PDA

View Full Version : Chinese man had knife blade stuck in his head for four years without knowing it, doctors say

Teh One Who Knocks
02-18-2011, 08:16 PM
BY Sean Alfano - NY DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

http://i.imgur.com/62MLI.jpg

A Chinese man's stabbing headache ended this week when doctors removed a rusty 4-inch knife blade that had been lodged in his skull for four years.

Li Fuyan said a robber had stabbed him on the right side of his jaw. For years, Li had suffered from severe headaches and had trouble breathing, but didn't know it was because a knife blade was stuck inside his head, reported The Associated Press.

"As time passed, I used injections to kill the pain in my head and ears," Li, 30, told Chinese state TV. "It has been four years already."

The hospital announced on Friday that the surgery was successful, calling it a "miracle."

"We checked his mouth, but no wound or scar has been found. It is very strange as to how the blade got into his head," Xu Wen, an official at the hospital, told Chinese state TV.

http://i.imgur.com/V3JhY.jpg

While shocking, Li's case is far from unusual.

In fact, one of Li's countrymen once had to have a pair of scissors removed from his esophagus two years ago.

In April 2009, a Colorado man coughed up a nail that had been stuck up his nose for three decades.

Also in 2009, a 2-year-old Brazilian boy was found living with 50 sewing needles lodged throughout his body.

And back in 2004, doctors in France found 350 coins in a man's stomach.

Dr. Eugene Flamm, a New York-based neurosurgeon, expressed amazement that Li is still alive.

"Maybe out of sheer luck this knife passed through" without damaging vital organs, Flamm said, noting that X-rays showed the blade was embedded just behind Li's throat.

Vixen
02-18-2011, 08:23 PM
how the fuck can you not know you have a blade lodged in yer head? :huh:

Hal-9000
02-18-2011, 08:25 PM
Sounds suspect to me....no entry wound and the guy, through all of his pain never remembered that - OH YEAH, it might have been that time the other guy stabbed me IN THE FACE WITH A KNIFE that's causing some of the pain :lol:

one xray at a doctors or dentists and they would have seen something....

Vixen
02-18-2011, 08:41 PM
surely looking at that x-ray he would of noticed when he opened his mouth?!