PDA

View Full Version : Ex-NFL running back Rashard Mendenhall is ‘sick of average white guys commenting on football,’ proposes racial bowl game

Teh One Who Knocks
12-19-2023, 04:44 PM
By Ryan Gaydos, Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/NXPT8fJ.png

Former Super Bowl champion Rashard Mendenhall went viral after he proposed an “All-Black vs. All-White bowl” instead of the annual Pro Bowl, and said he’s “sick” of “white guys commenting on football.”

In the post on Monday on X, the former Pittsburgh Steelers running back blasted “white” NFL analysts without describing further exactly who the ire was directed at. The post has since been viewed over 15 million times.

“I’m sick of average white guys commenting on football,” Mendenhall wrote to his thousands of followers. “Y’all not even good at football.”

https://i.imgur.com/EKSK1lE.png

“Can we please replace the Pro Bowl with an All-Black vs. All-White bowl so these cats can stop trying to teach me who’s good at football,” he added. “I’m better than ur goat.”

It followed his earlier post slamming criticism of the Steelers and coach Mike Tomlin after the team’s loss Sunday to the Indianapolis Colts, 30-13.

The former Steeler wrote that he didn’t understand how a person could talk about “Tomlin’s playoff record, without acknowledging that [Steelers QB] Kenny Pickett has only played one year.”

He then took a swipe at former Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger and wrote, “Who was the QB for all those playoff loses?!! Literally all of them. Make up your minds. How you arbitrarily separate Mike & Ben in the [Win/Loss] column?”

Mendenhall played for the Steelers from 2008-2012 and won a Super Bowl ring in 2009 when the team beat the Arizona Cardinals in XLIII, Fox News noted. However, he failed to get a second ring after he ended up fumbling the ball in Super Bowl XLV following a hit by Packers’ Clay Matthews and the eventual team loss to Green Bay, 31-25.

The former running back’s drop in the big game was noted in the numerous reactions to his proposal.

“I’m sick of average RBs fumbling the ball away in the most important game they’ll ever play but I guess we both won’t get what we want Rashard,” one person wrote.

Another added, “Racist and fumbled away a Superbowl. Have some shame.”

While a third person wrote, “If you can’t hold onto the football when it matters most I’d suggest sitting this out.”