PDA

View Full Version : Teen Accused Of Posing As Medic

Teh One Who Knocks
09-05-2011, 11:17 AM
(NewsCore) - A 17-year-old was arrested in Florida after reportedly posing as a physician's assistant for two weeks at a hospital, FOXNews.com reported Saturday.

Matthew Scheidt worked in a doctor's office in Kissimmee, near Orlando, but police said it was only as a part-time billing clerk.

He managed to work his way inside the Osceola Regional Medical Center's human resources department and requested a new identification badge, saying he had changed physician's offices, witnesses told WOFL-TV.

Scheidt found his way into the emergency room, helping doctors, removing an IV, performing exams on disrobed male patients, and even cleaning and dressing wounds, according to witness statements.

When his new badge did not grant Scheidt the full access he wanted, he went back to HR with two more stories, police said. After the third attempt, hospital management became suspicious and called the authorities.

"It's very, very bizarre," Kissimmee Police Spokeswoman Stacie Miller said.

The facility's management told WOFL that they will investigate hospital practices to make sure it does not happen again. Management also said that records show all the patients involved received the care they needed.

Scheidt's father, who lives nearby with his son, first learned of the teen's actions when police showed up at his door.

"I'm embarrassed, I'm floored, I love him. Those are the best things I can say right now as a parent," he told WOFL.

Scheidt is charged with a third degree felony and is being held in the local juvenile detention center.

"I don't know if I need to get him some psychiatric help," his father said.

deebakes
09-05-2011, 04:05 PM
wow, pretty ballsy :-k

JoeyB
09-05-2011, 10:02 PM
performing exams on disrobed male patients

wow, pretty ballsy :-k

That's what he said.

Hal-9000
09-05-2011, 10:35 PM
reminds me of the lad Catch Me If You Can is based on...he was a doc for awhile :lol: