PDA

View Full Version : Spiderman killed off. New one is half black & half mexican

Acid Trip
08-03-2011, 01:07 PM
Political correctness invading a comic store near you!

New ‘Spider-Man’ Swinging Into Comic Book Shops Following Death Of Peter Parker

http://cbsnewyork.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/new_spider_man-sff.jpg?w=300

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/08/02/new-spider-man-swinging-into-comic-book-shops-following-death-of-peter-parker/

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork)– There’s a new web-slinger in town.

New Yorkers take their fictional heroes seriously, so it may come as a shock to some that Peter Parker, the Queens native whose destiny was forever altered by a radioactive/genetically altered spider, has been killed off in the “Ultimates” imprint of Marvel Comics. The Ultimate series is different from Marvel’s standard line, in which Peter Parker is still happily toiling away as everybody’s favorite hard-luck hero.

No, in the Ultimates series, Peter Parker gets killed at the hands of his nemesis the Green Goblin. But, being a comic book series, no hero stays dead for long. While Peter Parker may be gone, a new kid is stepping into the tights: Miles Morales.

Miles Morales is a half-black, half-Hispanic super-powered teen who gets into the hero game after being inspired by Parker’s death.

“He’s younger than Peter Parker, he’s coming from a completely different background, a completely different world view,” writer Brian Michael Bendis told the Associated Press. Bendis, who has been writing Ultimate Spider-Man (and many other) comics for Marvel since 2000, is enthusiastic about the change. “I’m now sitting with a pile of legitimately new Spider-Man stories to tell and that is the best news a writer could have.”

No word on whether the change in ethnicity is going to play a role in casting decisions in upcoming Spider-Man movies or Spider-Man: Turn Off The Dark.

Muddy
08-03-2011, 01:09 PM
Wow..

Acid Trip
08-03-2011, 01:58 PM
Wow..

He may also be gay. I read that in another article but they didn't provide evidence to back that up.

Muddy
08-03-2011, 02:00 PM
:lol: god damn... PC runnin' wild!!

SmoothBob
08-03-2011, 02:13 PM
DC kinda followin suit next month, there scrappin ALL their titles and restartin 52 comics at issue 1..

Superman aint gonna be wearin a uniform..

Acid Trip
08-03-2011, 02:52 PM
Superman aint gonna be wearin a uniform..

So he's gonna dress like Clark Kent all the time?

redred
08-03-2011, 02:59 PM
http://cbsnewyork.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/new_spider_man-sff.jpg?w=300

can he drive F1 cars as well?

http://i.imgur.com/uz73C.jpg

Muddy
08-03-2011, 03:00 PM
NWO!!!!

redred
08-03-2011, 03:09 PM
hulk hogan with that silly blonde and black beard ??

Muddy
08-03-2011, 03:10 PM
Exactly... :lol:

AntZ
08-03-2011, 03:13 PM
When I saw the first Spider Man movie, every time Spider Man fought the cities criminal street gangs, the gangs were always made up of white guys and a couple of token orientals. Yup! That's realistic, everyone knows that ghetto gangs are always made up of white people! :roll:

I never saw another Spider Man movie after that. The same for that last shit Super Man movie where Super Man serves the world order and not for the "American Way".

Muddy
08-03-2011, 03:14 PM
Yeah, fuck um both... I'm sick of all this PC crap... Lets be real here...

fricnjay
08-03-2011, 03:26 PM
Its kinds sad that there is a lot of tradition involved with comics and there is a huge passing of the guard here. As far as new comic book sales go I have noticed more young black kids buying new books. So as far as a marketing perspective goes its probably the right move. :-k

Godfather
08-03-2011, 03:47 PM
Strange move Marvel :lol:

I don't read comics but I think what DC is doing with the reboot of their universe is a great idea. There are SO many stories and universes and characters and shit that nobody except Sheldon Cooper can keep up (seriously, go read the Wikipedia page on Batman and tell me you get it).

They're rebooting ever single comic in their world and giving people a chance to actually understand WTF is going on. :thumbsup:

AntZ
08-03-2011, 04:24 PM
Its kinds sad that there is a lot of tradition involved with comics and there is a huge passing of the guard here. As far as new comic book sales go I have noticed more young black kids buying new books. So as far as a marketing perspective goes its probably the right move. :-k

I have a real problem with industries revamping or destroying traditions in order to pursue a slight market trend. Yeah, everyone knows that the best companies stay ahead of the curve and keep the money rolling in. But in most cases these out of box thinkers wind up pissing off their base and very loyal customers, so when the trend bubble bursts and the up tick that they banked on moves on to greener pastures, the once reliable base is fragmented or gone!

Back in the early 90's, I had Season tickets to the Kings and had been a huge fan since I was young. I think it was Snoop Dog that started wearing Hockey sweaters in one of his rap videos, then every video had a Hockey sweater worn by the rapper. There was this ad agency/rap fashion guy from L.A. that set the trend for black gang members to wear N.H.L. gear. Soon, millions were sold all over the country to young black guys, mostly gang thugs. This black ad guy was interviewed about it on news segments how the black community is the new buying force. He was totally arrogant and boasted that he set the trend and the NHL better recognize what he's done and that he can take it away too! As if he was a mafia boss! :roll: When they asked the NHL about it, naturally they were kissing this guys ass and said they were so interested in expanding into new communities. Great! Good luck!

I won't be buying a NHL sweater (jersey) when every scumbag gang member is wearing one, or every time you turn on the news and see gang shootings and half are either wearing NBA or NHL jerseys. As the years went on, naturally, it faded as a gang fashion and you don't see them at all. Now, I will NEVER buy a Kings sweater for my son! When the NHL could have stepped up and denounced the violence and said that they weren't interested in associating with rap and what surrounds it, they took the easy way out and enjoyed the short fall. It's a shame because I looked forward to sharing the joy of rooting for my home team with my son, the same way I watched all the L.A. teams with my dad.

MLB did the same thing in the early 90's by moving all their games to the late evenings. Every playoff game on the east coast started at 9:00PM. I remember all the sports talk shows and even the broadcasters talking about it during a world series game with the Braves. The real reason was the spread of the sports bars and influence of the beer companies! the later the games, the more beer will get sold by people getting off late from work. I remember when people said on talk shows that this will kill off a generation of young fans! If kids can't see the games and get excited for their home teams, they will turn to other interests and not return! I remember running home from jr' high to see the end of a Dodger / Astros play off game, and sneaking my radio in high school when the Dodgers were trying to beat the Expose to go to the World Series. That doesn't exist anymore, most kids just don't care!

I could not believe when I was watching a ESPN Sunday night game this last year, they were boasting about how MLB was investing millions to try to get kids interested in baseball! Really, that's big of them, they're all too stupid to realize that they had the fans and decided to chase them away!

Same goes for the NBA and the whole condoning of the nigga/rap gang posse bullshit they celebrated for the last 15 years, just look at the All-star game.

SmoothBob
08-03-2011, 04:59 PM
New Superman:

http://toonbarn.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/New-Superman-Reboot.jpg

And as for people no liking change.. Is a western thing.

In the east most comics/anime etc is cancelled every few years and they come up with new charcters, new ideas.. Is a good thing! Stops the rot setting in..

PorkChopSandwiches
08-03-2011, 05:19 PM
Im 35, I dont read comic books :lol:

fricnjay
08-03-2011, 05:36 PM
I have a real problem with industries revamping or destroying traditions in order to pursue a slight market trend. Yeah, everyone knows that the best companies stay ahead of the curve and keep the money rolling in. But in most cases these out of box thinkers wind up pissing off their base and very loyal customers, so when the trend bubble bursts and the up tick that they banked on moves on to greener pastures, the once reliable base is fragmented or gone!

Back in the early 90's, I had Season tickets to the Kings and had been a huge fan since I was young. I think it was Snoop Dog that started wearing Hockey sweaters in one of his rap videos, then every video had a Hockey sweater worn by the rapper. There was this ad agency/rap fashion guy from L.A. that set the trend for black gang members to wear N.H.L. gear. Soon, millions were sold all over the country to young black guys, mostly gang thugs. This black ad guy was interviewed about it on news segments how the black community is the new buying force. He was totally arrogant and boasted that he set the trend and the NHL better recognize what he's done and that he can take it away too! As if he was a mafia boss! :roll: When they asked the NHL about it, naturally they were kissing this guys ass and said they were so interested in expanding into new communities. Great! Good luck!

I won't be buying a NHL sweater (jersey) when every scumbag gang member is wearing one, or every time you turn on the news and see gang shootings and half are either wearing NBA or NHL jerseys. As the years went on, naturally, it faded as a gang fashion and you don't see them at all. Now, I will NEVER buy a Kings sweater for my son! When the NHL could have stepped up and denounced the violence and said that they weren't interested in associating with rap and what surrounds it, they took the easy way out and enjoyed the short fall. It's a shame because I looked forward to sharing the joy of rooting for my home team with my son, the same way I watched all the L.A. teams with my dad.

MLB did the same thing in the early 90's by moving all their games to the late evenings. Every playoff game on the east coast started at 9:00PM. I remember all the sports talk shows and even the broadcasters talking about it during a world series game with the Braves. The real reason was the spread of the sports bars and influence of the beer companies! the later the games, the more beer will get sold by people getting off late from work. I remember when people said on talk shows that this will kill off a generation of young fans! If kids can't see the games and get excited for their home teams, they will turn to other interests and not return! I remember running home from jr' high to see the end of a Dodger / Astros play off game, and sneaking my radio in high school when the Dodgers were trying to beat the Expose to go to the World Series. That doesn't exist anymore, most kids just don't care!

I could not believe when I was watching a ESPN Sunday night game this last year, they were boasting about how MLB was investing millions to try to get kids interested in baseball! Really, that's big of them, they're all too stupid to realize that they had the fans and decided to chase them away!

Same goes for the NBA and the whole condoning of the nigga/rap gang posse bullshit they celebrated for the last 15 years, just look at the All-star game.

I agree sometimes companies do do things that end up backfiring and end up hurting their main demographic but in this case I thinks it a bit different. Comics were made huge during WWII because people needed heroes and who needs heroes now, inner city kids. I think it may actually be a good thing, giving hope to those that may not have none. Inspiration can be a powerful thing.

Teh One Who Knocks
08-03-2011, 05:37 PM
I agree sometimes companies do do things that end up backfiring and end up hurting their main demographic but in this case I thinks it a bit different. Comics were made huge during WWII because people needed heroes and who needs heroes now, inner city kids. I think it may actually be a good thing, giving hope to those that may not have none. Inspiration can be a powerful thing.

Then why not just come up with new heroes instead of changing the ones that have been around for 30, 40, 50, or 60 years?

fricnjay
08-03-2011, 05:45 PM
Then why not just come up with new heroes instead of changing the ones that have been around for 30, 40, 50, or 60 years?

I hear you and totally agree but honestly look around, how many people really have any better ideas? All the great stuff is already made, even in movies. :dunno:

PorkChopSandwiches
08-03-2011, 05:53 PM
I hear you and totally agree but honestly look around, how many people really have any better ideas? All the great stuff is already made, even in movies. :dunno:

We are hiving this conversation in another thread, there is plenty of new material everyone is just scared to turn it out

Hal-9000
08-03-2011, 05:56 PM
*sings*

You don't tug on Superman's cape
You don't spit into the wind
You don't pull the mask off the old Lone Ranger...

and you don't fucking kill SPIDERMAN! :x :x :x

Spiderman is a white kid from Queens...that's all I have to say on the subject.

AntZ
08-03-2011, 06:10 PM

Here's a famous black hero they can expand on!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTIklFsMjjU

Muddy
08-03-2011, 06:39 PM
:lol: hooo boy...

Hal-9000
08-03-2011, 07:10 PM
Why not make a new superhero?

Let's start a thread and come up with some passable ideas...I disagree with Jay, I think there's still some new ideas to be found for movies (both with superheros and other movie ideas)

SmoothBob
08-03-2011, 11:14 PM
There's fricken loads o comics that would be amazing series/movies, the likes of The walking Dead is a brilliant example.

There's meny i'd love that have talked about for years but never seen anythin more than development, The Preacher, transmetropolitan, 100 bullets as a TV series, there's loads out there, im in my late 30's and still believe comics can be amazing works and are a hive of young talent.

But a lot have been massacred, judge Dredd, league of gentlemen, ghost rider, fantastic four and the daddy - watchmen...there's far too many!

deebakes
08-04-2011, 12:06 AM
archie is #1 :tup:

Godfather
08-04-2011, 01:13 AM
Why not make a new superhero?

Let's start a thread and come up with some passable ideas...I disagree with Jay, I think there's still some new ideas to be found for movies (both with superheros and other movie ideas)

I don't blame Hollywood for playing the same hand with the well-known superhero movies. Batman and Spiderman movies make billions of dollars.

Lesser superhero movies like Green Lantern are lucky to get their budgets back.

Hal-9000
08-04-2011, 01:15 AM
I don't blame Hollywood for playing the same hand with the well-known superhero movies. Batman and Spiderman movies make billions of dollars.

Lesser superhero movies like Green Lantern are lucky to get their budgets back.

*nerds out and throws keyboard*

ummm...ok I would throw the keyboard if I could lift it...:oops:

and you changed your post you bastard :lol:

Godfather
08-04-2011, 01:19 AM
You've known me for years... I have a sick addition to editing and reworking my posts... always have :lol:

You should see how long it takes me to get a post just right when I'm angry :rofl:

Hal-9000
08-04-2011, 02:20 AM
You've known me for years... I have a sick addition to editing and reworking my posts... always have :lol:

You should see how long it takes me to get a post just right when I'm angry :rofl:

"addition?"

fix that shite homey :lol:

Joebob034
08-04-2011, 04:02 PM
this is why comics confuse me, so there's two different spider man series now?

Godfather
08-04-2011, 04:07 PM
Oh man, there are soooooooo many more than 2. This is why comics are too hard to follow.

These are comics where an alternative version of Spider-Man exists (from Wikipedia)

1.1 Ultimate Spider-Man
1.2 MC2
1.3 House of M
1.4 Spider-Man Marvel Adventures
1.5 Spider-Man 2099
1.6 Spider-Man 2211
1.7 1602
1.8 Elseworlds
1.9 Exiles
1.10 Earth X
1.11 Age of Apocalypse
1.12 What if? AoA
1.13 Spider-Man: Chapter One
1.14 Pestilence
1.15 Mutant X
1.16 What If?
1.17 Spider-Man Powerless
1.18 Spider-Man: Reign
1.19 Marvel Zombies
1.20 Earth-Z
1.21 Bullet Points
1.22 Spider-Man: India
1.23 Spider-Man: Noir
1.24 Wolverine: Old Man Logan
1.25 Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfect
1.26 Spider-Man Unlimited
1.27 X-Men Forever

Teh One Who Knocks
08-04-2011, 04:27 PM
I think they should redo the Shaft movie and make him white, just to be fair.

Ashton Kutcher should be cast in the role :)

SmoothBob
08-04-2011, 05:23 PM
Oh man, there are soooooooo many more than 2. This is why comics are too hard to follow.

These are comics where an alternative version of Spider-Man exists (from Wikipedia)

1.1 Ultimate Spider-Man
1.2 MC2
1.3 House of M
1.4 Spider-Man Marvel Adventures
1.5 Spider-Man 2099
1.6 Spider-Man 2211
1.7 1602
1.8 Elseworlds
1.9 Exiles
1.10 Earth X
1.11 Age of Apocalypse
1.12 What if? AoA
1.13 Spider-Man: Chapter One
1.14 Pestilence
1.15 Mutant X
1.16 What If?
1.17 Spider-Man Powerless
1.18 Spider-Man: Reign
1.19 Marvel Zombies
1.20 Earth-Z
1.21 Bullet Points
1.22 Spider-Man: India
1.23 Spider-Man: Noir
1.24 Wolverine: Old Man Logan
1.25 Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfect
1.26 Spider-Man Unlimited
1.27 X-Men Forever

Dont believe everythin on wiki! The majority of these are 1 off issues and the 'what if's' are stand alones that dont have anything to do with continuity..

The Ultimate universe again is seperate from the main Marvel line and should be treated as such..

Except for the movies that Marvel are making which follow the Ultimate universe, going for the Ultimate/yoof market!

The rule is 'white Nick Fury' = Marvel
And.. 'black Nick Fury' = Ultimate

:D

Hal-9000
08-04-2011, 05:28 PM
I think they should redo the Shaft movie and make him white, just to be fair.

Ashton Kutcher should be cast in the role :)

:lol:

milk did come out of my nose you know....stop that

Teh One Who Knocks
08-04-2011, 05:34 PM
:lol:

milk did come out of my nose you know....stop that

:dance: