PDA

View Full Version : What's the last movie you've seen?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30

Goofy
12-28-2017, 04:40 PM
Saw STAR WARS.

I thought there were a lot of flaws. IT just didn't quite feel like an integrated whole....Characters were built up and disappeared all of a sudden, and other appeared unexplained. Gaps in the story line. No real satisfaction to any aspect. The same repeated scene of the Rebel ships put putting away while their asses get bombed (that was the story line right there :yawn:) A bit too much touchy-feely emotional pandering.

Still, I enjoyed the movie all up. I thought the most interesting character was Luke Skywalker, great job by Mark Hamil conveying the same annoying insecure, idealistic ( yet compelling) kid who keeps fcking up. Second favourite character was the lil droid :) Rest were all fine, just not great. 7/10

https://i.imgur.com/SQ1NGcz.jpg

Hal-9000
12-28-2017, 07:41 PM
Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri

A dark comedy, with the emphasis on dark. Fantastic movie.

I would have sworn that the Coen Brothers wrote this in their heyday, same tone.

Frances McDormand is great as a grieving mother whose daughter was raped and killed.

Woody Harrelson and Sam Rockwell also give great performances.

A lot of unexpected moments in this. Recommended.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-28-2017, 07:44 PM
Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri

A dark comedy, with the emphasis on dark. Fantastic movie.

I would sworn The Coen Brothers wrote this in their heyday, same tone.

Frances McDormand is great as a grieving mother whose daughter was raped and killed.

Woody Harrelson and Sam Rockwell also give great performances.

A lot of expected moments in this. Recommended.

Woody Harrelson? Of the Han Solo movie fame? :D

Hal-9000
12-28-2017, 08:38 PM
Woody Harrelson? Of the Han Solo movie fame? :D

:beatdown:

Hal-9000
12-28-2017, 08:48 PM
Justice League

I was never a big comic book reader and have to say that most Superhero movies degenerate into a confusing mess of invincible people throwing each other around into buildings. Killing millions of civilians in the process. Shame on you Superheroes.

There's been the odd Spiderman or Superman or Ironman movie that has some heart and I've enjoyed, but not many.

That being said this movie had both components from the above. Lots of big-ass smackdown scenes, along with a few humorous scenes and a few character scenes.

Ben Assfleck will never be Batman to me, the Cyborg dude was a total CGI mess, as well as most of the Chernobyl CGI scenes looked like bad miniatures. It was an odd mix.

I liked Cavill as Superman, dude who played the flash was funny at times, but overall I just can't care about what happens to people who for the most part, can't be hurt.

Where's DGX??? To me, Aquaman is a dude with blonde hair and a gill suit. He is NOT a big biker looking guy with a beard who drinks whiskey :lol:

Wonder Woman is hot, but again...she's just about invincible so where's the real danger?

I was mildly entertained, but would never pay for a movie like this.

DemonGeminiX
12-28-2017, 11:33 PM
Justice League

I was never a big comic book reader and have to say that most Superhero movies degenerate into a confusing mess of invincible people throwing each other around into buildings. Killing millions of civilians in the process. Shame on you Superheroes.

There's been the odd Spiderman or Superman or Ironman movie that has some heart and I've enjoyed, but not many.

That being said this movie had both components from the above. Lots of big-ass smackdown scenes, along with a few humorous scenes and a few character scenes.

Ben Assfleck will never be Batman to me, the Cyborg dude was a total CGI mess, as well as most of the Chernobyl CGI scenes looked like bad miniatures. It was an odd mix.

I liked Cavill as Superman, dude who played the flash was funny at times, but overall I just can't care about what happens to people who for the most part, can't be hurt.

Where's DGX??? To me, Aquaman is a dude with blonde hair and a gill suit. He is NOT a big biker looking guy with a beard who drinks whiskey :lol:

Wonder Woman is hot, but again...she's just about invincible so where's the real danger?

I was mildly entertained, but would never pay for a movie like this.

Dee and I talked about the DC shitamatic universe earlier. I'm really disappointed in what they're doing.

Hal-9000
12-29-2017, 02:23 AM
I own them and have read them several times. They're by far my favorite long form books by King, except for the way that Flagg died. In fact, the whole subplot surrounding that, to me, was King phoning it in. Other than the Dark Tower series, his short stories are better. Just my opinion.

For what the movie was, there should've been more to it. It didn't have to have everything from all of the books and related short stories, but it felt way too rushed. Should've been a trilogy, at the very least.

Guess I don't need to read books two-eight now :| I'm on book one of the Dark Tower series currently.

:x was looking for your comments with Dee about Justice League movie.......

deebakes
12-29-2017, 03:07 AM
i haven't seen justice league yet because my kids have ZERO interest in seeing it :lol: i will catch it for free on one of my international flights in 2018 :tup:

deebakes
12-29-2017, 03:09 AM
Saw STAR WARS.
7/10

i think you are being pretty generous :lol:

DemonGeminiX
12-29-2017, 03:53 AM
:x was looking for your comments with Dee about Justice League movie.......

:-s

Justice League

Meh, it was ok. Predictable.

I still say Gal Gadot is a terrible actress.

i'm surprised you gave dc anymore money :lol:

my kids have ZERO interest in seeing that one...

Joss Whedon was involved in it, and the reviewers were saying that it was better than the earlier crap they put out. I wanted to give it a chance. I sincerely doubt I'll go to see any more of them.

And seriously, she may be eye candy, but Gadot sucks as an actress.

The kid that plays the Flash was pretty good, but the problem is you've already seen all the really funny scenes in the previews. The entire fucking movie was practically in the previews and the fucker was like 2 hours long. Furthermore, it's 2 fucking hours long and it still felt like some junk needed to be fleshed out a little better.

The whole time I'm watching Momoa, I'm thinking of the Big Bang Theory Halloween episode where no one wants to be Aquaman. It's not that Momoa was bad, I just couldn't get Raj out of my head saying, "Man, Aquaman sucks." :lol:

The dude who played Cyborg felt like the token black guy. I kinda feel bad about saying that because the guy is supposedly a good actor. But you can't help but compare him to Chadwick Boseman, Anthony Mackie, and/or Don Cheadle. They just had better material to work with.

There were several characters that were cut from the film and I'm really wondering why. How can you cut Willem Dafoe out of a fucking film? He makes the films he's in better!?! Maybe they'll release an extended Bluray or something with more scenes like they did with BvS.

Wait for the down-rent... or it'll probably be out on a streaming service sooner or later.

Oh well, Star Wars will be out in a few weeks. Palate cleanser.

thanks for the thorough review. i was debating whether to try to convince my kids to go to it over the next few days when they are off from school, but clearly won't bother :lol:

my oldest saw the new thor with his friends, but i have not had a chance yet :|

BTW: i was in germany last week, so i have a list of movies to add in a little bit :lol:

DemonGeminiX
12-29-2017, 03:58 AM
Guess I don't need to read books two-eight now :| I'm on book one of the Dark Tower series currently.

No, they're great books. Read them. My complaint was with the last book and oddly enough, they addressed that complaint in the movie... and I'm still not happy. I guess that's how bad the movie is in my eyes.

Hal-9000
12-29-2017, 04:08 AM
No, they're great books. Read them. My complaint was with the last book and oddly enough, they addressed that complaint in the movie... and I'm still not happy. I guess that's how bad the movie is in my eyes.

You kind of dropped a huge spoiler about a main character....:(

I've already read the series when they came out years ago :lol:

I'm pre-prepping myself with a refresher before watching the recent movie. It's been a few years since the first four books came out.

Have to agree. King has done better work.

DemonGeminiX
12-29-2017, 04:18 AM
To be honest though, most of the movie adaptations of King's books usually fall flat. His writing doesn't really translate well to the big screen. I haven't seen the new It yet, but a lot of people are saying it's good, so my interest is peaked. If a King adaptation is good, then that usually means that the writers and directors have taken massive liberties with the source material. Think Stanley Kubrick's The Shining... half of the junk in the film doesn't go down like that in the book. When they try to follow the book verbatim, the result usually sucks. There's a bunch of examples I can name. I don't think the ideas in his head play out like a movie. Maybe he just can't visualize it. Or maybe we're too desensitized to think the shit in his head is truly horrifying. I'm sure a croquet mallet would hurt, but really? Can you seriously terrorize somebody with it?

Hal-9000
12-29-2017, 04:33 AM
To be honest though, most of the movie adaptations of King's books usually fall flat. His writing doesn't really translate well to the big screen. I haven't seen the new It yet, but a lot of people are saying it's good, so my interest is peaked. If a King adaptation is good, then that usually means that the writers and directors have taken massive liberties with the source material. Think Stanley Kubrick's The Shining... half of the junk in the film doesn't go down like that in the book. When they try to follow the book verbatim, the result usually sucks. There's a bunch of examples I can name. I don't think the ideas in his head play out like a movie. Maybe he just can't visualize it. Or maybe we're too desensitized to think the shit in his head is truly horrifying. I'm sure a croquet mallet would hurt, but really? Can you seriously terrorize somebody with it?

I've found that King's books were better the first time through. Meaning, on a reread years later they don't seem as shocking or well written as I remember them. There could be other reasons for that, like other authors have stepped up their game and writing in general has improved over the years.

I just reread It, The Stand, and am going through the Dark Tower series now. The Stand in particular is not half as good as I recall. Some might say there's some hack writing in there.

The end of It is/was a mess depending on your taste and King has a bad habit of ending his books badly.

I liked The Shining movie (maybe because of the changes?) and understand your points above. His brand of terror rarely translates to movies. His ideas are still way out there, and I think that's why I appreciate him as an author.

As I get older though, my love for his work seems like a memory of something great you had as a child. You go back to that memory only to find it wasn't that great.

DemonGeminiX
12-29-2017, 04:43 AM
I've found that King's books were better the first time through. Meaning, on a reread years later they don't seem as shocking or well written as I remember them. There could be other reasons for that, like other authors have stepped up their game and writing in general has improved over the years.

I just reread It, The Stand, and am going through the Dark Tower series now. The Stand in particular is not half as good as I recall. Some might say there's some hack writing in there.

The end of It is/was a mess depending on your taste and King has a bad habit of ending his books badly.

I liked The Shining movie (maybe because of the changes?) and understand your points above. His brand of terror rarely translates to movies. His ideas are still way out there, and I think that's why I appreciate him as an author.

As I get older though, my love for his work seems like a memory of something great you had as a child. You go back to that memory only to find it wasn't that great.

I can agree with this statement in so many ways over many different things other than Stephen King. :lol:

When I was a kid growing up in NJ, we used to have supermarket frozen pizza called Ellios. Just rectangular frozen pizza. Nothing special about it. My cousin and I used to inhale those things like the air we breathed. It was so good. I always had fond memories of Ellios pizza back when I was a kid. Fast forward 35 years later, I find Ellios pizza in a local supermarket here in town... and I buy it. I come home, I cook it, I eat it, and it is the absolute worst tasting piece of shit I've ever had in my entire life. I immediately imagine my adult self looking back in time to my childhood self and telling him, "You fucking idiot. What the hell's the matter with you? This is horrendous. Jesus, kid, get a clue."... and the childhood me just looks down at his feet and starts crying. :lol:

lost in melb.
12-29-2017, 09:13 AM
i think you are being pretty generous :lol:

You couldn't call it C or D grade, surely [-(

DemonGeminiX
12-29-2017, 10:08 AM

It's a train wreck. Both TFA and TLJ have shit all over the Star Wars franchise. Even the shitty prequel movies are better than these 2 movies.

lost in melb.
12-29-2017, 10:49 AM
http://cinesavant.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/5542lure.png

:thumbsup:

https://hips.hearstapps.com/esq.h-cdn.co/assets/17/05/1485977351-screen-shot-2017-02-01-at-22218-pm.png

lost in melb.
12-29-2017, 10:58 AM
It's a train wreck. Both TFA and TLJ have shit all over the Star Wars franchise. Even the shitty prequel movies are better than these 2 movies.

I don't necessarily disagree. It was a so-so story riding on the back of special effects. Hence my B or 3 stars. Without the spectacle of it, I'd give it a C :idk:

I did see it at IMAX though

RBP
12-29-2017, 02:01 PM
http://cinesavant.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/5542lure.png

:thumbsup:

https://hips.hearstapps.com/esq.h-cdn.co/assets/17/05/1485977351-screen-shot-2017-02-01-at-22218-pm.png

In Warsaw, a pair of mermaid sisters are adopted into a cabaret. While one seeks love with humans the other hungers to dine on the human population of the city.

:shock:

lost in melb.
12-29-2017, 02:06 PM
:yumyum:

DemonGeminiX
12-29-2017, 04:07 PM
I don't necessarily disagree. It was a so-so story riding on the back of special effects. Hence my B or 3 stars. Without the spectacle of it, I'd give it a C :idk:

I did see it at IMAX though

Calling it a so-so story is being very generous. A B is very generous. The filmmakers don't understand the Original Trilogy characters and they seriously don't understand how the Force works. You praised Luke, but his characterization was all wrong. Luke doesn't succumb to fear, he faces it head on. He wouldn't run away. He wouldn't give up. There's no way in hell a n00b like Rey could control the Force the way she has in either film without extensive training. That's just the way it is. Anakin was created by the Force and he still needed training. Kylo may have held back on her, but for a guy who's powerful enough in the Force to stop blaster fire in midair to be beat in a lightsaber dual by anybody without any kind of training at all, let alone a girl who can barely wield a saber? C'mon man... that's complete and utter bullshit. She wouldn't be able to pull a Jedi mind trick and she wouldn't be able to move objects with ease like she has.

And Chewie's not a frickin' vegan, dammit. I don't care how cute the Porgs are.

Since when do we give a shit about fuel in a galaxy far far away? They totally ripped off BSG with that one.

Leia pulling a Mary Poppins in space was complete and utter bullshit.

That whole Rose story arc was god awful.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-29-2017, 04:37 PM

:shock:

Makes me glad I haven't seen them yet :lol:

Hal-9000
12-29-2017, 05:28 PM
I can agree with this statement in so many ways over many different things other than Stephen King. :lol:

When I was a kid growing up in NJ, we used to have supermarket frozen pizza called Ellios. Just rectangular frozen pizza. Nothing special about it. My cousin and I used to inhale those things like the air we breathed. It was so good. I always had fond memories of Ellios pizza back when I was a kid. Fast forward 35 years later, I find Ellios pizza in a local supermarket here in town... and I buy it. I come home, I cook it, I eat it, and it is the absolute worst tasting piece of shit I've ever had in my entire life. I immediately imagine my adult self looking back in time to my childhood self and telling him, "You fucking idiot. What the hell's the matter with you? This is horrendous. Jesus, kid, get a clue."... and the childhood me just looks down at his feet and starts crying. :lol:

There's a word or description for that syndrome. Something remembered as spectacular and when revisited, it's mediocre at best :lol:

deebakes
12-30-2017, 02:49 AM
:-k i think i can, can't i? :idk:

RBP
12-30-2017, 06:11 AM
https://i.imgur.com/ZGzyKZm.jpg?1

Great reviews, critically acclaimed, but... I didn't care for it. The dialogue was flat, the acting not great, story wasn't engaging.

The future mrs really liked it

My one sister loves it. My mom and my other sister were lukewarm to it.

lost in melb.
12-30-2017, 08:22 AM
Calling it a so-so story is being very generous. A B is very generous. The filmmakers don't understand the Original Trilogy characters and they seriously don't understand how the Force works. You praised Luke, but his characterization was all wrong. Luke doesn't succumb to fear, he faces it head on. He wouldn't run away. He wouldn't give up. There's no way in hell a n00b like Rey could control the Force the way she has in either film without extensive training. That's just the way it is. Anakin was created by the Force and he still needed training. Kylo may have held back on her, but for a guy who's powerful enough in the Force to stop blaster fire in midair to be beat in a lightsaber dual by anybody without any kind of training at all, let alone a girl who can barely wield a saber? C'mon man... that's complete and utter bullshit. She wouldn't be able to pull a Jedi mind trick and she wouldn't be able to move objects with ease like she has.

Agreed. The no training thing was a bit weird. But I think Luke was pretty scattery myself :shug:

And Chewie's not a frickin' vegan, dammit. I don't care how cute the Porgs are.

Since when do we give a shit about fuel in a galaxy far far away? They totally ripped off BSG with that one.

Leia pulling a Mary Poppins in space was complete and utter bullshit.

That whole Rose story arc was god awful.

pc stuff. deal with it! the galaxy has evolved

:-k i think i can, can't i? :idk:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/8vV3GqwuSV66io5TH5lw_do_it_i_dare_you_meme.jpg

lost in melb.
12-30-2017, 08:31 AM
On the subject of Star Wars, we watched the original trilogy over Chrissy, one per night. My younger siblings were picking up on all the scenes that wouldn't make the cut now. Sexual harassment, gratuitous sex, sexism, racial bias,#metoo

RBP
12-30-2017, 08:33 AM
:roll:

lost in melb.
12-30-2017, 10:17 AM
Yeah :roll:

Probably the fact that I saw the last 3 SWs with them has made me 'soft' in my appraisals. I've kinda given up :roll:

lost in melb.
12-30-2017, 10:19 AM
https://i.imgur.com/ZGzyKZm.jpg?1

Great reviews, critically acclaimed, but... I didn't care for it. The dialogue was flat, the acting not great, story wasn't engaging.

The future mrs really liked it

My one sister loves it. My mom and my other sister were lukewarm to it.

Marion McPherson, a California nurse, works tirelessly to keep her family afloat after her husband loses his job. She also maintains a turbulent bond with a teenage daughter who is just like her -- loving, strong-willed and deeply opinionated.

Sounds like your cuppa :lmao:

DemonGeminiX
12-30-2017, 10:28 AM
Agreed. The no training thing was a bit weird. But I think Luke was pretty scattery myself :shug:

Scattery?

pc stuff. deal with it! the galaxy has evolved

And the soul of the greatest cinematic franchise ever has withered and died.

On the subject of Star Wars, we watched the original trilogy over Chrissy, one per night. My younger siblings were picking up on all the scenes that wouldn't make the cut now. Sexual harassment, gratuitous sex, sexism, racial bias,#metoo

It's your duty to explain to these kids why all of that accusatory stuff is hogwash. Teach the children. Save the human race.

lost in melb.
12-30-2017, 03:08 PM
Scattery?

And the soul of the greatest cinematic franchise ever has withered and died.

It's your duty to explain to these kids why all of that accusatory stuff is hogwash. Teach the children. Save the human race.

They seem happy enough :hand: They did really like the first series, it was tongue in cheek.

I've been reading some of the reviews on

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/star_wars_the_last_jedi/

The thing that makes the film most interesting is its function as a bridge between two paradigms, really two distinct generations, Boomers and Millennials. :lol:

December 28, 2017 | Full Review…

Dorothy Woodend
https://resizing.flixster.com/ZdYKHVL2oMeynoLVwKT2XrOyHmk=/50x50/v1.YzsyNzg3O2c7MTc1NTA7MTIwMDsxNTA7MTUw

The Tyee (British Columbia)

Hal-9000
12-30-2017, 05:40 PM
It's been a long time since I've watched a Lance-flick :lol:

contemplating this...

https://i.imgur.com/226Znve.jpg

deebakes
12-31-2017, 01:56 AM
'bright' on netflix starring will smith

this thing was awful, i know porky will love it :tup:

deebakes
12-31-2017, 02:01 AM
i guess godfather would also love it as it includes footage of a staged joe rogan experience podcast and the line 'play stupid games, win stupid prizes' :lol:

DemonGeminiX
12-31-2017, 02:33 AM
I was gonna watch that, but I guess I'll pass now. :lol:

deebakes
12-31-2017, 03:24 AM
you should watch it, it's actually entertaining :tup:

Hal-9000
12-31-2017, 05:46 PM

you should watch it, it's actually entertaining :tup:

:-k

I just watched that. Tons of money, stars involved and total POS :lol:

Overview : Orcs and Elves live alongside humans in a thinly veiled 'thinkpiece', where the orcs represent blacks and the elves represent privileged whites (I think..).

Essentially a cop buddy movie where they throw in mystical events and creatures, result - shitfest :lol:

deebakes
12-31-2017, 10:38 PM
i thought the orcs were cholos :lol:

Hal-9000
01-02-2018, 08:19 PM
i thought the orcs were cholos :lol:

The uneducated and 'dumb' implications could apply to a few racial stereotypes. For a supposed feel good buddy movie, I thought the overall tone was mean and pretty sad :lol:

Muddy
01-02-2018, 08:56 PM
Rogue 1 again.

deebakes
01-03-2018, 02:17 AM
:tup:

deebakes
01-03-2018, 02:18 AM
The uneducated and 'dumb' implications could apply to a few racial stereotypes. For a supposed feel good buddy movie, I thought the overall tone was mean and pretty sad :lol:

we need our resident cholo to weight in... porky? :?

The Monk
01-03-2018, 04:14 AM
Star Wars VIII - The Last Jedi

Hal-9000
01-03-2018, 05:34 PM
we need our resident cholo to weight in... porky? :?

He's been down in south LA tunin up the low rider.

RBP
01-03-2018, 05:38 PM
Maybe he got a hall pass.

https://i.imgur.com/9pHJ5OE.jpg

Hal-9000
01-03-2018, 05:47 PM
Maybe he got a hall pass.

https://i.imgur.com/9pHJ5OE.jpg

thought you said something else for a moment there...nvm

DemonGeminiX
01-05-2018, 02:51 AM
Blade Runner 2049

Ana de Armas is freakin' hot.

PorkChopSandwiches
01-10-2018, 03:59 PM
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81Mi4-Qt4wL._SL1500_.jpg

:tup: Very entertaining

PorkChopSandwiches
01-10-2018, 04:01 PM

I thought it was shit

PorkChopSandwiches
01-10-2018, 04:01 PM
https://gofatherhood.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/infinity-chamber-movie-poster-one-sheet-fp.png

This was a pretty fucked up story

Hal-9000
01-10-2018, 06:24 PM
I thought it was shit

I thought the same and just listened to a podcast where three people agreed :lol:

One of them tried to walk it back by saying - It was free on my computer (straight to Netflix) and it was better than Suicide Squad.

:lol: high praise indeed

Hal-9000
01-10-2018, 06:26 PM
https://gofatherhood.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/infinity-chamber-movie-poster-one-sheet-fp.png

This was a pretty fucked up story

Reminds me of Cube just based on the description

PorkChopSandwiches
01-10-2018, 06:28 PM
I thought the same and just listened to a podcast where three people agreed :lol:

One of them tried to walk it back by saying - It was free on my computer (straight to Netflix) and it was better than Suicide Squad.

:lol: high praise indeed

Yeah better than SS isn't saying much either.

deebakes
01-11-2018, 01:51 AM
:bwaha:

deebakes
01-11-2018, 01:52 AM
kingsman 2

:tup: Very entertaining

:agreed:

PorkChopSandwiches
01-11-2018, 04:50 PM
Kingsman 2 is next in my queue

deebakes
01-12-2018, 02:20 AM
:oops:

i watched kingsman 2 on the plane this week, i liked the first one better, but it was still entertaining :tup:

then i watched 'atomic blonde' - i enjoyed seeing charlize in the various outfits :wank:

also watched 'american made' with tom cruise about barry seal and his trafficking ways, it was better than expected :tup:

Hal-9000
01-12-2018, 05:59 PM
:oops:

i watched kingsman 2 on the plane this week, i liked the first one better, but it was still entertaining :tup:

then i watched 'atomic blonde' - i enjoyed seeing charlize in the various outfits :wank:

also watched 'american made' with tom cruise about barry seal and his trafficking ways, it was better than expected :tup:

The true story of Barry Seal is pretty entertaining. I guess the guy would fly anywhere. Those dodgy 300 foot jungle runways at night really happened. An associate said Barry did the math one day and had an epiphany. He realized he could stuff his plane with hundreds of kilos of coke rather than just take 10 or 20 at a time :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
01-13-2018, 09:49 PM
Downsizing with Matt Damon. Pretty interesting idea

PorkChopSandwiches
01-13-2018, 09:50 PM
The Polka King with Jack Black. Based on a true story :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
01-13-2018, 09:51 PM
Before I Wake. :thumbsup:

Hal-9000
01-15-2018, 03:44 PM
Orange Sunshine

Interesting documentary about Porky's Dad and his buds in the 60's :thumbsup:

Muddy
01-15-2018, 04:04 PM
Paddington.

Good movie.

http://i64.tinypic.com/29nxiyr.jpg

DemonGeminiX
02-05-2018, 06:02 AM
The Cloverfield Paradox on Netflix.

deebakes
02-06-2018, 12:15 AM
and? :?

DemonGeminiX
02-06-2018, 12:19 AM
It's not that bad, but I understand why it didn't go to brick and mortar theaters.

DemonGeminiX
02-13-2018, 05:21 AM
American Assassin.

Meh, it was alright. Some parts were good, others could've been better. Overall, the movie was ok. The villain's motivation was kind of stupid...

Hal-9000
02-18-2018, 08:43 PM
The King of Kong

Billy Mitchell, what a douchebag :lol:

And recent news says he is a lying douchebag...

DemonGeminiX
02-18-2018, 09:02 PM
Shane (1953)

Great western, but I wonder if the audiences in the 50s thought that the kid was as annoying as I thought he was.

deebakes
02-18-2018, 10:41 PM
took my kids to black panther yesterday. they both liked it (one thought it was middle of the road for marvel movies, the other would rank it in the top 3 marvel flicks). it was entertaining enough, there wasn't a ton of black panther action, it was more a wakanda movie almost :shrug:

PorkChopSandwiches
02-19-2018, 04:52 PM
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/cinemorgue/images/6/60/Valerian_Final_Alt3_1Sht_27x39_small.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20170909222655

A bit cheesy, but enjoyable

Muddy
02-19-2018, 05:09 PM
took my kids to black panther yesterday. they both liked it (one thought it was middle of the road for marvel movies, the other would rank it in the top 3 marvel flicks). it was entertaining enough, there wasn't a ton of black panther action, it was more a wakanda movie almost :shrug:

https://i.imgur.com/AUgG10cl.jpg

deebakes
02-19-2018, 05:18 PM
i didn't buy an action claw and there were plenty of seats in the theatre for paying patrons :hand:

Muddy
02-19-2018, 05:20 PM
:privilege:

DemonGeminiX
02-20-2018, 01:04 AM

I just got back from seeing this. The theater was barely a quarter full and there was like 2 black guys in the entire crowd and they were sitting together. I think one of them kept looking around at all the white people in the movie theater.

Anyway, it's not a bad movie, but it's kind of run of the mill for Marvel origin/intro films. I think they're following a generic intro script with this one. Media reviews have it ranked higher than it deserves. Honestly, I was a little bored with it. The best part was the after scene showing Bucky, but even that was "ok, now what?". It didn't really advance the narrative much besides the fact that Bucky wasn't frozen anymore. I guess it's safe to assume that they got the conditioning out of his head. The tribal kids were calling him "The White Wolf", so I'm not sure what's going to come of that.

deebakes
02-20-2018, 02:28 AM
agree pretty much completely, it was a fine movie, i just don't see it as 100% movie personally :shrug:

DemonGeminiX
02-20-2018, 02:42 AM
I'm calling it the calm before the storm that will be the Infinity Wars.

PorkChopSandwiches
02-20-2018, 05:01 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtoeTa63bSY

Only got through about 30 min before I had to leave, seems decent so far

Godfather
02-25-2018, 09:25 AM
Unbroken.

Meh, not bad at all, nothing special though. I really liked the book, Louis Zamperini's story is utterly incredible and Laura Hillenbrand told it beautifully. Hard to top.

Godfather
02-25-2018, 09:26 AM
Only the Brave

Do you want to cry big man tears? Here's your movie.

Hal-9000
02-25-2018, 05:43 PM
Unbroken.

Meh, not bad at all, nothing special though. I really liked the book, Louis Zamperini's story is utterly incredible and Laura Hillenbrand told it beautifully. Hard to top.

One of those cases where the real story eclipses the movie. The raft and then what followed...it was incredible.

Godfather
02-27-2018, 06:07 PM
One of those cases where the real story eclipses the movie. The raft and then what followed...it was incredible.

Truly. I remember reading the book and just thinking ‘no friggin way’ every time things take yet another turn for the worst for the poor guy.

Goofy
03-10-2018, 01:16 AM
https://i.imgur.com/P3taU0e.jpg

I'm not crying, you're crying [-(

deebakes
03-10-2018, 04:11 PM
thor ragnarok :tup:

then...

justice league :|

DemonGeminiX
03-10-2018, 08:50 PM
Should have reversed the order in which you watched them. You would have been left feeling better. :lol:

deebakes
03-10-2018, 08:52 PM
watched thor on the way to baltimore last week, justice league on the way back. thor was highlighted as a new release and i hadn't seen it, so i immediately started watching it even before take off :lol:

redred
03-11-2018, 12:09 AM
Both weren't that great

deebakes
03-11-2018, 12:50 AM
at least thor 3 was better than thor 2 :shrug:

DemonGeminiX
03-11-2018, 02:00 PM
I thought Ragnarok was pretty good. Not Winter Soldier good, but still pretty good. A damn sight better than 2. :idk:

deebakes
03-11-2018, 02:18 PM
i had somewhat low expectations for ragnarok, which made it easy for it to exceed them and be better than i expected... :tup:

i had the same low expectations for justice league... they should have been even lower :lol:

Hugh_Janus
03-11-2018, 10:36 PM
10 cloverfield lane... or whatevs

lost in melb.
03-17-2018, 11:39 AM
This was a really good movie.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71xjaIvKfeL._SY445_.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn1_874iCh4

PorkChopSandwiches
03-19-2018, 05:49 PM
http://cdn02.cdn.justjared.com/wp-content/uploads/headlines/2018/02/jared-leto-the-outsider.jpg

Some decent violence

PorkChopSandwiches
03-22-2018, 04:11 PM
Thor: Ragnarok LOL it was pretty funny

PorkChopSandwiches
03-22-2018, 04:13 PM
The Shape of Water
Decent, needed more fish dicks

deebakes
03-23-2018, 02:16 AM
especially since she fucked the fish dude right? :?

lost in melb.
03-24-2018, 03:28 AM
https://www.zoom.co.uk/assets/images/0/0/2/4/4/mm00244394.jpg?width=450

deebakes
03-24-2018, 03:58 AM
any good? :?

lost in melb.
03-24-2018, 09:54 AM
Yes, definitely an interesting story, whatever you make of it - and well acted. I'll never see Marvel the same again.

DemonGeminiX
03-24-2018, 12:45 PM
Wonder Woman is a DC property not Marvel

deebakes
03-24-2018, 12:45 PM
i've been curious to check that one out, probably will wait until it is on my next flight :lol:

lost in melb.
03-25-2018, 11:59 AM
Wonder Woman is a DC property not Marvel

True, but the whole female kicking ass thing happens a lot in Marvel, too. DC doesn't seem to be on the radar as much...

DemonGeminiX
04-08-2018, 07:27 AM
DC rushed things to try to catch up to Marvel and cash in on the superhero movie craze that Marvel started with Iron Man. Subsequently, DC's fucking everything up because they're not taking their time writing decent scripts and introducing their universe bit by bit like Marvel did.

DemonGeminiX
04-08-2018, 07:27 AM
The Accountant

lost in melb.
04-08-2018, 12:25 PM
We saw this instead of another movie that was cancelled. The women hated it, and the guys all liked it. No idea it was DD Lewis, damn he's a good actor.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMTUxODcwOTU2Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTUzNjY2NDM@._ V1_UY1200_CR64,800,1200_AL_.jpg

Muddy
04-08-2018, 04:15 PM
Daniel Day is the best... ^^

PorkChopSandwiches
04-09-2018, 04:20 PM
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81NuuGhiNmL._SL1500_.jpg

deebakes
04-16-2018, 03:25 AM
refreshed my memory by watching captain america: civil war and doctor strange

PorkChopSandwiches
04-19-2018, 05:00 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1h5QtQ-_ZI

Decent Indy movie, lots of good actors

deebakes
04-29-2018, 07:37 PM
went to san diego, so i was able to watch:

the disaster artist: i found this one pretty funny actually :tup:

downsizing: it was okay, went a direction i didn't expect

deadpool: because it is awesome :tup:

the shape of water: the fact that the chick fucked a fish dude and there was no fish dick is a big let down :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
04-30-2018, 03:39 PM
the disaster artist: i found this one pretty funny actually :tup:

I just got The Room on Bluray to watch before I watch this one :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
04-30-2018, 03:40 PM
http://geekleagueofamerica.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/ice-pirates-01.jpg

Its pretty terrible, but I love it.

DemonGeminiX
04-30-2018, 03:47 PM
That's a fuckin' classic. I remember watching that on tv back in the 80s. :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
04-30-2018, 04:19 PM
Yeah, I used to watch it all the time, it came out in 84. You can almost smell all the cocaine they were most likely on while making it :)

DemonGeminiX
05-01-2018, 11:53 PM
https://i.imgur.com/qZrcXYZ.jpg

deebakes
05-02-2018, 01:32 AM
my kids went to that over the weekend, i haven't seen it yet. they didn't seem overly impressed (and generally my older one is a good barometer for movies). he said it was good, but definitely not his favorite marvel movie :shrug:

i can't say too much as i haven't watched it :lol:

DemonGeminiX
05-02-2018, 08:11 AM
You need to go see it, Dee.

It was good, but like your kid, not my favorite Marvel movie either. It moved fast. It didn't feel like 2 and a half hours. There's a lot going on and they get down to business from the opening bell. It follows the comic, but they don't put everything in there. If they did, the movie would easily be 7+ hours long. Still, they could have easily made the movie 3 and a half hours, and it still wouldn't feel like it was dragging along.

Stay for the after credits scene.

deebakes
05-03-2018, 03:41 AM
thanks for the advice, i will see it at some point, just not quite sure when at this point :lol:

DemonGeminiX
05-03-2018, 10:25 PM
Deadpool 2 is coming up on the 18th and the Han Solo one is on the 25th. It's a heavy movie month.

deebakes
05-04-2018, 03:27 AM
actually went to avengers earlier tonight... i'm not sure how i feel about it yet to be honest :shrug:

DemonGeminiX
05-04-2018, 07:48 AM
I liked it. Sure, there are issues with it, but it was a fun rollercoaster-ish flick.

DemonGeminiX
05-05-2018, 10:29 PM
Anon (Netflix).

Interesting premise. Shitty execution. The bad guy doesn't add up.

DemonGeminiX
05-16-2018, 07:57 AM
The Little Hours

PorkChopSandwiches
05-17-2018, 03:38 PM
Anon (Netflix).

Interesting premise. Shitty execution. The bad guy doesn't add up.

Felt the same, loved the idea of it.

PorkChopSandwiches
05-17-2018, 06:30 PM
Baywatch. Amazing :lol:

Muddy
05-17-2018, 06:41 PM
Goony Goo Goo..

deebakes
05-18-2018, 02:53 AM
deadpool 2

fucking awesome

DemonGeminiX
05-18-2018, 03:04 AM
I'm gonna go sometime next week.

deebakes
05-18-2018, 03:17 AM
i knew i wasn't going to be going with my kids, so the opportunity was there tonight to go :lol:

DemonGeminiX
05-18-2018, 03:41 AM
I just want to avoid the rush. I don't mind waiting a few days.

deebakes
05-18-2018, 03:46 AM
it wasn't too bad in the theatre i typically go to tonight, but i am sure it is more than a typical thursday night movie in that place :tup:

one guy brought his son, who must have been maybe 12. the dad was out of the theatre more than half the time, i don't quite know how to interpret that :idk:

DemonGeminiX
05-18-2018, 04:21 AM
I live in a small town with not a whole helluva lot to do. New releases are always packed on the first weekend, especially for the geek fare... Star Wars, comic book flicks, action/sci fi/comedies... I just don't like to deal with the crowds.

I remember going to the Dark Knight Rises on release night and almost coming to blows with some asshole teenagers taking up all the handicapped spots in the theater, even when there was an entire row of empty seats 3-4 rows down.

deebakes
05-18-2018, 04:29 AM
i guess there are 4 movie theaters in our town with the one i typically go to the least likely for dates. the place is good and reasonable, but nothing fancy or lounger style or anything. i paid $5 to go on opening night at 7 pm with the discount they give me for being an employee of a particularly large employer in the city :lol:

DemonGeminiX
05-18-2018, 05:17 AM
I have 1 theater in town. Small, 9 screens, plush seats, but not the lounge type. If I want to go to another theater, I have drive an hour north to Brunswick, or an hour (or more) south to Yulee/Fernandina, Jacksonville, or all the way down to Saint Augustine (which I have never done... St. Augustine's just way too far to see a movie). I don't mind driving to Yulee/Fernandina, or even to North Jax. I don't mind going to Brunswick either, but in both cases, I need to have other junk on my to-do list to justify making the trek. Going all that way for a movie alone just isn't enough to justify the drive.

DemonGeminiX
05-22-2018, 01:41 AM
Deadpool 2

Hilarious

deebakes
05-22-2018, 03:24 AM
:tup:

DemonGeminiX
05-22-2018, 10:04 PM
The greatest line to ever have been spoken by any character in any film, TV show, or stage performance was uttered in that film.

When the Juggernaut was tossing Colossus around, the Juggernaut said, "I'm gonna melt you down and turn you into a cock ring."

I was crying from laughing so hard.

deebakes
05-22-2018, 11:13 PM
:rofl: :+1:

i couldn't contain my laughter when deadpool fell in the cafeteria at the prison and broke his back :rofl:

DemonGeminiX
05-25-2018, 10:06 AM
Atomic Blonde

John Wick with tits.

deebakes
05-26-2018, 12:04 AM
i though that was an entertaining enough movie :shrug:

DemonGeminiX
05-26-2018, 12:37 AM
I didn't think it was bad. Just kind of long. Maybe I didn't really feel like watching it at the time.

deebakes
05-26-2018, 12:41 AM
probably will see solo with my kids tomorrow :tup:

DemonGeminiX
05-26-2018, 08:29 AM
I think I'm gonna go on Tuesday.

deebakes
05-26-2018, 01:28 PM
i won't spoil anything, i just hope it isn't the dog shit that the last jedi was :shrug:

deebakes
05-26-2018, 09:22 PM
went and saw solo with my kids

DemonGeminiX
05-27-2018, 01:00 AM
:-k

Thumbs up or down?

deebakes
05-27-2018, 01:43 AM
maybe i should wait until after you see it :lol:

DemonGeminiX
05-27-2018, 06:38 AM
Alright. We'll talk about what you don't like about it after I've seen it. :D

deebakes
05-27-2018, 05:58 PM
my kids thought it was a pretty decent movie, they put it somewhere in the middle of all of the star wars movies, so much better than the dog shit last jedi in their opinion :shrug:

DemonGeminiX
05-28-2018, 07:12 AM
The Lazarus Effect

deebakes
05-28-2018, 01:16 PM
the rachel divide on netflix about rachel dolezal (the white lady who said she was black)

this chick is so screwed up. her sons are just asking her to tell the truth, these poor kids must have it so tough :(

PorkChopSandwiches
05-28-2018, 07:11 PM
Deadpool. The first one

Teh One Who Knocks
05-29-2018, 10:49 AM
https://i.imgur.com/BRkPNJ5.jpg

And

https://i.imgur.com/hhjXsGL.jpg

Trying to get caught up on all the Marvel films we haven't seen before seeing Infinity War. Really liked these, for some reason thought they looked kinda dumb when they first came out, but they were really good. Wife and kid both liked them as well. :thumbsup:

Muddy
05-29-2018, 12:54 PM
I still need to see the first one.. ^^

DemonGeminiX
05-29-2018, 11:03 PM
Solo: A Star Wars Story

Teh One Who Knocks
05-29-2018, 11:29 PM
I still need to see the first one.. ^^

You saw the sequel before watching the first one? :confused:

Muddy
05-30-2018, 12:26 AM
I need to see the first one so I can see the second one..

deebakes
05-30-2018, 02:21 AM
Solo: A Star Wars Story

i assume L3 was your highlight?

DemonGeminiX
05-30-2018, 02:50 AM
i assume L3 was your highlight?

No, not really. I'm not really sure what my highlight was to be honest.

deebakes
05-30-2018, 03:05 AM
by no means was it a stellar movie, i thought it really dragged getting going for the first 1/3 at least. i think it was okay (better than last jedi), but there were a lot of problems that i had. i also couldn't help but always think khaleesi every time she was on screen, which ended up being a lot. my kids put it behind rouge one and the originals but ahead of last jedi, attack of the clones, revenge of the sith and phantom menace, which i guess is fair. i think this is majorly going to hamper the 'spin-off' star wars movies, as it really didn't tell that much of a story arc of han :shrug:

DemonGeminiX
05-30-2018, 05:27 AM
by no means was it a stellar movie, i thought it really dragged getting going for the first 1/3 at least. i think it was okay (better than last jedi), but there were a lot of problems that i had. i also couldn't help but always think khaleesi every time she was on screen, which ended up being a lot. my kids put it behind rouge one and the originals but ahead of last jedi, attack of the clones, revenge of the sith and phantom menace, which i guess is fair. i think this is majorly going to hamper the 'spin-off' star wars movies, as it really didn't tell that much of a story arc of han :shrug:

No, it wasn't stellar. I always have problems with movies that tell a preexisting backstory. Think of the 'the Thing' prequel that came out a while back. It was all storytelling by the numbers, and some of it was really forced. You're always going to know how it ultimately ends, so there's no real suspense in the dangers they try to come up with to fill in the general outline. Same thing here. We all know that Han, Chewie, and Lando make it out alive to at least episode 6, so really, what's the point? Whoop-dee-doo, big-ass gravity well with a huge ass space octopus that the Falcon has to outrun. I guess there's no real danger to anybody here since we're not in an alternate timeline and we already know where, when, and how Han Solo eventually dies. Introducing the other characters and making them the real story might have made it better, but they didn't do that. But they did that in Rogue One, and that's why it was such a stellar movie. We knew ultimately what was going to happen, the Death Star plans get to the Rebels, but what happened to the players responsible? We had no idea who was involved and how they did it, and that's what made Rogue One so much fun.

The Game of Thrones people are going to be haunted by the fact that they were on that show for the rest of their careers, kind of like how the original Star Wars cast is haunted by the fact that they were a part of Star Wars. So yeah, whenever we see Emilia Clarke, all we're gonna think is Khaleesi. Whenever we see Peter Dinklage, all we're gonna think is Tyrion Lannister. That's what happens when you're a part of something iconic. You can't escape it. From now on, Robert Downey Jr. is Tony Stark. And he always will be. Period, end of. But I guess he's at a stage in his life where that's ok. He did it right. He had a career, a decline, then a resurgence into an iconic role. And he made a gazillion dollars off of it. Seriously, he's set for life now. You could say the same thing about Alec Guinness.

The film was ok. I kept thinking that these anthology filmmakers really like smartass droids. They must have stolen the idea from Interstellar. Anyway, you're not gonna beat Empire. A New Hope. Rogue One is up there with the first 2. Then comes ROTJ. I'll put Solo in the middle and I'm currently putting the prequel trilogy ahead of the sequels. You can pick and choose the order, but really, what it boils down to is that all 5 of them are inferior films compared to my top 4. The prequels could have been a lot better, but whatever. Scrap the sequels, rewrite new sequels and make them vastly different.

There's rumors that there could be a sequel to this one. I say if they make Han and Chewie part of a larger crew full of characters that we don't know, but end up giving a crap about and find out what happens to them instead of trying to make us worry about Han and Chewie, then maybe it could work. But I doubt it. Han and Chewie are the bankable characters, and that's what the filmmakers are going to focus on.

There's a backlash among fans because of the sequel series with Rey and all of the other new ones. It's because of the Last Jedi, really. That's why the Solo film came in second behind Deadpool 2. The fans are boycotting this film. All told, they're probably gonna boycott future films as well. People are calling for the immediate removal of Kathleen Kennedy. If the Lucasfilms organization doesn't turn this ship around, then I don't see new Star Wars films remaining a bankable commodity for much longer.

Personally, I think they should get away from the main story and the main characters and reinstate the expanded universe and make some movies about shit other than Han and the Skywalker line. There's an entire galaxy with a rich history to explore. Make some films using that stuff as inspiration. That's my 2 cents.

lost in melb.
05-30-2018, 06:21 AM

Is it suitable to take a 30 year old and 16 year old to??

DemonGeminiX
05-30-2018, 06:35 AM
It's Star Wars. What would be unsuitable about it?

Goofy
05-30-2018, 07:07 AM
All the hardcore fucking? :-k

DemonGeminiX
05-30-2018, 07:43 AM

I must have missed that installment. :sad2:

deebakes
05-31-2018, 02:50 AM
Is it suitable to take a 30 year old and 16 year old to??

of course :lol:

not sure if that was a serious question or not though :rofl:

deebakes
05-31-2018, 02:55 AM
No, it wasn't stellar. I always have problems with movies that tell a preexisting backstory. Think of the 'the Thing' prequel that came out a while back. It was all storytelling by the numbers, and some of it was really forced. You're always going to know how it ultimately ends, so there's no real suspense in the dangers they try to come up with to fill in the general outline. Same thing here. We all know that Han, Chewie, and Lando make it out alive to at least episode 6, so really, what's the point? Whoop-dee-doo, big-ass gravity well with a huge ass space octopus that the Falcon has to outrun. I guess there's no real danger to anybody here since we're not in an alternate timeline and we already know where, when, and how Han Solo eventually dies. Introducing the other characters and making them the real story might have made it better, but they didn't do that. But they did that in Rogue One, and that's why it was such a stellar movie. We knew ultimately what was going to happen, the Death Star plans get to the Rebels, but what happened to the players responsible? We had no idea who was involved and how they did it, and that's what made Rogue One so much fun.

The Game of Thrones people are going to be haunted by the fact that they were on that show for the rest of their careers, kind of like how the original Star Wars cast is haunted by the fact that they were a part of Star Wars. So yeah, whenever we see Emilia Clarke, all we're gonna think is Khaleesi. Whenever we see Peter Dinklage, all we're gonna think is Tyrion Lannister. That's what happens when you're a part of something iconic. You can't escape it. From now on, Robert Downey Jr. is Tony Stark. And he always will be. Period, end of. But I guess he's at a stage in his life where that's ok. He did it right. He had a career, a decline, then a resurgence into an iconic role. And he made a gazillion dollars off of it. Seriously, he's set for life now. You could say the same thing about Alec Guinness.

The film was ok. I kept thinking that these anthology filmmakers really like smartass droids. They must have stolen the idea from Interstellar. Anyway, you're not gonna beat Empire. A New Hope. Rogue One is up there with the first 2. Then comes ROTJ. I'll put Solo in the middle and I'm currently putting the prequel trilogy ahead of the sequels. You can pick and choose the order, but really, what it boils down to is that all 5 of them are inferior films compared to my top 4. The prequels could have been a lot better, but whatever. Scrap the sequels, rewrite new sequels and make them vastly different.

There's rumors that there could be a sequel to this one. I say if they make Han and Chewie part of a larger crew full of characters that we don't know, but end up giving a crap about and find out what happens to them instead of trying to make us worry about Han and Chewie, then maybe it could work. But I doubt it. Han and Chewie are the bankable characters, and that's what the filmmakers are going to focus on.

There's a backlash among fans because of the sequel series with Rey and all of the other new ones. It's because of the Last Jedi, really. That's why the Solo film came in second behind Deadpool 2. The fans are boycotting this film. All told, they're probably gonna boycott future films as well. People are calling for the immediate removal of Kathleen Kennedy. If the Lucasfilms organization doesn't turn this ship around, then I don't see new Star Wars films remaining a bankable commodity for much longer.

Personally, I think they should get away from the main story and the main characters and reinstate the expanded universe and make some movies about shit other than Han and the Skywalker line. There's an entire galaxy with a rich history to explore. Make some films using that stuff as inspiration. That's my 2 cents.

good points dgx. my kids and i were talking about it this morning a bunch and we decided that knowing that han/chewie/lando are all okay left this film as kind of a get to know a little back story on han, but not all the way to the beginning of new hope, so there is still a lot of story left to tell from our thinking. i left being more interested almost in qi'ra's story and would have liked to see the whole arc there instead of focusing on a main character and not completing his story.

rogue one was a great movie, it told an entire story, there wasn't a feeling of 'just the tip' like there was when i left from solo :lol:

lost in melb.
05-31-2018, 07:01 AM

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c3/f2/d9/c3f2d9250ec1715da32e33d74801027d.jpg

lost in melb.
05-31-2018, 07:02 AM
of course :lol:

not sure if that was a serious question or not though :rofl:

Rephrase: would the 16 to 30 demographic be suitably entertained? Or is it for 10 year olds :idk:

think I have my answer [-(

deebakes
05-31-2018, 11:42 PM
i think they would be suitably entertained :shrug:

DemonGeminiX
06-01-2018, 03:31 AM
Rephrase: would the 16 to 30 demographic be suitably entertained? Or is it for 10 year olds :idk:

think I have my answer [-(

Do they like Star Wars? If so, they might be.

If they've never seen a Star Wars movie ever in their lives, then what rock did you find them under?

DemonGeminiX
06-03-2018, 01:06 PM
Ex Machina

Caleb's a fuckin' idiot.

DemonGeminiX
06-08-2018, 06:16 AM
Morgan

Meh. It was ok.

PorkChopSandwiches
06-11-2018, 03:41 PM
https://roadtovrlive-5ea0.kxcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/ready-player-one-new-poster-1.jpg

Pretty good glimpse of our future

DemonGeminiX
06-26-2018, 12:04 AM
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

I thought it was better than the first Jurassic World that came out a couple of years back. More suspense, in my opinion. Still not better than the the first Jurassic Park though.

A few of the characters in it were complete idiots, but whatever. I'm still not buying Chris Pratt as the Velociraptor whisperer.

There's one scene that, if you're really paying attention, will make you a little sad. Reviewers are talking about it online. Some people had some strong reactions to it.

It was a fun movie, overall.

deebakes
06-27-2018, 02:17 AM
incredibles 2

entertaining enough movie, my kids liked it :tup:

PorkChopSandwiches
06-27-2018, 06:49 PM
https://onemoviefiveviews.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/the-imaginarium-of-doctor-parnassus-dvd-cover.png

Got pretty stoned and watched this, its a weird one.

Teh One Who Knocks
07-05-2018, 11:28 AM
https://i.imgur.com/Yqlympb.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/lF2rDFR.jpg

Knocked two more Marvel movies out before watching the latest Avengers movie. Both were pretty good :tup:

deebakes
07-05-2018, 11:54 PM
those are good ones :tup:

Teh One Who Knocks
07-06-2018, 09:23 AM
those are good ones :tup:

Wasn't sure about Doctor Strange at first, but really ended up liking it.

deebakes
07-06-2018, 12:58 PM
i felt the same, and i think i liked it even better the second (+) times around :lol: the first time i saw it i was just really dizzy at the end :rofl:

DemonGeminiX
07-06-2018, 06:42 PM
Doctor Strange was my favorite comic book growing up, so I was like a kid in a candy store watching that movie.

DemonGeminiX
07-08-2018, 03:08 AM
Free Fire

Teh One Who Knocks
07-09-2018, 10:03 AM
https://i.imgur.com/yQWktet.jpg

Watched another of the Marvel films that we haven't seen. Getting closer to being able to watch Infinity War now. I think all that I have left is the newest Spiderman film and Black Panther....but not sure if I wanna watch that one or not.

Goofy
07-09-2018, 10:06 AM
I think all that I have left is the newest Spiderman film and Black Panther....but not sure if I wanna watch that one or not.

:racist:

Pony
07-09-2018, 11:50 AM
Watched another of the Marvel films that we haven't seen. Getting closer to being able to watch Infinity War now. I think all that I have left is the newest Spiderman film and Black Panther....but not sure if I wanna watch that one or not.

I watched BP last night......

Teh One Who Knocks
07-09-2018, 12:07 PM
I watched BP last night......

And? Good? Crappy?

Pony
07-09-2018, 12:17 PM
Meh, It was ok, Probably my least favorite Marvel film to date. The Comedic quips were forced, the effects were way overdone and the racist theme of "us vs them" was pushed way too hard. Very obvious liberal agenda. Should have just stuck to making entertainment.

Pony
07-09-2018, 12:20 PM
BTW It doe's little to advance the ongoing storyline across other Marvel films. If you decide to skip it I'll give you a half paragraph summary to fill in the needed details for Infinity Wars.

Teh One Who Knocks
07-09-2018, 12:28 PM
BTW It doe's little to advance the ongoing storyline across other Marvel films. If you decide to skip it I'll give you a half paragraph summary to fill in the needed details for Infinity Wars.

So it's okay to watch Infinity War without seeing Black Panther? Nothing major is brought up in Infinity War that will leave me lost because I didn't watch Black Panther?

Pony
07-09-2018, 12:42 PM
So it's okay to watch Infinity War without seeing Black Panther? Nothing major is brought up in Infinity War that will leave me lost because I didn't watch Black Panther?

I haven't seen Infinity war yet but there wasn't much that couldn't be summarized in a couple sentences.

Wakanda is a secret advanced city of Vibranium based technology, including weapons, medicine and transportation (including a vibranium grown plant that gives BP super strength and reflexes). In the after movie clip Wakanda comes out to the UN announcing they will start supporting impoverished areas globally, essentially the secret is out that they are a world superpower sitting on a shitload of Vibranium

DemonGeminiX
07-11-2018, 12:17 AM
Also, don't forget that Bucky is in Wakanda after the events of Civil War. One of the end credit scenes of BP is the revealing of Bucky being out of cryostasis. It's a minor detail, but it does comes into play in Infinity War.

I wasn't too up on Black Panther either. It wasn't particularly bad per se, but it felt like they were following a formula, and yeah, there's a whole mess of underlying racist tones and were easy to spot.

I just got back from Ant-man and the Wasp.

PorkChopSandwiches
07-11-2018, 07:24 PM
https://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/dailyuw.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/0/a9/0a95f298-183c-11e8-b7fd-3ba98f0da072/5a8f73a50a329.image.jpg

Pretty good. I like pretty much anything with Jason Bateman in it

Muddy
07-11-2018, 07:50 PM
https://i.imgur.com/yQWktet.jpg

Is the Hulk saying... "Steeeeeve" ?

Muddy
07-11-2018, 07:52 PM
https://i.imgur.com/EmsMeRH.gif

Godfather
07-14-2018, 07:12 AM
Sicario 2/Day of the Soldato. The plot and themes weren't nearly as strong, and the little mexican girl was no replacement for Blunt's character... but still an enjoyable, badass gritty movie.

deebakes
07-14-2018, 01:11 PM
i never saw the first one i don't think :shrug:

i'll probably take my kids to ant man tomorrow :tup:

Godfather
07-14-2018, 04:37 PM
i never saw the first one i don't think :shrug:

i'll probably take my kids to ant man tomorrow :tup:

The first Sicario is so good, I've watched it a couple times, and I highly recommend it. Definitely not for kids though.

deebakes
07-14-2018, 04:40 PM
my 14 year old is still trying to convince me that i should let him watch deadpool :lol:

Godfather
07-14-2018, 06:24 PM
:lol: What's that 9th grade? Probably not much worse than he's heard at school by now :lol:

deebakes
07-14-2018, 06:47 PM
i know, i am a lame dad :lol:

i wouldn't be mad if he saw it, but i am also not going to make it easy for him either (think about how hard we had to work to even see titties when we were growing up and rewarding that felt). if he is motivated enough, i am sure he will watch it and let me know about it afterwards :rofl:

DemonGeminiX
07-14-2018, 09:12 PM
:lol:

deebakes
07-16-2018, 02:02 AM
took my kids to ant-man and wasp. we liked it overall :tup:

Noilly Pratt
07-17-2018, 08:20 PM
took my kids to ant-man and wasp. we liked it overall :tup:

Same here on Sunday.

PorkChopSandwiches
08-10-2018, 05:26 PM
https://i2-wp-com.cdn.ampproject.org/i/s/i2.wp.com/readysteadycut.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/the-package-artwork.jpg

deebakes
08-10-2018, 11:25 PM
any good? :?

deebakes
08-10-2018, 11:25 PM
ex machina and extinction on netflix :tup:

PorkChopSandwiches
08-12-2018, 03:04 AM
It's mindless comedy, done by the guys from workaholics. Not great but I fine for what it was

PorkChopSandwiches
08-12-2018, 03:05 AM
I also watched Extinction

PorkChopSandwiches
08-12-2018, 03:05 AM
And Deadpool 2. I enjoyed it. Don't know what the hate was about

Teh One Who Knocks
08-20-2018, 10:45 AM
https://i.imgur.com/EFIL6A3.jpg

Really liked it, surprised I hadn't watched it before now.

DemonGeminiX
08-20-2018, 06:34 PM
John Goodman was awesome in that.

DemonGeminiX
08-20-2018, 06:35 PM
And Deadpool 2. I enjoyed it. Don't know what the hate was about

What hate? I loved it. It was hilarious.

PorkChopSandwiches
08-20-2018, 06:44 PM
I heard a lot of people saying it was shitty. Realized it was just haters.

Watched Smoking Aces 2 (decent action shoot em up)
Serenity (marathoned Firefly first) I loved the movie

Fodster
09-03-2018, 08:29 AM
Oceans 8
Deadpool 2
Zero Dark Thirty
TAG

PorkChopSandwiches
09-03-2018, 05:52 PM
https://a.ltrbxd.com/resized/sm/upload/qq/yi/i3/dk/aUC39cFC2KO8CJ0EV0ijIJRr3PT-0-230-0-345-crop.jpg?k=ce733c0412

Amazing

deebakes
09-03-2018, 06:42 PM
super troopers 2 :tup:
new tomb raider :meh:
game night :tup:

deebakes
09-03-2018, 06:49 PM
the happytime murders...

https://bloody-disgusting.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/pupet-sex.gif

PorkChopSandwiches
09-03-2018, 07:03 PM
Any good

deebakes
09-03-2018, 08:51 PM
it was pretty terrible, but funny at points too, so i guess i don't know what to tell you :lol:

it's a movie involving melissa mccarthy and muppets including orgies and drugs :shrug:

PorkChopSandwiches
09-05-2018, 04:27 PM
Sounds like I will enjoy it

deebakes
09-06-2018, 01:06 AM
:rofl:

PorkChopSandwiches
09-09-2018, 01:12 AM
31 some Rob Zombie movie that didn't show up here I guess. Gawd im in lust with his wife

DemonGeminiX
09-09-2018, 03:06 AM
Sherry Moon Zombie is pretty freakin' hot.

PorkChopSandwiches
09-10-2018, 04:00 PM
She was especially hot in this movie

http://www.clattoverata.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/sheri-moon-zombie-312.jpg

PorkChopSandwiches
09-15-2018, 02:55 PM
RoboCop marathon all 4 over the last two few days

Goofy
09-15-2018, 03:59 PM
RoboCop marathon all 4 over the last two few days
Dead or alive you're coming with me!

PorkChopSandwiches
09-16-2018, 04:10 PM
Skyscraper
Super believable

deebakes
09-16-2018, 04:45 PM
shitty? :?

PorkChopSandwiches
09-16-2018, 04:55 PM
If you go into it knowing it's over the top then it's fine :)

Muddy
09-17-2018, 01:38 AM
Mr Destiny.. yes a film from 1990

DemonGeminiX
09-17-2018, 04:57 AM
I watch junk from the 80s and 90s all the time. :dunno:

Pony
09-17-2018, 10:27 AM
Solo A Star Wars Story

PorkChopSandwiches
09-17-2018, 04:04 PM
Solo A Star Wars Story

I went in with low expectations because of all the hate I read. I found it enjoyable

PorkChopSandwiches
09-17-2018, 04:05 PM
I watched this garbage :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbE0xc4Trnw

Pony
09-17-2018, 04:55 PM
I went in with low expectations because of all the hate I read. I found it enjoyable

I enjoyed it too.

DemonGeminiX
09-17-2018, 08:51 PM
I didn't think the kid was a very good Han Solo, but the overall story was pretty good.

deebakes
09-18-2018, 02:39 AM
i put it in the middle of star wars stuff personally, at least it wasn't the last jedi shit storm :lol:

DemonGeminiX
09-21-2018, 12:26 AM
I never believed that any Star Wars movie could get worse than any of the prequel trilogy films, but both of the sequel trilogy flicks are definitely worse.

Godfather
09-21-2018, 03:48 AM
I never believed that any Star Wars movie could get worse than any of the prequel trilogy films, but both of the sequel trilogy flicks are definitely worse.

Agreed, the most recent on in particular. I hate the direction they took with Luke's character so much, it makes no sense. The chick has no back story, I dono who the fuck Snoke is still and now he's dead... it's all just stupid.

deebakes
09-22-2018, 12:09 AM
went to boston and back quick:

i, tonya :tup:
ready player one :tup:
infinity war :tup:
won't you be my neighbor? :tup:

DemonGeminiX
10-05-2018, 09:34 AM
As If I Am Not There (2010)

Jesus, this was hard to watch. Heart breaking. If this is what it was really like during the Bosnian War of the 90s, then a whole lot of people are going to hell.

Fodster
10-05-2018, 10:29 AM
Sicario (2) - decent but not enough action!

DemonGeminiX
10-24-2018, 11:39 PM
Venom

Ok, I like Tom Hardy, but this movie was dumb. What a wasted opportunity. I guess I should've figured since Sony was in control of this one. News flash to all studios trying to make Marvel properties into movies without Marvel: Give all of the Marvel shit back to Marvel and just let it go.

deebakes
10-29-2018, 01:34 AM
my oldest and i went to that last weekend... we also weren't so terribly impressed :|

PorkChopSandwiches
10-29-2018, 03:59 PM
Young Guns

deebakes
10-30-2018, 11:43 PM
went to the netherlands, so i watched:

the commuter (pretty alright, basically taken on a train)
red sparrow (decent enough)
oceans 8 (6/10)
tag (7/10)

then i rewatched deadpool 2 and super troopers 2 :tup:

DemonGeminiX
10-31-2018, 03:17 AM
Prince of Darkness ('87)