PDA

View Full Version : Jaime Pressly Avoids Jail Sentence in DUI Case

Teh One Who Knocks
08-25-2011, 09:24 PM
Us Weekly

http://i.imgur.com/bhdW4.jpg

Jaime Pressly's DUI drama is nearly over.

Arrested in January, the 34-year-old actress will serve three years on summary probation after striking a deal with prosecutors, E! News reports. The actress blew a .22 at the time of her arrest, which is nearly three times California's legal limit.

The former My Name Is Earl star pleaded no contest to driving with a blood alcohol level of .08 or higher on Thursday. As part of the deal, prosecutors agreed to drop an additional count of driving under the influence.

Pressly was also ordered to complete a six-month alcohol program instead of the typical nine-month program, due to the blood alcohol testing already conducted by the police and Pressly's defense team. The actress will also pay $390 in fees plus penalties.

Had she been convicted, Pressly could have spent up to six months in jail.

Pressly is mom to 4-year-old Dezi with ex DJ Eric Calvo. She filed for divorce from entertainment lawyer Simran Singh on January 21.

PorkChopSandwiches
08-25-2011, 09:46 PM
You never do jail time for a DUI out here unless its your 3rd or more in 10 years. Even when you do LA County is so over crowded they only make you do like 10%-15% of your sentence. So on 6 months she would do a couple weeks.

Teh One Who Knocks
08-25-2011, 09:57 PM
Wasn't that what Paris went in for though? I don't think it was her third DUI :-k

Hal-9000
08-25-2011, 10:01 PM
damn...she looks pretty lucid for being 3 times over the limit :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
08-25-2011, 10:49 PM
Wasn't that what Paris went in for though? I don't think it was her third DUI :-k

I don't think it was for the dui, but for violating her probation

Teh One Who Knocks
08-25-2011, 11:14 PM
I don't think it was for the dui, but for violating her probation

Ah, you might be right about that