PDA

View Full Version : Israel sends 2 warships to Egyptian border

Teh One Who Knocks
08-30-2011, 03:22 PM
The Associated Press

JERUSALEM – The Israeli military says it has sent two more warships to the Red Sea border with Egypt following warnings that militants are planning another attack on southern Israel from Egyptian soil.

Earlier this week, Israel's military ordered more troops to the border following intelligence reports of an impending attack.

Israel's home front minister said Tuesday that militants from the Gaza-based Islamic Jihad are in Egypt's Sinai peninsula waiting to attack.

Gunmen who infiltrated Israel through the porous Egyptian Sinai border killed eight Israelis earlier this month.

The attack sparked calls to increase security on both sides of the frontier and created new tensions between Israel and Egypt.

No changes in security alignments were observed on the Egyptian side of the border.

redred
08-30-2011, 03:26 PM
well i've taken that whole area off my holiday wish list now :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
08-30-2011, 03:29 PM
What sucks is, I would so love to go see the Pyramids some day, but who knows if it will ever be safe (enough) there again to do that :wha:

redred
08-30-2011, 03:32 PM
just watch transformers 2 they're in that for a bit :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
08-30-2011, 03:42 PM
I want to see them for real :nono:

redred
08-30-2011, 03:51 PM
best book a flight then :tup:

oh btw pack one of these

http://i.imgur.com/FORt8.jpg

RBP
08-30-2011, 03:59 PM
The pyramids are real? :shock:

RBP
08-30-2011, 04:03 PM
wait, I have been to one. :tup:

http://i.imgur.com/XLJRj.jpg

FBD
08-30-2011, 09:28 PM
What sucks is, I would so love to go see the Pyramids some day, but who knows if it will ever be safe (enough) there again to do that :wha:

ditto that, bro - I've already pretty much given up on ever seeing 'em. the mayan ones are almost as good....almost, but nooooot....close :lol: I'm still kicking myself for not bringing a flashlight last time I went to cancun, I found a secret staircase in one of the pyramids there, I *so* wanted to crawl in and check it out but the only light source I had was the flash on my camera [-( the mayans rebuilt around the outsides of their pyramids every 15 years and they left secret passageways amongst the old stuff.

I figure maybe by the time we're old it will be safe again :lol: maybe.

JoeyB
08-30-2011, 09:42 PM
best book a flight then :tup:

oh btw pack one of these

http://i.imgur.com/FORt8.jpg

Pack one of those? A Korean dude in body armor? I'd rather bring a girl ninja to protect me.

Muddy
08-30-2011, 10:45 PM
You would think the pyramids were in the middle of a desert... Some exotic location... Wrong... It's surrounded by Urban shit now...

Hal-9000
08-30-2011, 10:48 PM
You would think the pyramids were in the middle of a desert... Some exotic location... Wrong... It's surrounded by Urban shit now...

this ^^^

Every movie and most pictures portray them in the middle of a vast desert.My cousin brought back pics years ago and there's crap everywhere..

Teh One Who Knocks
08-30-2011, 11:10 PM

What does that have to do with safety?

Teh One Who Knocks
08-30-2011, 11:10 PM
ditto that, bro - I've already pretty much given up on ever seeing 'em. the mayan ones are almost as good....almost, but nooooot....close :lol: I'm still kicking myself for not bringing a flashlight last time I went to cancun, I found a secret staircase in one of the pyramids there, I *so* wanted to crawl in and check it out but the only light source I had was the flash on my camera [-( the mayans rebuilt around the outsides of their pyramids every 15 years and they left secret passageways amongst the old stuff.

I figure maybe by the time we're old it will be safe again :lol: maybe.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but I don't hold out a lot of hope :(

Hal-9000
08-30-2011, 11:12 PM

I think he may have been pointing out that you'll be traveling to a city, not the isolated idea that pictures and movies give us (?)

deebakes
08-30-2011, 11:12 PM
I'm still kicking myself for not bringing a fleshlight last time I went to cancun...

no luck with latino chicks?

Muddy
08-30-2011, 11:17 PM

I'm saying, because of the urban sprawl... Who wants to go to those stinking things anyway...?

Teh One Who Knocks
08-30-2011, 11:18 PM
I'm saying, because of the urban sprawl... Who wants to go to those stinking things anyway...?

History :slap:

Hal-9000
I'd like to pee off of the great pyramid..I mean how many times does a fella get the chance to do that?

Muddy
History :slap:

They've ruined that mystique...

Hal-9000
08-30-2011, 11:19 PM
and...you could chisel off a pyramid chunk and hide it for the trip home :face:

Muddy
08-30-2011, 11:20 PM
I'd like to go to egypt and search for the jewel of the Nile.... So I can wear it on my Turban.... Like Punjab...

Muddy
08-30-2011, 11:21 PM
no luck with latino chicks?

Hahahaha... I just saw that...

Hal-9000
08-30-2011, 11:22 PM
I've always wanted to see the rainforest pyramids like FBD was mentioning :thumbsup:

something about that environment draws me...

Muddy
08-30-2011, 11:23 PM
I've always wanted to see the rainforest pyramids like FBD was mentioning :thumbsup:

something about that environment draws me...

Soon as we run Hugo ego out of there we're gonna build a Disney resort for you to fully enjoy them... :thumbsup:

Hal-9000
08-31-2011, 12:57 AM
tear down the rainforest and erect a rainforest ride simulation?

:lol: I'm in

Southern Belle
08-31-2011, 02:11 AM
I saw some rain forest pyramids in Belize last year. Pretty cool when you think about how old they are.

Godfather
08-31-2011, 06:23 AM
this ^^^

Every movie and most pictures portray them in the middle of a vast desert.My cousin brought back pics years ago and there's crap everywhere..

I understand there's a Burger King right behind the Great Sphinx :roll: It's also got a wee landmine problem around there too...

Buddy of mine just got back from traveling Asia. He couldn't stop saying how impressed he was with the Taj Mahal. Unlike all the other attractions, they've kept the city around it 'old,' and there's no tacky garbage nearby to ruin the power of that piece of history. In fact, they even keep traffic at a distance to keep pollution down. Pretty neat.

Teh One Who Knocks
08-31-2011, 11:11 AM
I understand there's a Burger King right behind the Great Sphinx :roll: It's also got a wee landmine problem around there too...

Buddy of mine just got back from traveling Asia. He couldn't stop saying how impressed he was with the Taj Mahal. Unlike all the other attractions, they've kept the city around it 'old,' and there's no tacky garbage nearby to ruin the power of that piece of history. In fact, they even keep traffic at a distance to keep pollution down. Pretty neat.

Yeah, but too bad the rest of India is a disgusting cesspool :lol:

I have no desire to go there at all, I've seen too many pix :puke: