PDA

View Full Version : Bethenny Frankel's Daughter Bryn, 15 Months, Is a Vegetarian

Teh One Who Knocks
09-02-2011, 08:59 PM
Us Weekly

http://i.imgur.com/zKQjC.jpg

At 15-months old, Bethenny Frankel's baby girl Bryn is already on her way to becoming a Skinnygirl.

The healthy-living entrepreneur, 40, is hyperaware about feeding her tot healthy foods, but the figure-conscious mom isn't serving her daughter any meat whatsoever.

"As far as raising Bryn as a vegetarian, that was a personal choice," the Bethenny Ever After star wrote on her website Wednesday. "If Bryn is older and wants something at a party that isn't vegetarian, I don't want her to feel ostracized. She’ll find her way."

"I have eaten raw, vegan, vegetarian, etc. and I love the feeling of eating all of those healthy foods and not incorporating meat," she said. "If I have to vow to never eat meat again because she starts to notice that I have a piece of turkey bacon, then I may make that sacrifice."

Bryn -- whose father is Frankel's hubby Jason Hoppy -- still consumes some animal products. "I chose not to have her be vegan because I believe she needs the fat and protein in milk," Frankel said. "Sometimes I need her to fill up on organic cheese. Her health comes first."

But Frankel insists her daughter won't eat typical kid food. "As a child, I ate sushi, escargot, venison -- anything and everything. I wasn't squeamish about food, and I'm proud to say that I've never ordered off of a children's menu in my entire life," she said. "[Bryn won't] be a children's menu child either."

The first-time mom has her daughter on an "all organic" diet, but she insists she's not extreme with it. "If we are in a Mexican restaurant where I know the guacamole isn’t organic, it's OK," she said. "Obsession isn't the point here. Doing the best we can is."

"Our babies are a beautiful clean slate," she said. "I am so excited for how healthy [Bryn] will be."

JoeyB
09-02-2011, 10:27 PM
Good for her...that kid will have vastly reduced chances of being obese, contracting cancer, having heart or circulatory disease, and myriad other benefits. Not to mention it is cruelty free and a moral option.