PDA

View Full Version : Allergy Season

Teh One Who Knocks
08-10-2011, 11:16 AM
I think it's starting early :|

RBP
08-10-2011, 02:12 PM
Hmmm... I have been having a runny nose, sneezing, and headaches. I thought I was getting a cold but maybe it's allergies.

Teh One Who Knocks
08-10-2011, 02:13 PM
I'm almost positive it's allergies. They seem to start earlier and earlier every year now. Eyes are red and itchy, nose running, and lots of sneezing :|

RBP
08-10-2011, 02:17 PM
Grrrrrr... I'll break out the alergy meds and see if it helps then. I don't remember really having allergies. :-k

Muddy
08-10-2011, 02:26 PM
I sneezed a minute ago...

RBP
08-10-2011, 02:30 PM
I sneezed a minute ago...

did you cover your mouth?

Muddy
08-10-2011, 02:32 PM
I keep a box of tissues by me...

Teh One Who Knocks
08-10-2011, 02:33 PM
Grrrrrr... I'll break out the alergy meds and see if it helps then. I don't remember really having allergies. :-k

They can start anytime...I never had allergies until about 6 or 7 years ago. And now they get worse every year it seems :wha:

minz
08-10-2011, 02:33 PM
My allergies start in April when they all start to cut the grass :(

Godfather
08-10-2011, 04:07 PM
Strange, what allergies bug you around this time of year?

Mine usually are worst in May and June and fade off by August for the year. It's when the trees (cedar and cottonwood) are pollinating and grass is being cut I think. My Dad and brother are miserable around that time of year too.

Teh One Who Knocks
08-10-2011, 04:15 PM
I don't have spring allergies, just late summer/fall allergies. No idea what it is that I'm allergic too, but it kills me every year.

I'm actually about to pop my first Claritin of the season :wha:

Godfather
08-10-2011, 04:28 PM
Oh boy. Enjoy

I'm a Reactine man myself, as well as Drisdan or Otravin to help clear the nose, and constant eye-drops to stop the itchiness. And gum to take my mind off the crap in my throat. Lovely really...

AntZ
08-10-2011, 05:22 PM
You all need to go out and find fresh local organic honey!

Spread some on your toast in the morning and it will knock down most of your strong symptoms because your body will build an immunity to the pollen. In other words, the bees went out and sampled all the plants that will make you sick and they created a natural sweet anti-venom!

It really works!

Teh One Who Knocks
08-10-2011, 05:23 PM
You all need to go out and find fresh local organic honey!

Spread some on your toast in the morning and it will knock down most of your strong symptoms because your body will build an immunity to the pollen. In other words, the bees went out and sampled all the plants that will make you sick and they created a natural sweet anti-venom!

It really works!

I've heard that before from other people too, I just haven't tried it yet :-k

In other news, popped the first Claritin and I'm already feeling better :)

AntZ
08-10-2011, 05:26 PM
You need to find the think natural unrefined white looking honey like this:

http://i.imgur.com/xIxeH.jpg

Not the cheap clear stuff in the market, that's too refined and not local.

Hal-9000
08-10-2011, 05:35 PM
I don't have seasonal allergies

I am allergic to cats, some dogs, feather pillows and hay.When I was young the folks would take me to my Uncle's farm and I'd always be sick
for a few days after.....then it dawned on them :shock: Maybe get him tested for allergies as his eyes are swollen shut, throat is enlarged and he's
sneezing and wheezing so badly that he can't talk...

:lol: my parents...gotta love em

Southern Belle
08-10-2011, 05:39 PM
Same here. I sneeze all the time these days. I take a claritin every day and use flonase. It helps.

redred
08-10-2011, 05:40 PM
my hay fever is under control this year haven't even used any tablets just a bit of spray

DemonGeminiX
08-10-2011, 05:46 PM
:hand:

You're all a buncha whiny pussies. A real man would figure out the type of allergies he has and go rub his face in the plants that cause his allergic reactions.

[-(

Southern Belle
08-10-2011, 05:50 PM
:hand: I'm not a man.

redred
08-10-2011, 06:28 PM

You're all a buncha whiny pussies. A real man would figure out the type of allergies he has and go rub his face in the plants that cause his allergic reactions.

[-(

:slap:

Hal-9000
08-10-2011, 06:53 PM

[-(

Weirdest one I found out about the hard way...one of my ex's moved into an apartment where the previous tenants had a ferret.She had no furniture so we were fooling around on the floor and my eyes and throat were just about swollen shut.I couldn't breathe and had to leave....tres embarrassing.

then we found out that they hadn't cleaned the rug in between tenants...I could literally smell ferret when I walked into her place...

Teh One Who Knocks
08-10-2011, 06:57 PM
I've had all kinds of animals as pets and the only thing I was ever allergic too were guinea pigs. I had hamsters and gerbils when I was a kid with no problem, but within a couple of days of getting the guinea pigs, it was just killing me.

Hal-9000
08-10-2011, 07:03 PM
I've had all kinds of animals as pets and the only thing I was ever allergic too were guinea pigs. I had hamsters and gerbils when I was a kid with no problem, but within a couple of days of getting the guinea pigs, it was just killing me.

that's the weird thing eh? For me, cats are the all time worst.I can tell if a cat's been in a house within 30 seconds of walking in.The ferret really affected me badly...didn't think they had that much dander or could leave such a delayed calling card in an apartment.

That ex was so cool...she rented a steam cleaner the next night and cleaned everything in the apartment...for me :face:

Goofy
08-10-2011, 09:38 PM
My allergies have been fine........ i suppose the 24hrs of constant rain helps keep them at bay :-k

deebakes
08-10-2011, 09:42 PM
I keep a box of tissues by me...

how did this softball get missed up to this point? :shock:

Goofy
08-10-2011, 09:43 PM
how did this softball get missed up to this point? :shock:

I went straight to page 2...... thats my excuse for missing it :oops:

deebakes
08-10-2011, 09:45 PM
I went straight to page 2...... thats my excuse for missing it :oops:

40 posts per page rookie...

Goofy
08-10-2011, 09:48 PM

40 posts per page rookie...

Takes too long to scroll through posts you've already read that way.........

JoeyB
08-10-2011, 09:49 PM
that's the weird thing eh? For me, cats are the all time worst.I can tell if a cat's been in a house within 30 seconds of walking in.

You would hate visiting my home.

FYI, as I said in one of my first posts around here...try a neti pot. All natural, cleans you out, and you don't waste money on potentially harmful drugs.

Griffin
08-10-2011, 09:55 PM
A man, sitting next to a woman on a jet, suddenly sneezes. Unexpectedly, he unzips his pants and wipes the end of his penis off with his handkerchief. He then zips up and continues reading his magazine.

The woman cannot believe what she just saw.

Then he sneezes again, unzips, pulls out his penis and wipes it off with a handkerchief.

The woman says, "Excuse me sir, but that is disgusting and rude."

He says, "I am so sorry that I have offended you. I have this very rare, embarrassing physical handicap that causes me to orgasm every time I sneeze."

The woman, disarmed by the man's honesty, and somewhat embarrassed by her own callousness, says, with sympathy, "Oh you poor man, what are you taking for it?"

"Pepper," he replies.

minz
08-10-2011, 10:01 PM
I have allergies to grass pollen aerosols, cats, dogs, house dust, yeast, lanolin, soap, to name but a few. :(

AntZ
08-10-2011, 10:07 PM
I have allergies to grass pollen aerosols, cats, dogs, house dust, yeast, lanolin, soap, to name but a few. :(

Damn! :huh:

http://i.imgur.com/aNw1O.jpg

Do you just keep a wiping towel over your shoulder? :-k

minz
08-10-2011, 10:11 PM
Damn! :huh:

http://i.imgur.com/aNw1O.jpg

Do you just keep a wiping towel over your shoulder? :-k

I was your typical snotty nosed kid :lol: now I just live on anti histamine and ventolin.

SmoothBob
08-10-2011, 10:33 PM
I have an allergy to shellfish, i get it from my mother.

Worst thing is i never used to have it, started when i was around 30.. And i used to LOVE shellfish, crab, lobster, prawns, the works. Cant go near it now, i feel it immediately and have to take anti-histamine pretty quick otherwise i start tae swell..

Oh and asprin too, again never used to, that wan started when i was around 22, decided after a night out that it would be a good idea to have an asprin and a pint o water, try preventing the hangover. Went tae bed but couldn't sleep, after a bit noticed my skin felt funny, went to the bathroom and i didn't recognise myself! Me face looked like Will Smith in that movie

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_-h2kq6vmhAk/S9CpjyOmegI/AAAAAAAAAV4/72ckxfbYKg4/s320/willsmith.gif

Called the emergency doc, he came round an game me steroids n anti an said if its not gone down in an hour call me back and ur going to hospital!

..thankfully the swelling went down! :D

JoeyB
08-10-2011, 10:53 PM
I have an allergy to shellfish, i get it from my mother.

Oh and asprin too, again never used to,

I was very sickly as a baby and nearly died from an aspirin allergic reaction, which led to my being hospitalized for several days. Thankfully, I was too young for any of that to be actively remembered.

Oh, and, if you are allergic to shellfish, you stop stop getting it from your mother.

Southern Belle
08-10-2011, 11:04 PM
I developed allergies to shell fish after having half my thyroid out. After a few years, it went away. Weird.

SmoothBob
08-10-2011, 11:20 PM
I was very sickly as a baby and nearly died from an aspirin allergic reaction, which led to my being hospitalized for several days. Thankfully, I was too young for any of that to be actively remembered.

Oh, and, if you are allergic to shellfish, you stop stop getting it from your mother.

Ach she was a wonderful woman, she really was, she had quite a few allergy's, had lots o potions and concoctions, poor wee thing.

Has been 3 years since she passed on and I still dont think ive come to terms with it..

Anyway, ah dont mean to go there..

Did your parents tell you when you were young to avoid asprin? I knew a guy who was in hospital as a kid from a serious wasp sting allergy and was drilled by his parents to go nowhere without these really lethal looking auto-syringe's which he had to inject himself immediately with if he got stung. I knew him in his 20's, used to share a flat with his brother, and he always carried the syringe with him everywhere.

JoeyB
08-10-2011, 11:24 PM
Did your parents tell you when you were young to avoid asprin? I knew a guy who was in hospital as a kid from a serious wasp sting allergy and was drilled by his parents to go nowhere without these really lethal looking auto-syringe's which he had to inject himself immediately with if he got stung. I knew him in his 20's, used to share a flat with his brother, and he always carried the syringe with him everywhere.

Yeah, I was strictly a no-fly zone where aspirin was concerned. Call me Captain Tylenol. I was born in 1970 and those auto injectors weren't something parents really kept around kids at the time. I still don't have one. Oddly, I am convinced my allergy to aspirin has abated, because I can take Pepto Bismol without dying. (Pepto has aspirin in it). I don't want to suggest to anyone to avoid concerns over allergic reactions, but INFORMALLY SPEAKING, I've found that childhood allergies tend to go away once puberty sets in, and adult allergies appear after puberty ends. Pay attention to people, you'll notice that trend.

SmoothBob
08-13-2011, 07:22 PM
Yeah, I was strictly a no-fly zone where aspirin was concerned. Call me Captain Tylenol. I was born in 1970 and those auto injectors weren't something parents really kept around kids at the time. I still don't have one. Oddly, I am convinced my allergy to aspirin has abated, because I can take Pepto Bismol without dying. (Pepto has aspirin in it). I don't want to suggest to anyone to avoid concerns over allergic reactions, but INFORMALLY SPEAKING, I've found that childhood allergies tend to go away once puberty sets in, and adult allergies appear after puberty ends. Pay attention to people, you'll notice that trend.

Couple o year ago went tae Cancun wi the missus, 1st night were having dinner an I say, fuck it, lets see if I do have allergy so order lobster bisque as a starter. Didnt even have a full spoonfull! As soon as it touched my tongue I new it!

Ran up to the room and took anti histimine and I was fine but thats it, aint gonna try again! :D

JoeyB
08-14-2011, 04:35 AM
Couple o year ago went tae Cancun wi the missus, 1st night were having dinner an I say, fuck it, lets see if I do have allergy so order lobster bisque as a starter. Didnt even have a full spoonfull! As soon as it touched my tongue I new it!

Ran up to the room and took anti histimine and I was fine but thats it, aint gonna try again! :D

I just noticed you have 'Kilt by Waldo..'

I might have to fix that soon...

Teh One Who Knocks
08-14-2011, 01:44 PM
I really love how because of the fucking meth heads that when someone normal goes in to buy allergy medication (the good stuff) you're made to feel like a criminal. :|

Teh One Who Knocks
08-16-2011, 03:32 PM
http://i.imgur.com/48Nbs.png

FBD
08-16-2011, 05:27 PM
allergies suck! I used to have seasonal ones up until a few years ago - whenever there was a 10+ degree change in the weather, I'd get all stuffed up. I got rid of them :razz:

Teh One Who Knocks
08-20-2011, 11:56 AM
Yeah, I should just get rid of them, why didn't I think of that? :rolleyes:

Teh One Who Knocks
08-20-2011, 11:56 AM
How much longer until the first hard frost? :|

Teh One Who Knocks
08-21-2011, 11:21 AM
I shouldn't have gone 3 days between allergy pills :sick: