PDA

View Full Version : Woman loses fingers trying to wake boyfriend with fireworks

Teh One Who Knocks
08-10-2011, 09:31 PM
By Karen Voyles - Staff writer

A 36-year-old woman lost three fingers early Sunday when she tried to wake up her boyfriend with fireworks.

The woman and her boyfriend told the Gainesville Police Department that they had been drinking before the incident at the Georgetown apartments. The woman said she was holding a fireworks novelty item in her hand when she lit the fuse. She had been planning to toss the device out the front door, thinking it would make enough noise to wake her boyfriend.

Instead, the device exploded in her hand, tearing off her thumb, middle and ring fingers. The blast was so powerful that police said they found one bone remnant embedded in the ceiling.

The woman was taken to Shands at the University of Florida. Her boyfriend told police he did not realize that the couple had any fireworks left over from the Fourth of July. He also said the woman's actions were out of character.

deebakes
08-10-2011, 09:33 PM
:headbang:

Goofy
08-10-2011, 09:35 PM
And these people are allowed to procreate :facepalm:

deebakes
08-10-2011, 09:36 PM
she didn't blow off her vagina so she still can too! :headbang:

AntZ
08-10-2011, 09:43 PM
http://i.imgur.com/D4JuB.gif

http://i.imgur.com/FzF91.gif

Griffin
08-10-2011, 09:50 PM
After having their 11th child, an Alabama couple decided that was enough, as they could not afford a larger trailer. So the husband went to his veterinarian and told him that he and his cousin didn't want to have any more children.

The doctor told him that there was a procedure called a vasectomy that could fix the problem but that it was expensive. A less costly alternative, said the doctor, was to go home, get a cherry bomb, light it, put it in a beer can, then hold the can up to his ear and count to 10.

The Alabamian said to the doctor, "I may not be the smartest man in the world, but I don't see how putting a cherry bomb in a beer can next to my ear is going to help me".

"Trust me," said the doctor.

So the man went home, lit a cherry bomb and put it in a beer can. He held the can up to his ear and began to count:

"1"

"2"

"3"

"4"

"5"

At which point he paused, placed the beer can between his legs, an resumed counting on his other hand.

This procedure also works in Kentucky, Mississippi,Florida, and West Virginia.