PDA

View Full Version : Drunk Florida teen only found out she’d been raped when she saw video of it shared on social media

Teh One Who Knocks
10-03-2023, 02:51 PM
By Olivia Land - New York Post

https://i.imgur.com/XVHF8uo.png

A horrified teenage girl found out she’d been raped while blackout drunk at a party when another teen shared sick footage of it on social media, according to police.

The girl, who was only identified as being between 12 and 18, “became intoxicated to the point of losing consciousness” at the Sept. 23 bash with other underage-drinking teens in Plant City, Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office said in a statement.

“It was during this vulnerable state that Daniel Brown, 17, raped the unconscious victim,” the sheriff’s office alleged.

Another partygoer, Ethan Eures, 18, filmed the sex attack and spread it on social media, the statement.

The next day, “the victim became aware of the sexual battery through the video footage that Eures had captured,” the sheriff’s office said.

“She contacted detectives, and both Brown and Eures confessed to their despicable actions.”

Brown was arrested on Sept. 28 on a charge of sexual battery by a person between 12 and 18.

Eures turned himself in at Orient Road Jail the next day on two counts of promotion of a sexual performance by a child and one count of unlawful use of a two-way communications device, the force said.

“I am disgusted at the actions of these individuals who exploited someone in such a vulnerable state,” Sheriff Chad Chronister said.

https://i.imgur.com/rVSonvG.png

“I extend my deepest sympathies to this young woman and admire her bravery in coming forward to our deputies.”

Eures was released shortly after his arrest on surety bond, jail records showed. Brown’s current status is unclear.

lost in melb.
10-03-2023, 03:38 PM
The girl, who was only identified as being between 12 and 18, “became intoxicated to the point of losing consciousness”

Parents? :?

lost in melb.
10-03-2023, 03:40 PM
I can't believe this article doesn't mention the obvious. Get a bunch of teens together with alcohol and there's probably going to be sex.

Godfather
10-04-2023, 04:44 AM
I can't believe this article doesn't mention the obvious. Get a bunch of teens together with alcohol and there's probably going to be sex.

I drank a lot of alcohol around girls, a lot of them got very drunk as did I during those experimental years, but we never raped anyone or gang banged any girls on video at any age .... I don't disagree that parents hold some responsibility to know where their kids are and what they're doing, but to just say that booze + teens = rape is a dismissal of some completely abhorrent, disgusting and unforgivable behavior by her 'friend' isn't it? If that had been a guy at one of our parties and we walked in on them having sex with a girl friend of ours passed out drunk, we might have killed them.

My folks were actually ok with us having a few drinks in our later teens and even let us take a few beers so they knew we weren't going to go buck wild on some swill we procured from a random source, but mine always taught us that 1) you never drink and drive and call if you need a ride no matter how late it is, and 2) You protect and look out for your friends if they drink too much. You don't fuck them.

lost in melb.
10-04-2023, 01:28 PM
I drank a lot of alcohol around girls, a lot of them got very drunk as did I during those experimental years, but we never raped anyone or gang banged any girls on video at any age .... I don't disagree that parents hold some responsibility to know where their kids are and what they're doing, but to just say that booze + teens = rape is a dismissal of some completely abhorrent, disgusting and unforgivable behavior by her 'friend' isn't it? If that had been a guy at one of our parties and we walked in on them having sex with a girl friend of ours passed out drunk, we might have killed them.

My folks were actually ok with us having a few drinks in our later teens and even let us take a few beers so they knew we weren't going to go buck wild on some swill we procured from a random source, but mine always taught us that 1) you never drink and drive and call if you need a ride no matter how late it is, and 2) You protect and look out for your friends if they drink too much. You don't fuck them.

I completely agree it doesn't exonerate him. But it wasn't just the case of one individual. Others were there and filming....

I didn't mean to come across as flippant about the rape but I still see the root cause as failure of parenting (not just on the night but systematically to raise such brats and also letting underage girl out by herself drinking without thoroughly vetting who her company would be). Like you said, you and your friends would not have tolerated this situation at all and I'm betting an enormous amount of that mature decision making was related to your upbringing? If the purpose of reporting is to improve the common good then I think these factors should be highlighted in these articles as well. You did exactly that in your post, but in my opinion the New York Post completely failed in this duty.

lost in melb.
10-04-2023, 01:33 PM
I see the rapist was 18. I thought he was underaged as well

PorkChopSandwiches
10-04-2023, 03:45 PM

This seems a lot different then that

lost in melb.
10-04-2023, 03:52 PM
This seems a lot different then that

True, it was non-consensual and other factors. I bet this sort of thing happens a lot more often than we think though (consensual and non-consensual) and is not reported. The only reason we know about it is probably because someone filmed it.