PDA

View Full Version : David Letterman Marked for Death on Extremist Website

Teh One Who Knocks
08-18-2011, 12:05 AM
by Natalie Finn - E! Online

http://i.imgur.com/lqim0.jpg

Attempted extortion all of a sudden doesn't sound so bad anymore.

David Letterman was the target of a death threat in a violently worded post that popped up on an extremist networking site frequented by al-Qaida, according to SITE Intelligence Group, a private company that trolls the web for possible terrorist activity.

The call to "cut the tongue of this lowly Jew and shut it forever" apparently came after Letterman—who, for the record, is not Jewish—cracked a joke on Late Show perceived as offensive to Islam.

"He showed his evil nature and deep hatred for Islam and Muslims, and said that Ilyas Kashmiri was killed and he joined bin Laden," the poster, identified as Umar al-Basrawi, wrote on the site. "We ask Allah to paralyze his tongue and grant the sincere monotheists his neck."

A SITE analyst described the Shumukh-al-Islam website as a "clearing house for al-Qaida material" and told EW.com that they perceived the diatribe against Letterman as "a more explicit threat" than the one aimed at South Park creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone after they depicted the prophet Muhammad over the course of two episodes in 2009.

Zachary Chesser, a college dropout from Virginia who had tried to hitch his apple cart to a Somalian terrorist organization, had warned Parker and Stone that they would end up like director Theo Van Gogh, who was shot to death by an Islamic extremist in the Netherlands.

Chesser was ultimately sentenced to 25 years in prison after pleading guilty to supporting a terrorist group, communicating threats and soliciting crimes of violence—all technically unrelated to the South Park stuff.

A rep for Letterman's Worldwide Pants production company respectfully declined to comment, but SITE is advising the funnyman to be on his guard and take the same precautions as he would if he were evading a stalker.

DemonGeminiX
08-18-2011, 12:19 AM
I wonder if Letterman's gonna say anything about it tonight?

:-k

Hal-9000
08-18-2011, 01:13 AM
cracked a joke...

"He showed his evil nature and deep hatred for Islam and Muslims..."

:doh: I remember back around 1282..3 the same shit was happening.People uttered 'horrible' slights against Allah and tongues are being cut out and people getting lit on fire...sad really

Teh One Who Knocks
08-18-2011, 01:21 AM
cracked a joke...

"He showed his evil nature and deep hatred for Islam and Muslims..."

:doh: I remember back around 1282..3 the same shit was happening.People uttered 'horrible' slights against Allah and tongues are being cut out and people getting lit on fire...sad really

http://i.imgur.com/2YvKh.png

Hal-9000
08-18-2011, 01:29 AM
honestly...using a religion as an excuse to focus on oral or written comments of opinion and saying - that person must die in the name of Allah, Buddha, Jesus, Jim Jones....whatever..it's soooo old school

can't we just torch all these people making the threats?

Teh One Who Knocks
08-18-2011, 01:42 AM
http://i.imgur.com/aXw7H.jpg

Hal-9000
08-18-2011, 01:52 AM
and that's the sad part...if there is an almighty Allah or God...he's looking down and crying because some of his followers are like the boneheads above :(

DemonGeminiX
08-18-2011, 02:10 AM
:doh: I remember back around 1282..3

:-s

Were the chicks hot back then?

Hal-9000
08-18-2011, 02:18 AM
:-s

Were the chicks hot back then?

Not really :| It's not like the movies.If you found one with over 10 teeth and less than 3 intimate body diseases...they'd pretty much make her Queen.

and body hair? Holy Rapunzel it was like sleeping with silver back gorillas

DemonGeminiX
08-18-2011, 02:24 AM

Are they dead in the sack?

8-[

Hal-9000
08-18-2011, 02:37 AM
no pretty lively actually...no one had toothbrushes or deodorant so rather than intimate kissing and licking
it was more like kicking, gouging and spitting...with a fair amount of profanity thrown in for good measure :thumbsup:

DemonGeminiX
08-18-2011, 02:48 AM
Damn you for not going along with my necrophilia joke.

[-(

Hal-9000
08-18-2011, 02:51 AM
:hand: I exorcised myself shortly after arriving home from work.You are no longer in my head.

I did see the necrophilia handwriting on the wall....

perhaps if I changed my font? :lol:

DemonGeminiX
08-18-2011, 02:52 AM
I guess it's too late to ask if any of the women were stiff in bed?

Hal-9000
08-18-2011, 03:25 AM
You learn things...in that era you never asked to give or receive head..

lepers you know :|

DemonGeminiX
08-18-2011, 03:27 AM
You know, your cheek strangely feels like a v...

8-[

Godfather
08-18-2011, 05:03 AM
Jimmy Fallon is way better now anyways

AntZ
08-18-2011, 09:19 AM
and that's the sad part...if there is an almighty Allah or God...he's looking down and crying because some of his followers are like the boneheads above :(

Especially if the prophet leading them is known for wearing a bomb on his head!

http://i.imgur.com/rDYHG.jpg

Joebob034
08-18-2011, 02:32 PM
religion of peace :roll:

SmoothBob
08-18-2011, 05:29 PM
Is a shame u mention Islam and these kinda 'extremist' stories are what comes to mind..

There really is no hope for us as a species..

Teh One Who Knocks
08-23-2011, 11:11 AM
David Letterman mocks jihadist threat in monologue, Top 10 list
by Sandra Gonzalez - Entertainment Weekly

http://i.imgur.com/PGVgI.jpg

David Letterman can’t be too worried about the jihadist threats made against him last week — because he seems to be having a pretty good time laughing about them. And if anything, he likely pushed a few more buttons Monday night.

Most of Letterman’s Monday night monologue and his Top 10 list were dedicated to addressing the threats against him that posted last week on a website frequently utilized by Al-Qaeda to communicate messages. “You people, to me, are more than an audience; you’re more like a human shield,” Letterman began. “I’m so sorry I’m a little late coming out. Backstage, I was talking to a guy from CBS, we were going through the CBS life insurance policy to see if I was covered for jihad.”

As for the threats themselves, Letterman joked that this wasn’t his first time, saying: “I wish I had a nickel for every time a guy has threatened to cut my tongue out. I think the first time was at the Academy Awards — during the Academy Awards.”

“Everybody’s so sensitive,” Letterman added, before digging his teeth back into the material that seemingly got him into hot water in the first place. “But I’ll tell you, Bin Laden, when they killed him, he’d been locked in his house with six wives for three years. So when the SEALS walked in he said, ‘Just shoot me.’”

“I was looking at the documents earlier today — I don’t know if you’re aware of this — when he was assassinated, Bin Laden, was late arriving in hell. Did you know that? He had to go through Newark. [And] there was a clerical error when he arrived in the afterlife. He was met by 72 vegans.”

Below is the top ten list Letterman presented, titled “Top 10 thoughts went through my mind after hearing about the threat”:

10. “Someone wants to silence me? Get in line.”
9. “Nothing says summer fun like a death threat”
8. “Why is the staff in such a good mood?”
7. “Save me, Oprah.”
6. “Should I wear my Kevlar hairpiece?”
5. “And here I thought nobody watched the show?”
4. “How can someone be so angry at a time when Kim Kardashian is so happy?”
3. “Some people get Emmy nominations; some people get death threats.”
2. “This seems like Leno’s handiwork.”
1. “Oh my God! They cancelled the George Lopez Show!”

DemonGeminiX
08-23-2011, 12:40 PM