PDA

View Full Version : Woman can't find remote, calls police

Teh One Who Knocks
08-16-2011, 12:51 PM
Written by Nick McGurk - 9 News Colorado

GREELEY - A Greeley woman called police after she couldn't find her television remote control - and they showed up to help her look for it.

It happened on July 27, when the woman - who doesn't want to be identified - told police she thought she'd been burglarized. The missing item? Just one: her remote control.

"I don't like to misplace things, I like to know where everything is," she said. "I want to have a place for everything and I want everything in its place."

On that day in July, the woman said she just couldn't find her remote control.

"I was very frustrated," she said.

So she called police, and an officer from the Greeley Police Department arrived at her home.

"I told them, 'I'm not a well-to-do person.' I said, 'Why would someone take a remote or, steal it?'" she said.

At first, the woman says they didn't find the remote.

But she did find herself in the police blotter. Then, this last weekend, on a National Public Radio trivia show called "Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!" the moderator was heard saying this: "Police in Greeley, Colorado, were called out to a residence after a woman reported that her 'blank' had been stolen."

"Her statuette... of Brier Rabbit?" the contestant asked.

"Her TV remote," the moderator said and the crowd laughed. "They found it," he added.

Sure enough, the woman in Greeley did find it in her kitchen drawer.

"The place where I would never have thought it would be, that's where I found it, but you know I just would never have put it there," she said.

So to this day, the woman says she thinks somebody else was in her home.

"I would probably do it again, yes," she said about calling the police.

The woman says that she suspects other things have been taken from her home, and she felt the remote was the last straw. Police say that because she had reported a burglary, they did check out her home.

Joebob034
08-16-2011, 01:44 PM
sounds like she's really old