PDA

View Full Version : Call a gynecologist! ‘Vagina Tree’ is deflowered in McCarren Park

Teh One Who Knocks
08-31-2011, 09:05 PM
By Aaron Short - The Brooklyn Paper

http://i.imgur.com/8r06C.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/i5lvs.jpg

Greenpoint’s most seductive tree has given itself to the wrath of Hurricane Irene.

The so-called “Vagina Tree,” a decades-old London Plane in McCarren Park, toppled from the high winds of this weekend’s tropical storm, damaging an iron fence and a lampost as it fell.

The tree’s distinctive trunk, which looks like it has been around the block a few times, fully lived up to its nickname last April when someone anonymously pierced it with a five-inch metal ring.

The sexy neighborhood curiosity near Bedford Avenue and the McCarren Park tennis courts has attracted a Foursquare page and even hosts its own Twitter feed, @TheVaginaTree.

But Irene’s furiously swirling winds licked the tree forcefully enough to snap it just above its waist on Sunday. All that remains is a spent stump.

The Foursquare’s account is now “closed.” On Monday night, the tree Tweeted what might be its last message: “I am the stump formerly known as Vagina Tree.”

Parks officials said that it was unlikely that another tree would be planted in its place due to its expansive root system. But a new dogwood will be added to a triangular field near Lorimer Street, and a group of volunteers would tend to the park’s garden and plant several trees next month. though none resembling a Georgia O’Keefe painting.

Hal-9000
08-31-2011, 09:23 PM
"...which looks like it has been around the block a few times"

:lol:

FBD
08-31-2011, 09:28 PM
:lol: Irene broke the fug outta that vaj :dance:

Hal-9000
08-31-2011, 09:39 PM
lesbo tree gets whacked

Griffin
08-31-2011, 09:43 PM
mother nature found out about the piercing.

Griffin
08-31-2011, 11:24 PM
lesbo tree gets whacked

didn't have enough wood in it.

FBD
09-01-2011, 12:55 AM
mother nature found out about the piercing.

:rofl: hhaaaaaaahahahaha nice

Hal-9000
09-01-2011, 12:58 AM
the Snooki-tree :(

deebakes
09-01-2011, 01:18 AM
:rip: