PDA

View Full Version : Amy Winehouse's Parents Discuss Her Death: "She Hadn't Taken Drugs in Three Years"

Teh One Who Knocks
09-10-2011, 12:16 PM
by Bruna Nessif - E! Online

http://i.imgur.com/n0MK9.png

This Monday marks Anderson Cooper's premiere as a daytime talk show host, and he starts things off on a serious note, talking to the parents of Amy Winehouse.

Mitch and Janis Winehouse visited Anderson for an exclusive interview to discuss the demise of their musically gifted daughter for the first time (sort of), largely to reaffirm that drugs were not to blame for her death.

Here's what they said...

"I've been banging on about the fact that she hasn't taken drugs in three years," Mitch said. "Everyone thought I was in denial, I wasn't in denial, she hadn't taken drugs. She'd been clean for round about three years."

"Her problem was alcohol, the last few years of her life," Amy's dad continued. "You might argue, what's the difference? The difference is that what happened to Amy wasn't anything to do with drugs. It might be that drugs took its toll in the early years, but there were no drugs in her system at all."

Cooper followed up with a question concerning prescription drugs, and the couple admitted the thought of Amy abusing meds had slipped their mind. But Amy's father was quick to share that, yes, she was on one prescription drug, but it wasn't something that should be considered as a factor in her death.

"She was prescribed Librium [Chlordiazepoxide], which is a normal drug that is given to people who are detoxing and it kind of decreases the chances of having seizures. And she was continuing to take one of those pills everyday."

Catch the full interview on the Sept. 12 premiere of Anderson.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-10-2011, 12:16 PM
:|

Goofy
09-10-2011, 12:39 PM
http://i.imgur.com/RSek0.jpg

Godfather
09-10-2011, 03:37 PM
Why are they even bothering? Nobody in the world believes an ounce of this. She was fucked on drugs and alcohol every time she stepped on stage

redred
09-10-2011, 05:40 PM
http://i.imgur.com/YB3GH.gif

DemonGeminiX
09-10-2011, 05:57 PM
The parents probably believe every word they're saying. It's too bad they've still got those blinders on.

Hal-9000
09-11-2011, 12:25 AM
Booze is a drug...get with the program.It causes heart attacks, liver failure, strokes, congested arteries, kidney failure and poor judgment in potential sexual partners.

DemonGeminiX
09-11-2011, 12:28 AM
It causes... poor judgment in potential sexual partners.

:hand:

All the drunk girls I've ever fucked had phenomenal judgment in their choice of sexual partners.

Hal-9000
09-11-2011, 12:37 AM
:hand:

All the drunk girls I've ever fucked had phenomenal judgment in their choice of sexual partners.

After the first five drunk girls did you start to think your name was changed to He'll-do?

:dance:

DemonGeminiX
09-11-2011, 02:25 AM
No, I gave them all a different name each time. Sometimes the really drunk one's got a different name each minute.

Noilly Pratt
09-12-2011, 06:00 AM
Booze is a drug...get with the program.It causes heart attacks, liver failure, strokes, congested arteries, kidney failure and poor judgment in potential sexual partners.

I was going to say something along the same lines. You have an addictive personality, whether its drugs, alcohol, cigarettes or even fame and it'll take its toll.

Chlordiazepoxide is highly addictive in and of itself and if you add alcohol, this intensifies the effect...read the Mayo clinic if you want the wordy facts.

I bet she died of liver failure after 3 years of this cocktail of alcohol and this drug.

Case closed.

deebakes
09-13-2011, 01:52 AM
read the Mayo clinic if you want the wordy facts.

*nervous laughter and backs out of thread*

DemonGeminiX
09-13-2011, 03:16 AM

:-k

Spit it out, Dee. What's that all about?

deebakes
09-13-2011, 03:25 AM
http://i.imgur.com/WST0W.gif

DemonGeminiX
09-13-2011, 03:29 AM
Reading Mayo Clinic web documents gives you diarrhea?

:-k

Hal-9000
09-13-2011, 06:29 AM
I was going to say something along the same lines. You have an addictive personality, whether its drugs, alcohol, cigarettes or even fame and it'll take its toll.

Chlordiazepoxide is highly addictive in and of itself and if you add alcohol, this intensifies the effect...read the Mayo clinic if you want the wordy facts.

I bet she died of liver failure after 3 years of this cocktail of alcohol and this drug.

Case closed.

And to add...what I was really driving at was that people are trying to pigeon-hole the cause of her death onto street drugs.Inside, deep down my gut tells me that yes...all of the meth, coke, whatever she ingested, smoked or shot... broke her system down and she was already the walking dead, just needing a small catalyst to end her life.

Since none of us were coroners present at the autopsy, we don't know if she had a pre-existing medical condition that was weakened by her lifestyle.We also don't know what kind of prescription drugs she took, other than the one present in her body at the time of death.She could have been taking painkillers for years before taking prescription drugs that weened you off heroin..

And perhaps the biggest what if, is that drinking high volumes of alcohol kills people too.Was that the major factor in her death? A lot of young music stars have died due to alcohol abuse.Yet the public seems to want to cite the cause of Amy's death as a street drug overdose.She's done nothing unusual in that regard, she was just another performer who partied hard, rolled the dice and came up short.

Muddy
09-13-2011, 01:33 PM

:yeehaw:

Noilly Pratt
09-13-2011, 04:36 PM
I have grossed out deebakes? Who'da thunk it....Mayo Clinic is Dee's Kryptonite!

Right on all counts, Hal.

deebakes
09-13-2011, 11:40 PM
I have grossed out deebakes? Who'da thunk it....Mayo Clinic is Dee's Kryptonite!

Wigga please :hand: :nono:

Muddy
09-14-2011, 12:02 AM
Fitting..

http://i.imgur.com/UduL6.jpg

Hal-9000
09-14-2011, 12:26 AM
there was a bit of irony here....Lance recently posted some pics of her and RBP commented to the effect that she was looking better than years previous...
I believe she was on the dry out trail at that time.Astute observation by RBP