PDA

View Full Version : Cops: Priest groped teen girl while attending church conference

Teh One Who Knocks
08-11-2011, 09:31 PM
By Anne Jungen - La Crosse Tribune

A criminal charge accuses a Wisconsin priest of sexually assaulting a 15-year-old girl this week while he was in La Crosse for a canon law conference.

The Rev. David Szatkowski, 37, of Franklin, Wis., grabbed the teen's breast outside the downtown Radisson late Monday or early Tuesday, according to the complaint filed today in La Crosse County Circuit Court.

She told police a drunken man approached her group of friends and put his arms around her shoulders before groping her, the complaint states. One of her friends snapped a picture of the man on a cell phone.

Two witnesses described the man, who said he was a lawyer, as being "very touchy" before he grabbed the teen when she tried to give him a high five, the complaint states. He retreated to the hotel when the girls confronted him.

A staff member told police a group of people attending a canon law conference for canonists and civil attorneys at the Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe were staying in the hotel. The two-day conference is hosted by Cardinal Raymond Burke and is not associated with the Diocese of La Crosse.

Szatkowski identified himself in the cell phone picture after investigators found him at the conference, according to the complaint.

He told investigators he was staying at the Radisson and had several drinks during the evening. He remembered talking to a group of students for about an hour outside the hotel but denied assaulting the teen, according to the complaint. He refused more
questions without an attorney.

Szatkowski appeared in court Wednesday, where prosecutors charged him with second-degree sexual assault of a child under 16 years of age.

Hal-9000
08-11-2011, 09:40 PM
There should be special addendums to the normal laws for teachers, police officers, social workers and priests...

Oh, you molested a minor? That's 10 years ....PLUS 5 more bonus years! :dance:.... because you're in a position of implied trust :thumbsup:

Muddy
08-11-2011, 09:43 PM
because you're in a position of implied trust :thumbsup:

Yeah that's the part that really disappoints me...

Hal-9000
08-11-2011, 09:48 PM
I don't even have kids man and can't imagine what I'd do if I heard some priest or teacher or cop touched my child..

Muddy
08-11-2011, 09:53 PM
or anyone you trusted, for that matter.

Goofy
08-11-2011, 09:57 PM
I don't even have kids man and can't imagine what I'd do if I heard some priest or teacher or cop touched my child..

If you're anything like me then it would probably involve a really painful death for the asshole who did it

Hal-9000
08-11-2011, 10:01 PM
Check this out....bro and ex wife get divorced, she pulls my niece out of school to go to Disneyland one year.My niece was attacked in an elevator, in their hotel, which is on the Disneyland site itself.

Bro flies down that night, cops tell him that they have a security cam pic of the guy and it's the same guy who touched another little girl previous to this.My bro asks - Why aren't there pictures posted everywhere in the hotel to warn parents and keep the pervert away? Manager says - That would be bad for our business...

I guess the cop in the meeting had to restrain my brother and give him the talk about how parents can't go vigilante on molesters like this because it will hurt his case if the guy is caught.

Parents can't...how about Uncles? :rolleyes: (niece was fondled but nothing further, she started screaming in the elevator and kicked the guy :dance: )
It has affected her to this day.I was asked to attend some of her shrink sessions as she said Uncle hal is the only adult male I feel comfortable around...

guy is still at large after 8 years..

AntZ
08-11-2011, 10:04 PM
There should be special addendums to the normal laws for teachers, police officers, social workers and priests...

Oh, you molested a minor? That's 10 years ....PLUS 5 more bonus years! :dance:.... because you're in a position of implied trust :thumbsup:

Well in this case, he was a stranger to them and identified himself as a lawyer, and according to them was intoxicated. It's a long way from being a youth pastor on a religious retreat, then he molests the teenagers. He's wrong either way, but this was not done in a violation of trust.

Goofy
08-11-2011, 10:05 PM
guy is still at large after 8 years..

and has probably done the same thing to more kids :| Every one of these fuckers should just be killed, why give them a jail term? Thats not gonna change them

Hal-9000
08-11-2011, 10:06 PM
ok let's add lawyers and give the half of the extra penalty :thumbsup:

somewhat implied trust with a lawyer :lol:

Hal-9000
08-11-2011, 10:10 PM
and has probably done the same thing to more kids :| Every one of these fuckers should just be killed, why give them a jail term? Thats not gonna change them

Sometimes people ask me why I get so emotional about crimes against children....right now, my niece still has a problem if someone approaches her from behind or if she's in a room with an adult male alone.....she's very bright, has a good spirit and has taken kickboxing...I can still notice the tiny trepidation she gets in some situations :(

After it happened, I had just been approved for a line of credit, job wasn't going well and I thought I would drive down there and walk around the hotel for a few days...my sister talked me out of it.And yes, if I saw the guy I would have went all Hostel on him and ended his career as a fuckwad.

Goofy
08-11-2011, 10:42 PM
Sometimes people ask me why I get so emotional about crimes against children....right now, my niece still has a problem if someone approaches her from behind or if she's in a room with an adult male alone.....she's very bright, has a good spirit and has taken kickboxing...I can still notice the tiny trepidation she gets in some situations :(

After it happened, I had just been approved for a line of credit, job wasn't going well and I thought I would drive down there and walk around the hotel for a few days...my sister talked me out of it.And yes, if I saw the guy I would have went all Hostel on him and ended his career as a fuckwad.

I'd feel the same way if ever put in that position mate :)