PDA

View Full Version : Mom beats son with cable after discovering he's on Facebook

Teh One Who Knocks
08-15-2011, 01:41 PM
By Jeff Weiner, Orlando Sentinel

http://i.imgur.com/DZrV4.jpg

Police say an Apopka woman, told that her son's Facebook page indicated he might try to hurt himself, beat the boy with a cable because he wasn't supposed to be on the social networking site.

An acquaintance of Althea Ricketts called the 62-year-old mother Friday night, police said, and told Ricketts about a disturbing post the Facebook page of Ricketts' son.

An arrest report states that Ricketts called back and told the woman she'd hit her son and he'd run away from home. He was later found at a friend's home on Try Court with injuries to both arms, police said.

When interviewed by police, the boy, whose name and age were redacted from arresting documents, said his mother had gotten angry and had beaten him with a cable.

A resident of the home where the boy fled told police that he was nervous and crying when he arrived. When asked, Ricketts reportedly told the resident that the boy "deserved everything he got."

Arresting documents state that Ricketts told police the boy had lied to her about having the page, and that she'd become angry and hit him with a computer cable inside their home.

The arresting officer wrote in a report that Ricketts "stated to me that hitting a child with a cable is a common way of disciplining kids where she comes from."

Ricketts was arrested and charged with aggravated child abuse. She was booked into the Orange County Jail, where she was being held without bail on Saturday.

Acid Trip
08-15-2011, 04:02 PM
Good for her. She told him he couldn't have a Facebook page and he clearly broke that rule. Back in the 50-60's she'd be applauded but our stupid as fuck, gotta be politically correct society immediately sees her disciplinary measures as something bad.

How many people here got their ass whooped when they broke curfew cause it's the same thing. A rule is a rule.

Muddy
08-15-2011, 04:15 PM
She ought to WEAR his ASS out when she is released... :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
08-15-2011, 04:21 PM
I have nailed a few people in the back of the legs with some CAT5, its awesome

Hal-9000
08-15-2011, 04:27 PM
wish my Mom would have beat me the day I joined facebook :|

deebakes
08-16-2011, 01:28 AM
seems fair :-k

DemonGeminiX
08-16-2011, 01:42 AM
My mom used to hit me with a spatula... I turned out f-f-f-f-f-f-fi-i-i-i-i-n-n-n--n-n-ne.

:imok:

deebakes
08-16-2011, 01:44 AM
My mom used to hit me with a spatula... I turned out f-f-f-f-f-f-fi-i-i-i-i-n-n-n--n-n-ne.

:imok:

you too? :shock: i thought i was the only naughty, naughty boy :shock:

DemonGeminiX
08-16-2011, 01:55 AM
Absolutely, when she wasn't trying to throw the phone or something else at me, it was the spatula.

I loved growing up with a half-Italian mother.

:tup:

deebakes
08-16-2011, 01:59 AM
Absolutely, when she wasn't trying to throw the phone or something else at me, it was the spatula.

:tup:

THAT explains your love for the jersey shore and snooki :shock:

DemonGeminiX
08-16-2011, 02:02 AM
THAT explains your love for the jersey shore and snooki :shock:

:-s

No. Actually, I've never stooped so low as to watch that piece of shit show and I absolutely hate that little non-Italian troll... along with her douchebag castmates.

deebakes
08-16-2011, 02:05 AM
:huh:

DemonGeminiX
08-16-2011, 02:09 AM
You're thinking of godfather. He wastes his time and brain cells on that crappy tv show.

deebakes
08-16-2011, 02:10 AM
:huh:

DemonGeminiX
08-16-2011, 02:13 AM
:-s

Griffin
08-16-2011, 02:17 AM

no shit!
...A true Italian would have used a panini press.

DemonGeminiX
08-16-2011, 02:18 AM
:wha:

That would hurt.