PDA

View Full Version : Ok mobile phone techies - need your advice

Goofy
08-27-2011, 03:16 PM
My current mobile phone contract has been up for quite some time now and my provider has been on the phone offering me a new phone etc. Now, my current phone is a crappy motorola razr :lol: It does what i want it to do..... most of the time :lol: Lately though it's started to play up a bit so i'm thinking about taking the plunge into the smartphone league.

So, looking for some advice on what to go for :) I quite like the look and sound of the samsung galaxy s2, anyone got one?

Goofy
08-27-2011, 03:23 PM
Was reading some reviews on the samsung :lol:

However what I can tell you is that I wish my wife was as pleased with something offering 4.3 inches as it's main feature

redred
08-27-2011, 03:24 PM
get an iphone :lol:

i've not played with the s2 but it looks a good phone is that the only one they offered?

Teh One Who Knocks
08-27-2011, 03:26 PM

:slap:

Teh One Who Knocks
08-27-2011, 03:26 PM
Personally, I'm partial to the HTC phones, they make some good stuff

SmoothBob
08-27-2011, 03:30 PM
iphone..

but i used to sell mobiles, and am getting quite bored o me iphone. I'd also recomend the htc s or the Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc

My mate got the LG Optimus 3D, and the 3D is certainly impressive..

Or u could wait another month or so and see what the iphone 5 will be like..

Goofy
08-27-2011, 03:30 PM

i've not played with the s2 but it looks a good phone is that the only one they offered?

I can have anything i want...... just the price is different depending on which model i choose :) If i get an iphone will my penis not shrink? :-k

redred
08-27-2011, 03:31 PM
Personally, I'm partial to the HTC phones, they make some good stuff

i would say the same tbh i'm very happy with the wildfire had it over a year now it's the longest i've kept a phone but it does all the things i want and isn't such a power drain as the 1gig processor + phones

Goofy
08-27-2011, 03:31 PM
Or u could wait another month or so and see what the iphone 5 will be like..

Which is why i wont bother with an iphone :tup: They love to fuck their isheep customers........ "heres our new product, buy it now" - everyone rushes out to buy it....... 2 months later "Weve added a new thing to it and called it new product2, go buy it!" - every isheep buys it :|

DemonGeminiX
08-27-2011, 03:32 PM
If you get an iPhone, we revoke your man card.

:nono:

Goofy
08-27-2011, 03:33 PM
If you get an iPhone, we revoke your man card.

:nono:

And rightly so :tup:

SmoothBob
08-27-2011, 03:34 PM
Then go for the Samsung or the Sony then

Goofy
08-27-2011, 03:35 PM
What about the HTC desire HD? Anyone got one of those?

Teh One Who Knocks
08-27-2011, 03:35 PM
Here's the HTC UK site Goof

http://www.htc.com/uk/

redred
08-27-2011, 03:36 PM
i'm sure theres an app to follow the europa league on iphone :dance:

redred
08-27-2011, 03:38 PM
goof have a look on this forum
http://www.avforums.com/forums/mobile-phones-pdas/ it will have most if not all the phones being reviewed or talked about by people that have them

Goofy
08-27-2011, 04:08 PM
Here's the HTC UK site Goof

http://www.htc.com/uk/

:thumbsup:

i'm sure theres an app to follow the europa league on iphone :dance:

What fucking use is that to me, we're out of that now as well :lol:

goof have a look on this forum
http://www.avforums.com/forums/mobile-phones-pdas/ it will have most if not all the phones being reviewed or talked about by people that have them

Will do, cheers :)

redred
08-27-2011, 04:57 PM
What fucking use is that to me, we're out of that now as well :lol:

:dance:

Noilly Pratt
08-27-2011, 05:37 PM
My nephew started with the HTC Dream and now has the Desire...maybe he'll buy the HTC Coitus next!!! :D

He loves all the free programs he can get via the Android OS. He's outdoorsy and it comes with GPS, a compass, and there are new apps every day, whereas you have to have Apple approved apps unless you tweak your phone (technically illegal).

Noilly Pratt
08-27-2011, 05:39 PM
Another nephew has a Blackberry and I found it a bit confusing to navigate in comparison to the iPhone and HTC offerings. I have a Samsung phone right now and I love the audio quality. It's just a basic talk and text phone with a flip out keyboard but it does the job for me.

Jezter
08-29-2011, 06:33 AM
I suggest you make a little list of things you need the phone to do. Like what are the things you do with it the most often, what do you use your phone for? What are the kind of new things you would like to be able to do with your phone that you can't now? Like do you need good camera and video performance, more for music and media use, do you text a lot so you need physical keys instead of just touchscreen etc. Then it will be a little easier to start suggesting something.

The higher end we go in the spectrum of smartphone, the more similar they become. They all have more or less the same hardware specs and only thing then making the difference is the little details in UI and design and little details here and there. The lower the range we go, the more obvious and clear the differences become. Also, the higher end we go, the more you pay and it is not smart to pay for something (features, hardware) you don't need.

About SGII. A couple of mates have it and one already reverted back to HTC Desire. It was too big for his hands. He is a small guy, so his hand isn't that big either. He could not comfortably use it with one hand, so it wasn't so good for him. He absolutely loved the performance and he kept saying "It's like magic. It is as if I just thought about something and then phone already does it. So fast and smooth". I have held it in my hand quite a bit too and I have to agree. It is a bit clumsy design. It is so thin and basically just a slab of phone. You don't get a comfy grip of it with one hand... Performance is out of this world, but ergonomics aren't...

As last thing, just say no to iPhone. Just no.

JoeyB
08-29-2011, 06:54 AM
You should check the width and depth of the phone if you intend on inserting it up your rectum.

Teh One Who Knocks
08-29-2011, 11:15 AM
As last thing, just say no to iPhone. Just no.

:qft:

Goofy
09-01-2011, 12:46 PM
Still havent made my mind up :lol:

I suggest you make a little list of things you need the phone to do. Like what are the things you do with it the most often, what do you use your phone for? What are the kind of new things you would like to be able to do with your phone that you can't now? Like do you need good camera and video performance, more for music and media use, do you text a lot so you need physical keys instead of just touchscreen etc. Then it will be a little easier to start suggesting something.

Well, i mostly use my current phone for texting and phoning, the main thing i want from my new phone is the ability to access the web - post on here, put bets on etc. Also a decent 'still' camera would be handy :)

Teh One Who Knocks
09-01-2011, 01:05 PM
Most of them now have pretty decent cameras on them. Mine has a 5 MP camera and takes HD video in 720p resoulution.