PDA

View Full Version : Ah, Brotherly Love—Liam Gallagher Suing Noel Gallagher

Teh One Who Knocks
08-23-2011, 12:18 AM
by Peter Gicas - E! Online

http://i.imgur.com/DEH22.jpg

Liam Gallagher is not only looking back in anger, he's looking for an apology, too.

And, no, it has nothing to do with the fact that his brother, Noel Gallagher, didn't invite him to his wedding.

Rather, the onetime lead singer of Oasis is—surprise, surprise—suing his older sibling and former bandmate over recent comments Noel made about the group's eventual demise in 2009.

"I have taken legal action against Noel Gallagher for statements he made claiming Oasis pulled out of the 2009 V Festival Chelmsford gig because I had a hangover," Liam, 38, said in a statement. "That is a lie and I want Oasis fans and others who were at V to know the truth."

Liam insists he had laryngitis, which had been diagnosed by a doctor, and that Noel, 44, was very much aware of it.

What's more, Liam is also upset over another comment Noel made during the same July 6 press conference where he made the "hangover" allegation.

"Noel also falsely stated that the demise of Oasis followed a massive row in which he claimed I demanded to advertise my clothing range Pretty Green in the Oasis tour program," Liam said in the same statement. "The truth is there was no such discussion or row between us. There are many reasons why Oasis split. But it had nothing do with my clothing range."

And Liam wants folks to know this lawsuit has nothing to do with money.

"I have tried to resolve this amicably, but have been left with no choice but legal action," added Liam. "All I want is an apology."

SmoothBob
08-23-2011, 12:23 AM
I read this a few days ago, is all publicity for Liam's band and Noel's new album..

That said im actually lookin forward tae Noel's solo effort! :tup:

deebakes
08-23-2011, 01:21 AM
who the fuck cares? oasis was trash anyways...

SmoothBob
08-23-2011, 01:22 AM

1st album was very good and they def got a few other classic numbers..

deebakes
08-23-2011, 01:27 AM
i received "what's the story morning glory" as a gift and still have it wrapped in plastic... has been for 15+ years now, the only place it should be :tup:

JoeyB
08-23-2011, 04:44 AM
Eyebrows~!!

DemonGeminiX
08-23-2011, 06:11 AM

I agree. They sucked. The only thing you can say they were really good at was having a high opinion of themselves.

Joebob034
08-23-2011, 03:28 PM

Most overrated band of all time

Teh One Who Knocks
08-23-2011, 03:38 PM

I agree. They sucked. The only thing you can say they were really good at was having a high opinion of themselves.

Most overrated band of all time

http://www.old-wizard.com/top-10-reasons-oasis-is-better-than-the-beatles

:nono:

samarchepas
08-23-2011, 03:45 PM

around 150 comments disagree with the article itself :lol:

Joebob034
08-23-2011, 05:04 PM

i like the #1 reason

Hal-9000
08-23-2011, 06:22 PM
I think they could have made it....the first album had some good stuff on it and they completely blew a chance others only dream of

too bad, so sad..NEXT!

Hal-9000
08-23-2011, 06:23 PM
Eyebrows~!!

no shit eh? :lol: The Unibrow bros.

Goofy
08-23-2011, 06:35 PM
I think they could have made it....the first album had some good stuff on it and they completely blew a chance others only dream of

too bad, so sad..NEXT!

Yeah, they only made tens of millions of pounds, played to sold out stadiums all over the world and sold about 50m albums.......... suppose they could have made it right enough :lol:

Hal-9000
08-23-2011, 06:55 PM
Yeah, they only made tens of millions of pounds, played to sold out stadiums all over the world and sold about 50m albums.......... suppose they could have made it right enough :lol:

What I mean it that they could have had longevity in the industry...if they would have stopped saying and thinking they're the next best thing.In-fighting broke the band up, not lack of creativity or other issues...

Goofy
08-23-2011, 07:28 PM
Personally i don't care too much for them, they were a good band to see live though (seen them at T in the Park) - couple of decent albums but their latter stuff was absolute shite :) The first single ive heard from Noel's new album is crap too......... and Liam's band is just a Beatles tribute act :)

Hal-9000
08-23-2011, 07:30 PM
It really shows what true rock bands like the Stones and The Who have accomplished.Not just the huge catalog of music they've created....it's the sheer feat of staying together for decades to do it :lol:

Goofy
08-23-2011, 07:32 PM
Aint that the truth :lol:

Hal-9000
08-23-2011, 07:57 PM
that's why I said that about Liam and Noel...I like some of their music and they had it by the tail.Only to be ruined by squabbling and egos.

fookin numpties

Goofy
08-23-2011, 08:00 PM
Thats why i replied with "They've already made their millions" although not in those exact words :P

Hal-9000
08-23-2011, 08:03 PM
Thats why i replied with "They've already made their millions" although not in those exact words :P

Yes but other bands have made millions off of their 1 or 2 moments in the sun, only to be working at the Burger Barn a couple of years later :slap:

so just.....just....shut up you big poop head! :x

(burned him good there :thumbsup:)

JoeyB
08-23-2011, 09:58 PM
no shit eh? :lol: The Unibrow bros.

I can't even debate these guys. To me, it's the eyebrows, full stop. Freaking me out...