PDA

View Full Version : Charge: Teen molester caught peeping on boy in Toys ‘R’ Us bathroom

Teh One Who Knocks
08-31-2011, 09:09 PM
By LEVI PULKKINEN, SEATTLEPI.COM STAFF

http://i.imgur.com/Kikf3.jpg

A teen child molester accused of photographing a 6-year-old boy as he used the bathroom at a Seattle toy store has been charged with voyeurism.

King County prosecutors contend Lucas D. Trethewey used a phone to photograph or film at least one child at the Northgate Toys ‘R’ Us store before he was arrested on Aug. 22.

Trethewey, an 18-year-old Capitol Hill resident, has been a registered sex offender since he was released earlier this year from juvenile detention after completing a seven-month sentence for groping a young boy at a Seattle athletic club.

In charging documents filed Thursday, prosecutors contended Trethewey was waiting inside a stall at the Toys ‘R’ Us bathroom when the 6-year-old walked in.

Writing the court, Seattle Police Detective Lauren Givens said the boy’s grandmother checked the restroom before allowing the boy in to use the facilities.

Shortly afterward, the boy rushed out of the bathroom and said a man – since identified as Trethewey – ducked his head underneath the stall while he was inside, Givens said in court documents. The boy also told his grandmother the man had held a cellular phone underneath the stall panel, and that he’d heard a “click” noise.

The boy’s grandmother contacted store security, who called the police and watched the restroom door until officers arrived. Givens told the court Trethewey emerged from the stall, his zipper undone, and denied taking photos of the boy.

“It is clear Trethewey was hiding in the restroom stall at the Toys ‘R’ Us restroom,” Givens told the court. “Trethewey took photos with his cell phone of (the boy) … in a place where (he) had a reasonable expectation that he would disrobe in privacy.”

Givens asserted that Trethewey may have photographed other children as well. A memory card slot on his phone was empty when police seized it.

According to charging documents, Trethewey declined to make a statement to police without an attorney present.

Sentenced in October 2010 to about seven months in juvenile detention, Trethewey was also barred from frequenting places where children congregate, Senior Deputy Prosecutor Carol Spoor told the court.

In that case, Trethewey admitted to grabbing the bare buttocks of a 9-year-old boy at the Seattle Tennis Club.

Describing the July 7, 2010 incident, a Seattle detective said the boy was in the boy’s locker room of the Denny-Blaine neighborhood club when Trethewey, then 17, groped him.

Changing after swimming, the boy and his brother were alone in the changing room with Trethewey.

Trethewey, the boy later told police, was staring at him, then followed him to a corner of the locker room when he attempted to get away. Trethewey touched the boy’s bottom, then, in a singing voice, said “I’m sorry.”

Tearful and shaking uncontrollably, the boy ran from the locker room and told a passing adult someone had touched him. The adult then confronted Trethewey and called for the club manager.

“I didn’t mean for this to happen,” Trethewey said, according to court documents. “Sorry that this is happening, and I’m sorry that you had to get the manager.”

Trethewey later told the manager he “had this problem in the past,” the Seattle detective told the court. When asked what he meant, Trethewey replied “with children” and added that he’d been through therapy.

Interviewed by police alongside his parents, Trethewey changed his story and claimed he may have accidentally brushed by the boy on the way past him.

Trethewey pleaded guilty to first-degree child molestation in October before a juvenile court judge and subsequently was sentenced to the term specified in a plea agreement.

Trethewey has been charged with voyeurism, a felony. He remains jailed on $500,000 bail.

Hal-9000
08-31-2011, 09:25 PM
*singing voice while punching*

I'm sorry

deebakes
08-31-2011, 09:54 PM
Chair this fucker...

Loser
08-31-2011, 09:59 PM
Man o man if I would of caught him doing that to my nephew.

A.) They would of had to remove the evidence from deep inside his rectum.
B.) They would of had to find his cock, which would be circling the seatle sewage system.
C.) Nvm, just do what D said, Chair the fucker.