PDA

View Full Version : Missouri woman sends message to Wall Street

PorkChopSandwiches
08-10-2011, 06:25 PM
KIRKWOOD, Mo. -- A Kirkwood, Mo., mom was so fed up with what's going on in Washington and on Wall Street, that she decided to send a message -- by plane.

http://media.247sports.com/Uploads/Avatars/517/57689.jpg

Lucy Nobbe paid to have a banner made and flown over lower Manhattan on Tuesday. The banner said: "Thanks for the downgrade, you should all be fired."

Nobbe said she was so angry about the way lawmakers argued and bickered over the debt ceiling, that she couldn't get it out of her head.

The single mom and financial broker said she woke up in the middle of the night Sunday with an idea to send a plane flying around Washington with her message to lawmakers. But there was a slight hiccup: There's a no-fly zone around D.C., so she settled on New York instead.

The plane flew for two hours around lower Manhattan -- over Wall Street, downtown New York, the Statue of Liberty and New York Harbor, said Justin Jaye of flysigns.com, the company Nobbe used to fly the banner.

In the process, she generated a lot of buzz online, in the headlines and with her two daughters.

"I thought that is something that I could do that wouldn't cost a million dollars and maybe someone would listen to me," said Nobbe .
"She's very different from other moms, and I'm really proud of her because she does stand up for what she really wants," said Nobbe's daughter, Holly. "And I'm really glad to have a mom like that. "

It cost Nobbe just under $900 to fly the plane around New York, she said. Flysigns.com was so impressed with what she did that they gave her a discount.
"It feels pretty good," Nobbe said. "A lot of times I think those things and I don't do it. And this time I actually did it."

Nobbe hopes lawmakers will see her message and decide to cut their summer breaks short in order to get the country's finances in order.

Southern Belle
08-10-2011, 06:27 PM
Like the lawmakers give a shit about what any of us think.

PorkChopSandwiches
08-10-2011, 06:28 PM
nope

Hal-9000
08-10-2011, 07:08 PM
nice pic PCS...almost rivaling Muddy's new stories :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
08-10-2011, 07:09 PM
:lol: It really does make the story more interesting when he does that

FBD
08-10-2011, 08:55 PM
:lol: