PDA

View Full Version : Abercrombie and Fitch Will Pay Situation to Stop Wearing Its Clothes

Teh One Who Knocks
08-17-2011, 03:59 PM
Us Weekly

http://i.imgur.com/Wc6AL.jpg

GTL...but no A and F!

Abercrombie and Fitch has a bad, bad Situation on its hands.

The clothing company (famous for its ads of nearly naked hunks) is worried that Jersey Shore star Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino has been wearing its wares out and about. So worried, in fact, that they're willing to pay Sorrentino, 29 -- plus his Jersey Shore castmates -- a "substantial" amount of cash to cease and desist rocking A and F gear in public.

"We are deeply concerned that Mr. Sorrentino's association with our brand could cause significant damage to our image," the company said in a press release Tuesday (via CNN).

"We understand that the show is for entertainment purposes, but believe this association is contrary to the aspirational nature of our brand, and may be distressing to many of our fans," the statement continued.

"We have therefore offered a substantial payment to Michael 'The Situation' Sorrentino and the producers of MTV's The Jersey Shore to have the character wear an alternate brand. We have also extended this offer to other members of the cast, and are urgently waiting a response."

No word yet on The Situation's response -- or how "substantial" the company's offer is.

Loser
08-17-2011, 04:11 PM
You know you're a douche when.......

:lol:

RBP
08-17-2011, 04:27 PM
You know you're a douche when.......

:lol:

:lol: exactly

Muddy
08-17-2011, 05:45 PM
HAhahaha @ the OP..

PorkChopSandwiches
08-17-2011, 05:50 PM
As he laughs all the way to the bank :(

DemonGeminiX
08-17-2011, 10:31 PM
I saw this earlier this morning. Made me laugh then too.

JoeyB
08-17-2011, 11:02 PM
Clearly, all they need to do is identify the most upscale clothing lines around, start wearing them, and really rake in the cash.

Teh One Who Knocks
08-18-2011, 05:04 PM
Jersey Shore Boys Slam Abercrombie & Fitch
Us Weekly

http://i.imgur.com/Kv2J3.jpg

The Jersey Shore cast is getting the last laugh.

In what looked like a bizarre publicity stunt, clothing retailer Abercrombie & Fitch offered money to the motley crew cast of MTV's hit reality show to stop wearing their clothes. But it looks like their plan backfired.

CNN reports that the company's stock plummeted in the hours following the announcement, finally closing at 8% lower for the day on Wednesday.

Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino lavished in the news, turning to Twitter to take some potshots at the brand. "Looks like Abercrombie got themself into a Situation!" he tweeted along with a link to the CNN Money article. But he took a decidedly high road when he focused more on thanking his fans and MTV for standing up for him. "Thanks #SituationNation for always having my back and you are the best fans in the world! I love you guys!"

Paul " DJ Pauly D" DelVecchio also couldn't resist calling the brand out, tweeting, "Hmmm if They Don't Want Us To Wear Those Clothes Why Make GTL Shirts #yourPRsux," alongside a photo of an A&F shirt bearing the Jersey Shore-coined slogan.

Vinny Guadagnino chimed into the discussion, starting a hashtag "#lasttimeiworeabercrombie," which quickly became a trending topic. He joked, "#lasttimeIworeabercrombie there were still stores in NY to buy it at."

Hal-9000
08-18-2011, 05:20 PM
the company are being idiots....they have a GTL line and another associated with the Situation guy...
then they say - we don't want you associated with our line.

Does he get a percentage of past sales when the labels brought people into the store?

SmoothBob
08-18-2011, 06:12 PM
Ach just feckin shoot em all..