PDA

View Full Version : NBC casts Wonder Woman! 'Friday Night Lights' star lands coveted role

Teh One Who Knocks
02-17-2011, 11:34 AM
by James Hibberd - Entertainment Weekly

http://i.imgur.com/WYULl.jpg

NBC has found its Wonder Woman!

Friday Night Lights star Adrianne Palicki has landed the coveted lead role in the broadcaster’s reboot of the classic 1970s series.

In addition to having won praise for her performance on FNL, Palicki looks, well… spot-on perfect for the part, yes?

Wonder Woman is being remade by Boston Legal writer David E. Kelley, who has incorporated the superhero’s signature lasso, cuffs, and plane in the script. The script is a serious, non-campy take on the DC Comics character that pays homage to TV’s original WW Lynda Carter, but it should satiate those fans of Kelley’s memorable soapbox moments his legal dramas: At one point, Diana gives a speech on Capitol Hill.

For years, various writers and producers (including Joss Whedon) have tried to bring back Wonder Woman and the character has proved difficult to resurrect. But NBC is all about taking big swings next fall under new entertainment chief Robert Greenblatt, who’s greenlit high-concept pilots such as 17th Precinct (cops solve crimes in magical world) and Playboy (lives of Playboy bunnies in the 1960s).

Palicki will star in the upcoming feature-film remake of Red Dawn, and also starred in the horror film Breaking the Girl and most recently in Fox’s short-lived series Lone Star.

Here’s the official Wonder Woman description:

The series pilot is a reinvention of the iconic DC Comics title in which Wonder Woman — a.k.a. Diana Prince — is a vigilante crime fighter in Los Angeles but also a successful corporate executive and a modern woman trying to balance all of the elements of her extraordinary life. Kelley and Bill D’Elia (Boston Legal, The Practice) are the executive producers. The pilot was written by Kelley and will be directed by Jeffrey Reiner (NBC’s The Event). Wonder Woman is from David E. Kelley Productions and Warner Bros. Television.

fricnjay
02-17-2011, 04:00 PM
She does look the part. :-k

PorkChopSandwiches
02-17-2011, 04:01 PM
Sweet

Noilly Pratt
02-17-2011, 04:28 PM
This could be good...http://i55.tinypic.com/kagx2h.jpg

Hal-9000
02-17-2011, 06:59 PM
Palicki was Sam's girlfriend on Supernatural....until she got flamed by a demon.

I don't think she looks the part at all and has one of those THINGS in between her eyes like Shakira...hideous!

Teh One Who Knocks
02-17-2011, 07:36 PM
She's hot :slap:

Yt Trash
02-17-2011, 08:47 PM
She was slutty on FNL....Not that it was a bad thing!

Teh One Who Knocks
02-17-2011, 09:10 PM
She has big boobies :tup:

Hal-9000
02-18-2011, 12:16 AM
She's hot :slap:

yeah I was just joshing, she is attractive... I wish they would have gotten someone like Jennifer Connelly tho...a little older, more brunette...more Wonder Womanish

Hal-9000
02-18-2011, 12:17 AM
She has big boobies :tup:

big boobies = better actress :thumbsup:

Teh One Who Knocks
02-18-2011, 12:19 AM
yeah I was just joshing, she is attractive... I wish they would have gotten someone like Jennifer Connelly tho...a little older, more brunette...more Wonder Womanish

I dunno if they could have gone that old....Wonder Woman was always portrayed as younger, not older :-k

Hal-9000
02-18-2011, 12:49 AM
A 30 yr old version of Jennifer.From what I've read, Wonder Woman is an older milf type..not a younger girl.

In any case I hope there's a sex scene with her manhandling some regular dude :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
02-18-2011, 12:54 AM
I'd let her manhandle me 8-[

Hal-9000
02-18-2011, 12:58 AM
I just want to see one significant other of a super hero....get rogered soooo bad
that they have to spend time in the hospital because of the sex :lol:

PapaZ
02-18-2011, 12:26 PM
Palicki I don't think she looks the part at all and has one of those THINGS in between her eyes like Shakira...hideous!

Summer Glau had that thing above her eyebrow removed so it's possible Adrianne could do it, too.

fricnjay
02-18-2011, 04:48 PM
I think Emily Deschanel would had made a perfect Wonder Woman.

PapaZ
02-18-2011, 06:01 PM
I've got a couple scans of the Bones episode where she was dressed as WW... and you are correct, sir! :thumbsup: