PDA

View Full Version : Owner put naked yogurt-store employee inside box, D.A. says

Teh One Who Knocks
08-27-2011, 04:59 PM
The Los Angeles Times

http://i.imgur.com/AMYlH.jpg

A Monterey Park yogurt shop owner is facing kidnapping and attempted murder charges for abducting a female employee and keeping her inside a box in a soundproof room, prosecutors said Friday.

Robert Yachen Lee alleged lured the employee to a storage room above O My Yogurt on south Atlantic Boulevard early Wednesday, knocked her unconscious and then -- after removing her clothing and dressing her in an adult diaper -- placed her in a box, authorities said.

The victim told authorities that when she came to, she was bound with tape and had a collar around her neck.

Prosecutors believe Lee planned the kidnapping, because the storage room had recently been soundproofed.

OmyThe woman was able to free herself and escape to a nearby optometrist's office, where she alerted police.

Lee appeared briefly in Alhambra Superior Court on Friday afternoon. Bail was set at $10 million.

AntZ
08-27-2011, 06:09 PM
Funny, I know that area well. I would eat at the Marie Callender's restaurant, that's about a block from this place, about once a month.

DemonGeminiX
08-27-2011, 06:17 PM
Funny, I know that area well. I would eat at the Marie Callender's restaurant, that's about a block from this place, about once a month.

I guess that restaurant is good then. Funny, because their microwaveable dinners suck hard.

AntZ
08-27-2011, 06:50 PM
I guess that restaurant is good then. Funny, because their microwaveable dinners suck hard.

That happens all the time! The sit down restaurants or fast food places, that sell their frozen food in the markets, usually have their food manufactured by third parties. I would buy their frozen dinners and have them for lunch, in the mid-90's, and they were great! I bought a few about 3 or 4 years ago when we were in the U.S., and it wasn't the same at all! They really let their quality slip!

But the actual restaurants are still good! They are a step above IHOP & Coco's, and somewhere around Appelbee's, but their fresh pies are legendary world class!

Hal-9000
08-27-2011, 07:18 PM
another Charles Ng in the making....:(