems Inc., Durham, North Carolina.
$326 million to Regeneron for a monoclonal antibody to prevent COVID-19.
$100 million to Global Health Investment Corp., a nonprofit organization that is managing an investment portfolio known as BARDA Ventures, referring to the federal agency called Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority. The portfolio should “expand investments in new technologies that will accelerate responses in the future,” according to a statement from HHS.
$10 million to Johnson & Johnson Innovation for a competition through Blue Knight, which HHS said in its statement is a partnership between BARDA and JLABS.
An HHS official said the department is in the process of identifying the COVID-19 vaccines that will move into the Phase IIb clinical trials.

Once the vaccines are identified, the HHS official said, the department would be able to “accelerate” their movement into clinical trials since a lot of the preparation to start a clinical trial can be going on before the vaccines are identified.

The HHS official said the timeline for moving the next generation of COVID-19 vaccines to doctors’ offices and pharmacies will be determined by the data and how effective they may be when compared with the current vaccines.

Pony
08-23-2023, 08:05 PM
I'm still not convinced that if we had just let it run through the population and let it burn out before it had a chance to mutate that MORE lives would have been lost in comparison to the three years of variants, suicides, vaccine "side effects", etc.

DemonGeminiX
08-25-2023, 04:17 AM
I've gotten 3 jabs already. I'm done. No more. Everybody pushing this shit can go to hell.

lost in melb.
08-26-2023, 07:19 PM
No more jabs for me.

Glad I did though. Delta, while it lasted,was more than just a cold.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-05-2023, 01:55 PM
By Melissa Rudy | Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/AZseYUm.png

In a Saturday interview, former White House chief medical adviser Dr. Anthony Fauci spoke out in defense of masking up amid today's rising COVID cases.

In the event that masks are again recommended, he is "concerned that people will not abide by recommendations," he said in the interview.

"I would hope that if we get to the point that the volume of cases is such and organizations like the CDC recommends – CDC does not mandate anything – recommends that people wear masks, I would hope that people abide by that recommendation and take into account the risks to themselves and their families," Fauci told CNN.

Fauci, who also served as the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases at the National Institutes of Health until December 2022, also called into question a January 2023 Cochrane study that found masking to be ineffective.

"When you’re talking about the effect on the pandemic as a whole, the data is less strong," Fauci said.

"But when you talk about an individual basis of someone protecting themselves … there’s no doubt that there’s many studies that show that there is an advantage [to masks]."

The Cochrane study, led by 12 researchers from esteemed universities around the world, compared the use of medical/surgical masks to wearing no masks.

The review found that "wearing a mask may make little to no difference in how many people caught a flu-like illness/COVID-like illness (nine studies; 276,917 people); and probably makes little or no difference in how many people have flu/COVID confirmed by a laboratory test (six studies; 13,919 people)."

https://i.imgur.com/Z0vNWo3.png

COVID hospitalizations increased 18.8% between Aug. 13 and Aug. 17 while deaths rose 17.6% between Aug. 20 and Aug. 26, per the CDC.

The numbers, however, remain far below the most recent spike in January 2023.

Weekly national hospitalizations were 15,067 as of Aug. 19; they were 44,410 in January 2023.

They peaked at 150,674 in January 2022.

‘Sweeping recommendations’ don’t work, doctor says

Dr. Marc Siegel, clinical professor of medicine at NYU Langone Medical Center and a Fox News medical contributor, pointed out that while the CDC may not mandate masks, the agency’s recommendations have frequently led to state, local and business mandates.

"I agree that high-grade masks in close quarters do have a use, especially if there is a lot of virus around and you are encountering people at high risk," he told Fox News Digital.

"But masks only work at all if they are worn properly."

He added, "A study from the University of Minnesota showed that 30% of people don't even wear them over their noses."

https://i.imgur.com/HvdjwwF.png

The doctor is also concerned about the negative effect of masking on young children, particularly in terms of socialization and learning.

"Also, young children often don't wear them properly, as Dr. John Walkup, chief of child psychiatry at Northwestern, told me in an interview," Siegel noted.

Siegel said he does believe that masks have a practical use in medical centers and doctors’ offices if there are a lot of respiratory viruses around.

"But sweeping recommendations, as Dr. Fauci appears to be suggesting, don't work," added Dr. Siegel.

https://i.imgur.com/wUaJMQm.png

The CDC’s most recent face mask order, which required all Americans to wear face coverings while taking public transportation, expired with the termination of the COVID public health emergency on May 11.

Although no U.S. states currently have mask mandates in place, several hospitals, schools and companies have begun requiring them yet again.

lost in melb.
09-05-2023, 02:44 PM
I know quite a few people that have come down. It looks like another wave.

PorkChopSandwiches
09-05-2023, 04:05 PM
The Cochrane study, led by 12 researchers from esteemed universities around the world, compared the use of medical/surgical masks to wearing no masks.

The review found that "wearing a mask may make little to no difference in how many people caught a flu-like illness/COVID-like illness (nine studies; 276,917 people); and probably makes little or no difference in how many people have flu/COVID confirmed by a laboratory test (six studies; 13,919 people)."

But please, wear a mask

KevinD
09-05-2023, 11:29 PM
Yeah, I know it was meant to be about capitalism etc, but, if the shoe fits libs......

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bWXazVhlyxQ&pp=ygUdbm93IHlvdSBkbyB3aGF0IHRoZXkgdG9sZCB5b3U%3D

lost in melb.
09-06-2023, 12:45 AM
If you wear a properly sealed n99 mask with face plate studies show it makes a difference :fu:

Pony
09-06-2023, 10:26 PM
If he declares another health emergency, the election is lost.