PDA

View Full Version : Hospital shop customers 'pushed past' epileptic fit woman

Teh One Who Knocks
09-07-2011, 01:31 PM
The father of an 18-year-old woman who had a seizure in the shop at Belfast's Royal Victoria Hospital has said he is shocked by how other customers reacted.
BBC News - Northern Ireland

http://i.imgur.com/ArKU2.jpg

Danielle Burns was with her parents when she suffered an epileptic fit.

Her father was cradling her head while paramedics and a doctor treated her - however customers tried to push past to reach for chocolate and crisps.

Danielle's father David said one man asked a paramedic treating his daughter to pass him a milkshake.

"We were sort of busying around Danielle and talking between ourselves making sure she was OK," Mr Burns said.

"And this gentleman, I just heard him say 'excuse me mate' tapping the paramedic, 'you wouldn't mind handing me that banana milkshake'.

"We all sort of looked at each other and I think, to be honest, the paramedic was shocked at it himself because it was like autopilot, he turned and got him the banana milkshake and handed it to him.

"Then he sort of looked at myself and my wife and shook his head and said that's disgusting."

redred
09-07-2011, 01:45 PM
i had to go into A&E last month i slipped getting a knife out some packaging at cut down to bone being a sunday nothing was open to for me to fix myself so hospital was the only choice ,anyway i'm down there with a minor cut imo and by the look of another man in the waiting area he'd done a similar thing after 10 minutes in comes a young girl 14 ish covered in blood and in shock she was in the room for 30 seconds before the doctors took her to be looked at ,then the bloke with the cut stands and starts shouting & swearing that he should be next not this girl , i told him to grow up and think about what he was doing he wasn't happy with that :lol: ,we live in a very selfish world sometimes where people don't think