PDA

View Full Version : Large pot farm found in Pike National Forest destroyed

Teh One Who Knocks
09-08-2011, 10:50 PM
By Kieran Nicholson - The Denver Post

http://i.imgur.com/fjYmP.jpg

A marijuana farm with more than 3,000 plants — valued at about $9 million — was found in the Pike National Forest in Douglas County.

Federal, state and local law enforcement found the clandestine growing operation on public land recently and destroyed the plants, according to a media release from the Douglas County Sheriff's Office and the U.S. Department of Agriculture.

The cultivation site near Deckers included an elaborate drip irrigation system. Colorado Army National Guard helicopters airlifted the plants and other debris from the back country area on Tuesday during a full-day operation, said USDA spokesman Steve Segin.

No arrests have been made.

Several marijuana growing operations in the Pike National Forest have been busted in the past several years, including a 4,400-plant farm in September of 2010 and a 5,100-plant grow in July of 2009.

"These grow operations are believed to be connected to the Drug Trafficking Organizations (DTO) that have proliferated on public lands throughout California, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, and Utah, and are now being found in the northeastern, southeastern and southwestern states," said U.S. Forest Service Special Agent in Charge Laura Mark.

Since 2009, 13 illegal large marijuana grow sites have been eradicated in Colorado, the release said.

Visitors to national forests, especially back country hikers, are asked to be observant and to notify authorities of suspicious activities on public lands.

Hal-9000
09-08-2011, 11:06 PM
:rip:

JoeyB
09-08-2011, 11:11 PM
:rip:

Shouldn't this post be from deebakes?

Hal-9000
09-08-2011, 11:13 PM
Oh I forgot...

:wank: , then :rip:

JoeyB
09-08-2011, 11:16 PM
Oh I forgot...

:wank: , then :rip:

As I said to Dee in another thread, he needs those two combined into one. You seem crafty, what can you do about that?

Hal-9000
09-08-2011, 11:17 PM
As I said to Dee in another thread, he needs those two combined into one. You seem crafty, what can you do about that?

:shifty:

I can make anything...but is not good form to step on toes around here.

You should have seen my homemade Kesha and dildo smiley :thumbsup:

PorkChopSandwiches
09-09-2011, 12:33 AM
:gay:

deebakes
09-09-2011, 12:47 AM
:suicide:

JoeyB
09-09-2011, 04:25 AM
:shifty:

I can make anything...but is not good form to step on toes around here.

You should have seen my homemade Kesha and dildo smiley :thumbsup:

Making a smiley for Deebakes would be stepping on toes?

I'm clearly missing part of the picture here.

Hal-9000
09-09-2011, 08:06 PM
Making a smiley for Deebakes would be stepping on toes?

I'm clearly missing part of the picture here.

pssst...you gotta let the management choose the smileys.Gives them the feeling that they're in control :)

Acid Trip
09-09-2011, 08:15 PM
Wait a minute, isn't it legal to grow in Colorado if you get a permit and sell it to dispensaries? When a legal route is available in your state why not use it?! You can always keep some for yourself and sell it elsewhere. Just say each plant produced 9 ounces instead of a full pound :mrgreen: