PDA

View Full Version : Kelly Preston: Scientology Helped Me Overcome Son Jett's Death

Teh One Who Knocks
08-17-2011, 06:02 PM
Us Weekly

http://i.imgur.com/H5Jvj.jpg

Two years ago, Kelly Preston was struggling to make sense of the sudden death of her 16-year-old son Jett, who lost his life due to a seizure in January 2009.

The actress, now 48, credits her religion for getting her through the toughest period of her life. "To be honest, [it was] the Scientology Center," Preston tells Health magazine's September issue. "I don't know if I would have made it through without it."

(Preston and her husband, John Travolta, have been Scientologists for more than two decades.)

The experience taught Preston a valuable lesson. "Don't sweat the small things. Love your kids like it could be the last moment."

After a painful two years, the family (including daughter Ella Bleu, 11) finally received some happy news when baby Benjamin Hunter Kaleo was born in November 2010.

"We [had been trying] for quite a few years," Preston tells Health. "When I found out I was pregnant, I was floored. I'd snuck out of bed and then came back and woke Johnny up in bed. We both started crying. It was wonderful."

Motherhood, Preston says, is the single most important role she's ever tackled. "I've always wanted to be a mother, ever since I was 11. I was doing commercials for thousands of dollars, but I'd still babysit for $3 an hour just because I loved it."

AntZ
08-17-2011, 06:27 PM
How about that! :cheerlead:

It was the demented fantasy teachings of the corrupt Scientology that caused the kids death!!! At least those brain washing fuckheads can help her get over it, her and John pay them enough! :roll:

Hal-9000
08-17-2011, 06:53 PM

It was the demented fantasy teachings of the corrupt Scientology that caused the kids death!!! At least those brain washing fuckheads can help her get over it, her and John pay them enough! :roll:

Is that true? Their belief in Scientology caused the child's death?

whoa

Loser
08-17-2011, 06:59 PM
Is that true? Their belief in Scientology caused the child's death?

whoa

They ignored medical attention for his seizures and autism because of their beliefs in scientology, from what I've read anyways.

PorkChopSandwiches
08-17-2011, 07:11 PM

Same thing I was thinking, what tools

Hal-9000
08-17-2011, 07:15 PM
They ignored medical attention for his seizures and autism because of their beliefs in scientology, from what I've read anyways.

Holy Jehovah's witness!

Muddy
08-17-2011, 08:10 PM

I heard this also.

PorkChopSandwiches
08-17-2011, 08:14 PM
Critics of Scientology suggested yesterday that Jett may have been suffering from autism, a condition that the church does not recognise because it considers mental illness to be psychosomatic and argues that it should be treated through spiritual healing.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article5454720.ece

:roll:

Muddy
08-17-2011, 08:18 PM
Kluato approves.

PorkChopSandwiches
08-17-2011, 08:19 PM
Kluato approves.

Whats that mean?

Muddy
08-17-2011, 08:40 PM
Sorry Klaatu..

http://origin.arstechnica.com/articles/culture/klaatu-barada-nikto.media/gort-klaatu.jpg

AntZ
08-17-2011, 09:23 PM
They painted themselves into a corner when the kid died! It was widely reported for years that his condition was being treated through the teachings of the cult. The cult dictates NO DRUGS for anything related to mental conditions of any type. After Jett's death, watchdogs that follow the cult closely quickly brought all their interviews and previous statements forward and then accused the Travolta's of child abuse and gross negligence! The shit hit the fan! They went crazy and accused the critics of fabricating facts and exploiting the kids death in order to attack the wonderful "church". The Hollywood and Scientology spin machines went into the defense and sympathy mode. But then the media didn't buy it, because based on their words, they had neglected treatment for the kid! When the media started asking questions, they did an about face and said OF COURSE they had Jett on drugs! But that just proves Scientology is a fraud because it's all based on the destruction of the whole mental health medical field and replacement with L.Ron Hubbard's teachings. Their admissions were just enough to quite the media and social workers, but many people believe it was a lie! But then the subject was quickly closed to any further questions, and the story died like ALL other stories related to the cult.

The actress, now 48, credits her religion for getting her through the toughest period of her life. "To be honest, [it was] the Scientology Center," Preston tells Health magazine's September issue. "I don't know if I would have made it through without it."

Now, fast forward a couple years, they start a new PR campaign of fluff and bullshit in a woman's rag. No one will recall that it was their bullshit that caused the kids death. Now it's the healing and courage of grieving parents from the powerful message of Scientology! :rolleyes:

JoeyB
08-17-2011, 09:37 PM
Everyone is entitled to believe as they wish, here in America anyway. It's one of the fundamental principles of our society and we should respect that.

Loser
08-17-2011, 09:40 PM
I'm starting a religion where I believe that the font color on the internet should ONLY be black. :nana:

Teh One Who Knocks
08-17-2011, 09:48 PM
Everyone is entitled to believe as they wish, here in America anyway. It's one of the fundamental principles of our society and we should respect that.

So it should be okay to believe in something that contributes to the death of a minor child, when that death didn't need to occur? And then publicly act all distraught over it when it all could have been prevented?

AntZ
08-17-2011, 10:02 PM

Interesting!

Weren't you the one that wrote some rather nasty words directed at the family with 19 kids and their beliefs, over at AS. when the last kid was born? :-k

It's nice to see that your beliefs have changed! :rolleyes:

DemonGeminiX
08-17-2011, 10:28 PM
This thread needs a clambake.

Teh One Who Knocks
08-17-2011, 10:36 PM
This thread needs a clambake.

http://i.imgur.com/jPKjp.jpg

Hal-9000
08-17-2011, 10:40 PM
I can only say one thing...

If my child needed medical attention they would get it.If a person has a treatable condition, it is not part of God's plan that they die.

IMO

minz
08-17-2011, 10:41 PM
So how come they were never charged with causing his death by neglect?

DemonGeminiX
08-17-2011, 10:48 PM

Money talks.

Southern Belle
08-17-2011, 10:52 PM
Sadly,there are Christian cults that don't believe in using drugs for treatment.
That wouldn't stop me from getting the best care for my child that I could find. Which is telling in the fact that they could approve the best health care money could buy.

JoeyB
08-17-2011, 10:52 PM
I'm starting a religion where I believe that the font color on the internet should ONLY be black. :nana:

That's racist. It's African-American font.

So it should be okay to believe in something that contributes to the death of a minor child, when that death didn't need to occur? And then publicly act all distraught over it when it all could have been prevented?

Lance, this is a massive issue that I cannot address in brevity, nor will I address it when the question posed is so obviously coming from anger and not reason. Don't take that the wrong way.

Interesting!

Weren't you the one that wrote some rather nasty words directed at the family with 19 kids and their beliefs, over at AS. when the last kid was born? :-k

It's nice to see that your beliefs have changed! :rolleyes:

My beliefs have not changed. They are entitled to believe as they wish, and I believe they are wrong and potentially dangerous. This thread had no counter balance, I presented it, when a discussion of the Duggers turned fawning and flowery, I was pointing out a dark side. Whats the problem here Antz, other than that I have obviously become your pet project.

Teh One Who Knocks
08-17-2011, 11:01 PM
Lance, this is a massive issue that I cannot address in brevity, nor will I address it when the question posed is so obviously coming from anger and not reason. Don't take that the wrong way.

Seems to be a pretty simple question to me, and it was a serious question not posed out of any anger at all. Either you believe it's okay to let your minor child in your care die from something treatable because of something you choose to believe in, or you don't. No grey area at all.

Your decision not to answer is an answer in itself. That's enough for me. :)

JoeyB
08-17-2011, 11:09 PM
Seems to be a pretty simple question to me, and it was a serious question not posed out of any anger at all. Either you believe it's okay to let your minor child in your care die from something treatable because of something you choose to believe in, or you don't. No grey area at all.

Your decision not to answer is an answer in itself. That's enough for me. :)

You interpret it as an answer, but it was not. It's a remarkably complicated issue Lance, not one nearly as clear cut as you treat it. One that has ties to religious freedom, personal freedom, and freedom to determine what is and is not the best health care options. It also slams right up against the debate over who should determine what is best for a child, government or the parent. Blind adherence to modern medicine is a problem in itself, when modern medicine is nearly or sometimes more toxic than the disorders being treated. Once you force religious freedom away, you also condemn people to blindly accept anything medical that is current and fashionable. These are the tip of the iceberg issues that make this topic basically impossible to answer in a single post on a forum, and I will not take the hours involved (literally) to answer it properly when I sincerely believe that there is no point in doing so. You've clearly made your mind up, not only as to a general answer but as to the clear-cut nature of the issue, and I will not waste my day tilting at your windmills.

I will say, consider what I've said about those tip-of-the-iceberg points, and see how each unfolds into countless dilemmas and view points, and perhaps you'll see how complicated this is for yourself.

Hal-9000
08-17-2011, 11:20 PM

Money talks.

And there's a stipulation in the law that says the parent or guardian of a minor can refuse medical aid due to religion.

minz
08-17-2011, 11:22 PM
And there's a stipulation in the law that says the parent or guardian of a minor can refuse medical aid due to religion.

Over here the courts will intervene if the patient is under 16.