PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland Rapper Machine Gun Kelly Arrested at Flash Mob Event

AntZ
08-21-2011, 11:40 AM
Cleveland Rapper Machine Gun Kelly Arrested at Flash Mob Event

Published August 21, 2011 | NewsCore

Cleveland rapper Machine Gun Kelly was charged with disorderly conduct in Strongsville, Ohio, Saturday night after he attended a shopping center flash mob he had organized via social media, The Plain Dealer reported.

Hundreds of people attended the event at SouthPark Centre in Strongsville, about 20 miles (32km) south of Cleveland, after the rapper -- whose real name is Colson Baker -- invited fans to gather there at 5:00pm for a performance, posting on twitter, "Today we flash mob NO MATTER WHAT! 5pm at SouthPark mall in the foodcourt, wear disguises, dont move to you hear 'Cleveland' play then RAGE!"

Amid chaotic scenes, shown in video posted on YouTube, Strongsville police arrested a shirtless Baker when he refused to get off a table. He was later charged with misdemeanor disorderly conduct.

The charges, however, did not appear to faze the 21-year-old rapper, who signed with major hip-hop label Bad Boy records earlier this month.

After being released Saturday night, he posted on Facebook, "If havin fun with my fans and bringin the rage back to my hometown means I have to be arrested...then keep pullin the cuffs out."

Saturday's incident comes just days after the Cleveland city council voted to uphold Mayor Frank Jackson's veto of a flash mob ordinance.

The proposed law would have made it illegal to promote flash mobs using social media or cell phones.