PDA

View Full Version : Generous readers pay for a new walker for Aston

Goofy
08-26-2011, 04:37 PM
Heard a story on the Jeremy Vine show today on Radio 2 about a 6 year old cerebral palsy sufferer who had his walker stolen, apparently for scrap metal :| Couldnt quite believe anyone could be so fucking idiotic, callous, (add your own word) to do such a thing :meh: Anyway, the story was still on my mind when i got home from work so i thought i'd google it.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/local/east-hampshire/generous_readers_pay_for_a_new_walker_for_aston_1_ 2999411

If you click the link there's an audio clip from the local radio station in Portsmouth reporting on the case.......... and afterwards the DJ comes back on to say that they've had 2 phone calls right away of people offering to pay for a new walker for the kid :D Donations have so far reached £1010 :tup:

When i first heard the story i was a bit enraged tbh but after reading that news piece my faith in humanity has been restored......... and i had a tear in my eye :)

I hope they catch the bastard that did it and break the fucker's legs :x

FBD
08-26-2011, 04:42 PM
:thumbsup: that's where charity should come from...hip national bank, not the governmental office of doling out taxpayer money...