PDA

View Full Version : Jeb Bush: 'You can't just be against the president'

Teh One Who Knocks
08-25-2011, 11:54 AM
By: CNN's Megan Dougherty

http://i.imgur.com/GZrGH.jpg

(CNN) - Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush offered advice to 2012 Republican hopefuls: bashing President Barack Obama is not enough to win on the campaign trail.

"I hope that the Republican candidates, when they are offering their solutions, it's good to be critical of the president, I think the president means well, but his policies have failed," Bush said on Fox News. "And to point that out, nothing wrong with that. That is politics. But just to stop there and say, 'Well, I'm going to win because I am against what is going on' is not enough."

When asked by Fox News Host Neil Cavuto if some in his party overdo their criticism of Obama, Bush said, "I do. I think, when you start ascribing bad motives to the guy, I think that is wrong. It turns off a bunch of people that want solutions."

Bush also suggested candidates not shy away from their conservative views.

"I would humbly suggest to you that being a conservative is not necessarily a bad thing. But if you are a conservative, you have to persuade. You have to defend a position. You can't just be against the president," Bush said.

"And that's the big test."

So behind whom will he throw his support?

"I'm neutral in the presidential race, but I'm an admirer of Governor Romney's," Bush said, while noting he is looking forward to the unveiling of Romney's jobs agenda in September.

Bush was also quick to deny any rift between his family and Texas Gov. Rick Perry. Perry served as former President George W. Bush's lieutenant governor while Bush was governor of Texas.

"I have never heard anybody in my family say anything but good things about Rick Perry," Bush said. "I admire him. And I think Texas has got a great story. And he can legitimately talk about that story as a candidate for president."

Noting "it's too early to be dissatisfied with the candidates," Bush addressed those who are labeled unelectable.

"You know, I like Jon Huntsman a lot. And I think his voice should be heard. And we need to be a broad party with divergent points-of-view. That's fine," Bush said. "But Ronald Reagan was a conservative. And everybody said the exact same thing about him, that he couldn't win, that there is no way, and he was unelectable. The pundits typically get these things wrong."

No matter the candidate, Bush said he would support his party all the way to the White House.

"I'm going support the Republican nominee," Bush said. "I believe that the Republican candidate will win. And I'm looking forward to that."

redred
08-25-2011, 11:56 AM
bashing President Barack Obama is not enough to win on the campaign trail.

yes it is[-(

:lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
08-25-2011, 12:13 PM
By reading most things at the place you sure would swear it was ;)

redred
08-25-2011, 12:26 PM
i don't like him he smells of wee

FBD
08-25-2011, 04:57 PM
ah sweet muddling of contexts. CNN reports a bush saying "you cant just be against the president" when the full context really says something else, namely "not if you want to win"....

...because there's a whole shitload of people against the president and his policies and his supporters. common sense says that's not quite enough to be prez, eh? :lol:

somebody should put it the other way and tell Obama and the democrats "you cant just win on racism" :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
08-25-2011, 05:08 PM
http://afnizarmohd.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/racist.jpg