PDA

View Full Version : Fortune: Americans are pissed off about surviving a pandemic and paying for the privilege

FBD
11-20-2023, 06:44 PM
https://fortune.com/2023/11/19/why-americans-angry-pissed-about-economy-inflation-prices-pandemic-deflation/

https://i.imgur.com/n8k6gtn.jpg

Inflation has reached its lowest point in 2 1/2 years. The unemployment rate has stayed below 4% for the longest stretch since the 1960s. And the U.S. economy has repeatedly defied predictions of a coming recession. Yet according to a raft of polls and surveys, most Americans hold a glum view of the economy.

The disparity has led to befuddlement, exasperation and curiosity on social media and in opinion columns.

lol this is just in your face insulting

some garbage anecdotals

Edelberg said the jump in prices for items that people typically buy most often helps explain why many people are disgruntled about the economy — even as Americans have remained confident enough to keep spending at a healthy pace.

“Their purchasing power overall,” Edelberg said, “is doing pretty well.”

“They’re obsessing over the fact that the prices they pay for the things that are very salient — gas, food, grocery store prices, rent — those things still seem elevated, even though they’re not increasing as rapidly as they were,” Hershbein said.

“If everyone had lost a job,” he said, “we’d be focused on that.”

:lol:
:pitchforks:

Hikari Kisugi
11-22-2023, 01:23 PM
Pandemic wasn't the only source of price rises. China and India getting back to business, and cuts in oil production have led vast amounts of it, coupled with lack of grain from Ukraine having knock on effect.
Sent a level 10 guild navigator to Moscow sort that mess, and be done with the excuses for price rise, most of which is pure profiteering.

FBD
11-22-2023, 03:13 PM
Pandemic wasn't the only source of price rises. China and India getting back to business, and cuts in oil production have led vast amounts of it, coupled with lack of grain from Ukraine having knock on effect.
Sent a level 10 guild navigator to Moscow sort that mess, and be done with the excuses for price rise, most of which is pure profiteering.

I'm sure you know it was set up to blow up before the plandemic and that was just a "convenient" excuse ;)

There's a dude on /pol/ that posts images of all the ways, they are pretty informative, and tell clearly that central banking fraud is the root of all evil on this planet..things like banks cant make things work, let's do these overnight reverse repos and you taxpayers can have the fallout...I mean, either the central banks are dealt with, or this planet never gets fixed.

:popcorn: remains to be seen how this all plays out, but I'm kinda good on calling the play by play at this point, its like shooting fish in a barrel amassing data to support the position :D