PDA

View Full Version : Hackers send fake terror alerts from NBC's Twitter

Teh One Who Knocks
09-11-2011, 12:51 PM
The Associated Press

NEW YORK – A hacker broke into the Twitter account of NBC News and sent out a handful of false tweets about a suspected hijacking and a plane attack at ground zero just days before the tenth anniversary of 9/11.

Staffers noticed the false tweets at around 6 p.m. Eastern time Friday, contacted Twitter and soon after had the account suspended.

Host Brian Williams then read a statement on air saying the reports were false.

A group calling themselves Script Kiddies mentioned themselves in the tweets and appeared to be responsible.

By about 7 p.m. Eastern, the account was restored and the false tweets removed. NBC is contacting authorities including the New York Police Department and FBI about the incident.

Southern Belle
09-11-2011, 12:53 PM
Some people have too much time on their hands and lack of respect for their fellow countrymen.

Loser
09-11-2011, 01:14 PM
First thing that came to my mind was.....

http://i55.tinypic.com/2a5yqdd.jpg

:lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
09-11-2011, 01:21 PM
Except this kinda shit isn't funny

Loser
09-11-2011, 01:28 PM
Depends on your point of view, apparently I'm a psychopath, or extremely apathetic. ;)

Teh One Who Knocks
09-11-2011, 01:31 PM
Would you think it was funny if someone said your mother/father/sister/brother/best friend was killed in an accident?

Loser
09-11-2011, 01:35 PM
Would you think it was funny if someone said your mother/father/sister/brother/best friend was killed in an accident?

Yet we crack jokes related to death, all the time, on this very forum. ;)

I personally don't find others deaths funny*unless it was a darwin award*, nor did I find what this hacker did funny. I was just merely pointing out the hilarity of what the first thing that popped into my head was after reading this article. :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
09-11-2011, 01:45 PM
Funny, you get all bent out of shape if someone even mentions an attack on a police officer, even if it's in a song lyric, yet this is okay? :-k

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Loser
09-11-2011, 01:47 PM
Funny, you get all bent out of shape if someone even mentions an attack on a police officer, even if it's in a song lyric, yet this is okay? :-k

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Actually, I don't. I just hate rap in it's entirety, just like I hate country music :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
09-11-2011, 01:49 PM
Actually you do because I remember a discussion about the group One Day As a Lion and you stated you would refuse to listen to them because Zach de la Rocha was the lead singer of the band...and it all had to do with violence against cops in the lyrics of RATM.

Loser
09-11-2011, 01:51 PM
Actually you do because I remember a discussion about the group One Day As a Lion and you stated you would refuse to listen to them because Zach de la Rocha was the lead singer of the band...and it all had to do with violence against cops in the lyrics of RATM.

That's not rap though ;) and just a personal hatred of zach the la cockroach.

FBD
09-11-2011, 04:12 PM
That's not rap though ;) and just a personal hatred of zach the la cockroach.

I despise that che-wannabe also.

Loser
09-11-2011, 04:18 PM
I despise that che-wannabe also.

So you got that vibe too? :lol:

FBD
09-11-2011, 04:23 PM
:lol: oh absolutely. I love all these fucknuts that think Che is some cool guy, when they have absolutely no fucking clue about what that asshole was really about. They just know "its cool to be all against the man"...or...something like that.

Loser
09-11-2011, 05:42 PM
http://i55.tinypic.com/zl8cua.jpg

Acid Trip
09-12-2011, 07:59 PM
http://i55.tinypic.com/zl8cua.jpg

Hahahaha! Love the quote on that picture!

Hal-9000
09-12-2011, 08:02 PM
I think it's nice to stretch your hacker kung fu and show off all of your skills to your hacker kindergarten classmates...

but WRONG TIME AND WRONG ISSUE to be stretching your pc abilities on