PDA

View Full Version : German Mother Locks Baby in Trunk of Car While Attending Pop Concert

Teh One Who Knocks
09-09-2011, 03:03 PM
By NewsCore

NEUMUNSTER, Germany - A German couple who locked their eight-month-old baby in the trunk of their car while attending a pop concert appealed Friday for the child to be returned from foster care, the newspaper Schleswig-Holsteiner Zeitung reported.

The parents earned notoriety in Germany last month when they drove more than 435 miles (700 kilometers) from the home in Neumunster, northern Germany, to the southern city of Stuttgart to attend a concert. They placed the baby boy in the trunk of the car, among discarded diapers, food and dirty laundry.

Passersby heard the sound of a baby screaming and alerted police. But when an announcer at the concert asked the parents to make themselves known, they did not respond. Police eventually smashed their way into the vehicle and saved the child, who was sweating badly and was hospitalized.

But the boy's 18-year-old mother defended her actions Friday, saying that she kept the window of the car open and parked in the shade. She called for her child to be returned from foster care, saying, "I want my baby back."

PorkChopSandwiches
09-09-2011, 03:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1l87Wzselg

Acid Trip
09-09-2011, 03:35 PM
I lived in Germany for 6 years and I believe they have a law along the lines of "No children under the age of 12-16 (can't remember exactly) are to be left in a vehicle alone, for any reason."

That means if Mom takes you to the grocery store/gas station/etc she can't just walk in alone and pay, you must go with her. Sounds like they tried to end around that law by hiding the baby in the trunk.

We always had to get out of the car if our parents went into a store. You couldn't just sit and play Gameboy while they were gone like kids do here.

Joebob034
09-09-2011, 04:50 PM
what concert was it

Hal-9000
09-09-2011, 07:54 PM
there's so many parents that want to adopt and are deserving and responsible folk....:(

take kids away from these morns like in the story above