PDA

View Full Version : Boston set to try the English-knife thing

FBD
09-08-2011, 09:21 PM
obviously if people cant buy knives, there will be no knife crime :lol: fkn morons!

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/boston-set-to-restrict-knife-sales/

Legally buying a handgun in Boston is already impossible for most citizens, but soon it may become much harder to purchase even a pocketknife in Beantown.

Yes, some Boston politicians believe that if you make it harder to buy something with a sharp edge, there will be fewer stabbings. Apparently, Boston has had 1300 such attacks over the past two years.

The Boston City Council will meet tomorrow to vote on the ordinance, which would require a licensing process for the sale of knives. Boston already dictates the type of knives that can be sold, but this new legislation would allow the state to continuously keeps its hands on anyone who sells everything from Swiss Army Knives to machetes.

It is unclear if sale of chef’s knives, which often have 8-inch-long, razor sharp blades, will be covered by the new regulations, but the impact on fine dining around Beacon Hill could be severe.

Even without this legislation, Boston is far from a 2nd Amendment haven.

Current Massachusetts law bans all sorts of weapons and imposes draconian prison terms for their possession. Many knives such as switchblades are illegal outright. You need a license to carry pepper spray. One could guess this has made the city much safer from rogue female joggers.

For the aspiring ninjas out there, be forewarned: Massachusetts has already banned nunchakus, Kung Fu Sticks, and throwing stars, punishable by no less than two-and-a-half years in prison.

The lengthy sentences under Boston extend to firearms as well. Have a sawed-off shotgun? Or an automatic weapon? You could get life in prison.

Watch the video below, courtesy of MyFoxBoston, and hear the politicians behind the knife bill make their case for regulations that they claim won‘t be ’onerous’:

---------

Yeah, simply take away anything that might be used to injure a person, pad the rest in bubble wrap, and nobody in society will EVER hurt anyone ever again!

Acid Trip
09-08-2011, 09:25 PM
My kitchen knives are 100x sharper/deadly than any pocket/hunting/fishing knife. Ceramic > Steel

Will they outlaw those too?

The East Coast is a shit hole and I'm glad I never go there.

Muddy
09-08-2011, 09:30 PM

Screw you dude... I'd wager money I live in a nicer place than you do... :lol:

FBD
09-08-2011, 09:35 PM
:lol: that's a little broad - boston's a shithole, NYC's a shithole, every city in CT is a SUPER shithole...

Muddy
09-08-2011, 09:37 PM
Where as Texas is the most awesomest place around...!! Fuggin' Mexican Ghetto land... :lol:

JoeyB
09-08-2011, 09:47 PM

Screw you dude... I'd wager money I live in a nicer place than you do... :lol:

East coast / west coast throw down~!!

Muddy
09-08-2011, 09:51 PM
He's not from the friggin West Coast... He's an arrogant Texan... :lol:

JoeyB
09-08-2011, 09:55 PM
Where as Texas is the most awesomest place around...!! Fuggin' Mexican Ghetto land... :lol:

He's not from the friggin West Coast... He's an arrogant Texan... :lol:

Fuck Texas. In all seriousness, I have legitimate reasons for saying that.

Loser
09-08-2011, 10:57 PM
Screw you all, come to the midwest and see the glories of Gary Indiana ;)

Griffin
09-08-2011, 11:04 PM
If prisoners in a high security prison can turn a toothbrush into a shank, what good will outlawing a pocketknife in a sprawling city serve?

JoeyB
09-08-2011, 11:12 PM
Screw you all, come to the midwest and see the glories of Gary Indiana ;)

I live in the midwest, and I've been to Gary more than once.

The smell alone is something you'll never quite forget.

Loser
09-09-2011, 12:07 AM
I live in the midwest, and I've been to Gary more than once.

The smell alone is something you'll never quite forget.

Gary's smell is nothing compared to the lever brothers and maizo factory off exit 0 in whiting :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
09-09-2011, 12:12 AM
Elizabeth, NJ....worst smelling place I've ever been :yuck:

JoeyB
09-09-2011, 04:26 AM
Gary's smell is nothing compared to the lever brothers and maizo factory off exit 0 in whiting :lol:

Maybe...but I'm not going to do a scratch and sniff comparison of the two.

DemonGeminiX
09-09-2011, 04:37 AM
You guys really need to visit my bathroom about two hours after I've eaten some Chef Boyardee.

JoeyB
09-09-2011, 04:58 AM
You guys really need to visit my bathroom about two hours after I've eaten some Chef Boyardee.

Boyardon't.

Loser
09-09-2011, 05:23 AM

Raw sewage+that foul sulphur soap plant smell+burning asshole oil refinery+whatever that glowing green shit is in wolf lake=nose torching goodness :lol:

That sums up whiting. ;)

DemonGeminiX
09-09-2011, 05:31 AM
Raw sewage+that foul sulphur soap plant smell+burning asshole oil refinery+whatever that glowing green shit is in wolf lake=nose torching goodness :lol:

That sums up whiting. ;)

:hand:

Doesn't beat digested and excreted Chef Boyardee.

JoeyB
09-09-2011, 05:57 AM

That sums up whiting. ;)

:hand:

Doesn't beat digested and excreted Chef Boyardee.

Boys! Boys! It's not a contest, both things can stink terribly.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-09-2011, 11:34 AM

Elizabeth, NJ is worse :hand:

Teh One Who Knocks
09-09-2011, 11:40 AM
http://i.imgur.com/A4J7Uh.jpg

Loser
09-09-2011, 01:02 PM
That's what the harbor area looks like :lol:

Leefro
09-09-2011, 02:07 PM
Fuck me non have you been to Grimsby ffs

Muddy
09-09-2011, 02:27 PM
http://i.imgur.com/A4J7Uh.jpg

What a lovely waterfront community... :razz:

Acid Trip
09-09-2011, 02:31 PM
I'll expand on my statement. Fuck the East and West Coast. The Mid-West and South are where it's at.

People only call Texans arrogant because we're better than everybody else :mrgreen: Jealousy is a bitch ain't it!

http://www.raiseyrealestate.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/dallas_skyline_water1.jpg

PorkChopSandwiches
09-09-2011, 04:06 PM
So Cal Bitches....Suck It!!!

http://besttravelwebsites.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Southern-California-Beaches.jpg

Teh One Who Knocks
09-09-2011, 04:10 PM
I'll expand on my statement. Fuck the East and West Coast. The Mid-West and South are where it's at.

People only call Texans arrogant because we're better than everybody else :mrgreen: Jealousy is a bitch ain't it!

http://www.raiseyrealestate.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/dallas_skyline_water1.jpg

You can keep your state that's on fire and is trying to compete with Arizona for heat issues

So Cal Bitches....Suck It!!!

http://besttravelwebsites.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Southern-California-Beaches.jpg

And you can keep your earthquakes, mudslides, smog, and seasonal fires...not to mention your state government

Colorado FTW

http://i.imgur.com/9zOKqh.jpg

PorkChopSandwiches
09-09-2011, 04:17 PM
As I recall you have earthquaks too

Teh One Who Knocks
09-09-2011, 04:20 PM
Not every other day ;)

Acid Trip
09-09-2011, 04:35 PM
What can I say, hot climate and hot women. I've been to every state in the US and Texas has the most beautiful women by far (not to mention the sexy Texas accent). California comes close but those girls too fake for my tastes.

Real tits or GTFO.

PorkChopSandwiches
09-09-2011, 04:38 PM
There are tons of real bitches, but we do have a high percentage of plastic bitches do to the amount of money thats out here

Muddy
09-09-2011, 05:47 PM
I've been to Texas..

The Women are no hotter.

The weather is Humid and hot..

It's too flat..

It's too congested...

The people that live there actually think they are part of some great club..

I honestly never want to return.

Acid Trip
09-09-2011, 08:33 PM
I've been to Texas..

The Women are no hotter.

The weather is Humid and hot..

It's too flat..

It's too congested...

The people that live there actually think they are part of some great club..

I honestly never want to return.

You've obviously never been to the hill country (not flat at all, cooler temperatures, a lot less people than the major cities).

And yes, we do all belong to a club(s). It's called the NRA and the conceal and carry club :mrgreen:

KevinD
09-10-2011, 05:20 AM
You can all go to hell, as for me, I'll go to Texas...

DemonGeminiX
09-10-2011, 05:29 AM

All the fun people go to Hell.

:nono:

Loser
09-10-2011, 12:03 PM
I had this highly religious person ask me once, Do you know if you'll be going to heaven?

My response was, Nah, most my family members are in hell, so I'm sure I'm going there.

She gave me the nastiest look, and I just loled inside :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
09-10-2011, 12:09 PM
You've obviously never been to the hill country (not flat at all, cooler temperatures, a lot less people than the major cities).

And yes, we do all belong to a club(s). It's called the NRA and the conceal and carry club :mrgreen:

There's a reason we all let you guys believe Texas is special....it's so you'll stay there and leave the rest of us alone

:dance:

Loser
09-10-2011, 12:23 PM
There's a reason we all let you guys believe Texas is special....it's so you'll stay there and leave the rest of us alone

:dance:

Damnit lance, you broke the seal, now they'll spread like a bad rash :x

Teh One Who Knocks
09-10-2011, 12:28 PM
Sorry :sad2: