PDA

View Full Version : Obama uncle Onyango Obama arrested for 'drink-driving'

redred
08-30-2011, 07:58 AM
US President Barack Obama's uncle has been arrested on suspicion of drinking and driving, authorities have said.
Onyango Obama, 67, said he would call the White House to arrange bail, after being stopped on Friday in the US state of Massachusetts, says a police report.
A half-brother of the president's late father, he is being held without bail, subject to an immigration order.
Police said the Kenya native was arrested after driving through a stop sign and nearly hitting a police car.
Mr Obama was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, negligent operation of a motor vehicle and failure to yield the right of way.
'Argumentative'
He pleaded not guilty over the incident in the town of Framingham, about 20 miles (32km) outside the city of Boston.
Framingham police officer Val Krishtal said in a written report that when stopped Mr Obama was slurring his speech and argumentative.
"I explained to him that I narrowly avoided striking his vehicle, and he told me that he did not hear my tyres screeching so I was not being accurate," Mr Krishtal wrote in the report.
According to the report, when taken to a police station and asked whether he wanted to make a telephone call to arrange bail, Mr Obama said: "I think I will call the White House."
Mr Krishtal said Mr Obama had failed several breathalyser tests.
In a court document, US Immigration and Customs Enforcement said it had previously made Onyango Obama the subject of a deportation order.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-14712656

obama should rise the limit to stop this:-k

Teh One Who Knocks
08-30-2011, 11:49 AM
I wish I could call the White House to arrange bail :sad2:

redred
08-30-2011, 12:28 PM
:empathy:

Acid Trip
08-30-2011, 03:52 PM
More info.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/regional/view.bg?articleid=1362374

President Obama’s accused drunken-driving uncle — who was busted after a near collision with a Framingham cop — has had a valid Social Security number for at least 19 years, despite being an illegal immigrant ordered to be deported back to Kenya, the Herald has learned.

The president’s 67-year-old uncle, Obama Onyango, has had a valid Massachusetts driver’s license and Social Security number since at least 1992, said Registry of Motor Vehicles spokesman Michael Verseckes.

Onyango, whose sister, Zeituni Onyango, made headlines when it was revealed she was an illegal immigrant living in public housing in South Boston, was wobbly legged, “slurring” and had “red and glassy eyes” when he was pulled over at 7 p.m. Wednesday on Waverly Street in Framingham.

A marked cruiser pulled him over just past the Chicken Bone saloon, about a mile from Onyango’s single-family home. Onyango, the half-brother of the president’s father identified in some press accounts as “Uncle Omar,” initially denied drinking but admitted having “two beers” after police said they smelled booze on his breath, according to a police report.

“It was clear that he was moderately unsteady on his feet,” Framingham Officer Val Krishtal wrote.

Onyango’s white Mitsubishi SUV was pulled over after the vehicle made a sudden right turn in front of a cruiser at a stop sign, causing Krishtal to slam on the brakes to avoid a collision. Onyango blew a .14 on the Breathalyzer and continually interrupted the officer, the report states.

“(Onyango) spoke English well, albeit with a moderate accent. I detected what I believed to be some slurring as he spoke,” Krishtal wrote.

Onyango was ordered held without bail on a federal immigration warrant after his arraignment Thursday in Framingham District Court. Court papers show he was the subject of a previous deportation order. He was being held in the Plymouth House of Correction last night.

Mike Rogers, a spokesman for Cleveland immigration attorney Margaret Wong, who is representing Onyango, said he “wouldn’t know how” Onyango obtained a Social Security number. Wong is the same lawyer who represented the president’s aunt, Zeituni Onyango, in her fight to win asylum last year. Reached at her apartment in a South Boston public housing complex yesterday, Zeituni Onyango said of her brother’s arrest: “Why don’t you go to 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. in Washington, D.C., and ask your president? Not me.” She then hung up on a reporter.

The bust came just days after another illegal immigrant was charged with running down and killing a 23-year-old man in Milford.

Asked about the issue yesterday, Gov. Deval Patrick said: “You know my stance: Illegal is illegal. We need comprehensive immigration reform.”

Teh One Who Knocks
08-30-2011, 04:06 PM
Asked about the issue yesterday, Gov. Deval Patrick said: “You know my stance: Illegal is illegal. We need comprehensive immigration reform.”

What a liar

RBP
08-30-2011, 04:09 PM
Boot him.

Acid Trip
08-30-2011, 04:21 PM
What a liar

He's a Democrat so "immigration reform" means "amnesty" in his book.

FBD
08-30-2011, 09:22 PM
illegal is illegal????

:rofl: I'd LOVE to see mr patrick try to deport mr o'illegal. he'll get a personal call from mr 'affirmativeactionprez himself to scold him on it :lol: didnt you get the new DHS message? what dont you understand about "any excuse at all??"

:dance:

JoeyB
08-30-2011, 09:46 PM
This is so sad, what happened to the days when high ranking politico's relatives could do as they please?

Though, Onyango Obama? Be honest, did they just pull that name out of a hat?

Hal-9000
08-30-2011, 09:50 PM
He's Kenyan?

That's racial profiling :hand: