PDA

View Full Version : Michael Moore to Obama: ‘Show some guts,’ arrest S&P head

AntZ
08-08-2011, 10:13 PM
Michael Moore to Obama: ‘Show some guts,’ arrest S&P head

By Victor Morton

The Washington Times

12:56 p.m., Monday, August 8, 2011

Liberal firebrand Michael Moore called on President Obama to respond to the U.S. credit downgrade by arresting the leaders of the credit-ratings agencies.

On his Twitter feed Monday, the Oscar-winning film director also blamed the 2008 economic collapse on Standard & Poor's — apparently because it and other credit-ratings agencies did not downgrade mortgage-based bonds, which encouraged the housing bubble and let it spread throughout the economy.

"Pres Obama, show some guts & arrest the CEO of Standard & Poors. These criminals brought down the economy in 2008& now they will do it again," Mr. Moore wrote.

Standard & Poor's, one of three key debt agencies, stripped the U.S. federal government of its AAA status Friday night and reduced it to AA+ for the first time in the nation's history.

Mr. Moore went on to note that the "owners of S&P are old Bush family friends," continuing a theme he has developed through several films about capitalism as essentially a crony system for the rich and Wall Street, especially the Bush family.

He went on to link approvingly to an article last week in the Guardian, a left-wing British newspaper, about a police raid in Milan against the offices of S&P and fellow ratings agency Moody's. Italian police were searching for evidence on whether the rating agencies, in the words of a local prosecutor, "respect regulations as they carry out their work".

"Here's how they roll in Italy when it comes to these bastards," Mr. Moore cheered.

Mr. Moore did not note that Italy's government is led by a conservative prime minister, Silvio Berlusconi, a business tycoon who also has long been accused by his country's liberals and leftists of overseeing and benefiting from a system of crony capitalism.

Typical! Fatass Moore thinks Obama should be more like the other leftists dictators like Chavez and arrest anyone that disagrees with you or causes you problems! :lol:

Muddy
08-08-2011, 10:18 PM
Is the head of S&P one of these radical fox news whackos?

AntZ
08-08-2011, 10:21 PM
Is the head of S&P one of these radical fox news whackos?

No, pork belly says they are more of Bush's buddies, so it must be an inside job!!! Stay tuned for another movie about how bush tried to bring down Obama, it will probably premier just before the election. :roll:

"owners of S&P are old Bush family friends,"

Muddy
08-08-2011, 10:22 PM
I did hear somewhere where the S&P did make a 2 trillion dollar error when they were making their calculations... :-k And when they alerted to the error they all but ignored it and went ahead anyway... Hmmmmm.... I see a potential for some malice here... :huh:

AntZ
08-08-2011, 10:29 PM
I see a potential for some malice here... :huh:

That's all the evidence pork belly needs, stay tuned!

http://i.imgur.com/TjSaS.jpg

Muddy
08-08-2011, 10:32 PM
But, what if... ? What if there is some malice intended? What a scam! We'lll show the US lose it's triple A rating and bury the dems/libs once and for all..... it's totally possible...

AntZ
08-08-2011, 10:43 PM
But, what if... ? What if there is some malice intended? What a scam! We'lll show the US lose it's triple A rating and bury the dems/libs once and for all..... it's totally possible...

It could be?? But does everyone need to be so cynical about everything? Everything is a conspiracy!

People could say that the Chinook was actually shot down to silence Seal Team 6 from ever leaking out that Bin laden was actually never found or killed! Maybe that should be investigated too?? :-k

Muddy
08-08-2011, 10:45 PM
Just saying is all.. shits all out of whack and theres no telling what people may do..

AntZ
08-08-2011, 11:55 PM
Just saying is all.. shits all out of whack and theres no telling what people may do..

Something that just popped up!

Who 'made $10bn on 10/1 bet that U.S. credit rating would be downgraded'?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2023809/Did-George-Soros-win-10-1-return-S-Ps-US-credit-rating-downgrade.html

Loser
08-09-2011, 01:18 AM

Wouldn't see me shed a single fkin tear.

I'm not a republican by any means, I'm just tired of people that leech off the system.

Hal-9000
08-09-2011, 01:48 AM
Wouldn't see me shed a single fkin tear.

I'm not a republican by any means, I'm just tired of people that leech off the system.

hmm, always thought you were a rightie

you're actually left handed aren't you?! :lol:

Loser
08-09-2011, 02:04 AM
hmm, always thought you were a rightie

you're actually left handed aren't you?! :lol:

Ambidextrous actually ;)

AntZ
08-09-2011, 09:05 AM
Ambidextrous actually ;)

:hand:

Just because you can climax from either hand doesn't make you special! [-(

FBD
08-09-2011, 11:47 AM
Something that just popped up!

Oh look, the wonderful philanthropist made billions again betting on the failure of people he despises. :rolleyes:

Arkady Renko
08-09-2011, 11:55 AM
I did hear somewhere where the S&P did make a 2 trillion dollar error when they were making their calculations... :-k And when they alerted to the error they all but ignored it and went ahead anyway... Hmmmmm.... I see a potential for some malice here... :huh:

allegedly the projected overall debt load was not the single most decisive factor for the downgrade but rather the perceived inability of the US political system to tackle the problem. Makes sense, too. If they're serious about cutting deficits, it's not all that important if the overall debt is 19 or 21 trillion, if they can only come up with token measures, 2 trillion less won't save the day either.

On a side note, I find it interesting how the rating agencies kept dishing out very high grades to toxic papers until Lehman went bust and now they're supüer-critical when rating the US and other nations. What's that all about?

FBD
08-09-2011, 12:14 PM
Perceived inability :lol: Looks who's running the Senate and the white house, that's why there was no 'deal.' The Democrats are simply running around like a small child that just broke mom's expensive vase, looking to pin the blame on someone, anyone, for the accelerations since 2007 that they so clearly own.

And Obama sits on his thumbs while there's a ton of drilling leases expiring soon - what do you think, he'll let 'em expire, sorry? Necessarily.

Acid Trip
08-09-2011, 01:02 PM
This is hilarious! First S&P gets raked over the coals for not downgrading mortgage securities before the real estate bubble burst and now it's round two since...wait for it...since they are actually doing their job this time and downgrading the US as they should?!?!?!

OMG IT'S A CONSPIRACY! IT'S CAUSE OBAMA'S BLACK! ALL YOU CONSERVATIVES ARE RACIST! THE IDIOTS AT S&P CAN'T COUNT! THE TEA PARTY DID IT! ARGHHHH!

:rolleyes: