PDA

View Full Version : Ohio woman hauls trash to mayor's office

Teh One Who Knocks
09-11-2011, 02:14 PM
The Associated Press

PORTSMOUTH, Ohio (AP) - An Ohio woman frustrated by the mix-up of the trash pick-up schedule after the Labor Day holiday decided to haul her own garbage - right into her mayor's office.

Janice Shanks carried two bags of refuse into Portsmouth Mayor David Malone's office on Friday morning.

Shanks says she had more garbage than normal because of a holiday family get-together, and the lack of collection put her in "a real pickle."

Malone accepted the trash and says he will take it to the city's waste disposal department.

Malone says certain routes were skipped so the city could avoid paying overtime for the holiday work. He says there was confusion over how notice was sent out to residents.

Loser
09-11-2011, 02:28 PM
At least he was nice about it, and didn't have her arrested or ticketed like most would do.

Good on him.:thumbsup:

JoeyB
09-11-2011, 09:38 PM
Shanks says she had more garbage than normal because of a holiday family get-together, and the lack of collection put her in "a real pickle."

What a cunt. You always have more trash over holidays and you always have delayed pick up. What's the fucking problem?

Southern Belle
09-11-2011, 10:41 PM
Lack of planning by public services. What a surprise...

JoeyB
09-11-2011, 10:43 PM
Lack of planning by public services. What a surprise...

"Malone says certain routes were skipped so the city could avoid paying overtime for the holiday work."

It was planned, didn't cause any real 'hardship', and was done to save money. Most communities do this sort of thing. The fault here is the insane woman and her overreaction.

Southern Belle
09-11-2011, 10:48 PM
mmmk

JoeyB
09-11-2011, 10:55 PM
mmmk

Really? What you got out of this article was just how anything run by the government fails?

Southern Belle
09-11-2011, 10:57 PM
Pretty much.

Muddy
09-11-2011, 11:17 PM
I pay for trash service... So they had better be here once a week... Skip my route, and I'll be looking for a credit...

Southern Belle
09-11-2011, 11:18 PM
Exactly, if there's a holiday, plan ahead so it doesn't cause overtime. Everybody generates more trash on holidays.

JoeyB
09-11-2011, 11:20 PM
I pay for trash service... So they had better be here once a week... Skip my route, and I'll be looking for a credit...

Most disgruntled: Muddygut.

That sort of credit?

Muddy
09-11-2011, 11:21 PM
Our poor guys get screwed by the holidays... If they have Monday off then they are working Saturday to complete the weekly Pick up... I guess the only condolence is that they do get a few extry bucks in their check... But is that really worth losing a whole day of your weekend?

Muddy
09-11-2011, 11:22 PM
Most disgruntled: Muddygut.

That sort of credit?

No... I paid for a service I didn't receive.... I'm not paying the full bill.

DemonGeminiX
09-11-2011, 11:30 PM

Exactly. I pay for my weekly pickup as well. If they skip my house, I'm raising hell.

JoeyB
09-11-2011, 11:30 PM

I told you upfront I don't do the sucky-sucky without a condom.

Southern Belle
09-11-2011, 11:54 PM
LOL, so now you back down Joey?

JoeyB
09-11-2011, 11:57 PM
LOL, so now you back down Joey?

I'm very adamant about that condom rule.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-12-2011, 12:12 AM
Wow, the city just can't win here...if they overspend their budget, people bitch. If they cut back to save money (and it was a planned and announced cut back to boot) people bitch.

Sorry, I'm with Joey on this one...just because some old lady was either too stupid or too lazy to read the notice about the holiday trash schedule doesn't make it the fault of the city.

Loser
09-12-2011, 12:21 AM
I pay for my service as well, and it says directly on their website that trash pickup will resume normal service the day after the holiday. So if my pickup is on monday, it would be on a tuesday.

JoeyB
09-12-2011, 12:23 AM
So if my pickup is on monday, it would be on a tuesday.

It’s Friday, Friday
Gotta get down on Friday
Everybody’s lookin’ forward to the weekend, weekend

PS-Loser, you got the point of that article too, so I might do sucky sucky for you.

Loser
09-12-2011, 12:40 AM
It’s Friday, Friday
Gotta get down on Friday
Everybody’s lookin’ forward to the weekend, weekend

PS-Loser, you got the point of that article too, so I might do sucky sucky for you.

:huh:

:gtfo:

deebakes
09-12-2011, 01:50 AM
i don't get it... :-k

JoeyB
09-12-2011, 04:41 AM
:huh:

:gtfo:

Now you've lost sucky sucky privileges.

i don't get it... :-k

Don't worry, this wasn't something you could masturbate at.

Muddy
09-12-2011, 03:50 PM
I pay for my service as well, and it says directly on their website that trash pickup will resume normal service the day after the holiday. So if my pickup is on monday, it would be on a tuesday.

No issues with that at all..

Acid Trip
09-12-2011, 04:44 PM
Really? What you got out of this article was just how anything run by the government fails?

He (the mayor) says there was confusion over how notices were sent out to residents.

At the very least he admitted to some confusion on their communication to residents.

Hal-9000
09-12-2011, 05:13 PM
Sorry, I'm with Joey on this one....

:shock:

:rip:

JoeyB
09-12-2011, 09:54 PM
:shock:

:rip:

Why is it you wind up in any thread where I use the phrase 'sucky sucky'?

DemonGeminiX
09-12-2011, 09:57 PM
Don't worry, this wasn't something you could masturbate at.

:nono:

You underestimate him.

JoeyB
09-12-2011, 10:01 PM
:nono:

You underestimate him.

Well, I did kill him off in another thread so I think it's alright to assume he's not much of a physical threat anymore.

samarchepas
09-12-2011, 10:03 PM
Well, I did kill him off in another thread so I think it's alright to assume he's not much of a physical threat anymore.
He turned :zombie: then :lol: (Keeps posting after you "killed him off" :rofl: )

JoeyB
09-12-2011, 10:14 PM
He turned :zombie: then :lol: (Keeps posting after you "killed him off" :rofl: )

No, it was Smoothbob who turned zombie after I killed him off, though it was later revealed he was actually just living down a well and is therefore likely not a zombie, though possibly a troll or someone Lassie left to kept Timmy company. Deebakes did however manage to continue masturbating after I killed him. In fact, he wanked to his own death. Hal was made into a computerized Japanese toilet after I killed him. Jezter, after his death, was sold and eaten as a delicacy in Finland before his Clone was activated. I do not know if his clone ate any of the Jez flesh, but let us just assume so. Man this place is so gory lately. It's good I don't know much about you Samarchepas, it seems anyone I get to know around here has a significantly shortened lifespan.

samarchepas
09-12-2011, 11:07 PM
No, it was Smoothbob who turned zombie after I killed him off, though it was later revealed he was actually just living down a well and is therefore likely not a zombie, though possibly a troll or someone Lassie left to kept Timmy company. Deebakes did however manage to continue masturbating after I killed him. In fact, he wanked to his own death. Hal was made into a computerized Japanese toilet after I killed him. Jezter, after his death, was sold and eaten as a delicacy in Finland before his Clone was activated. I do not know if his clone ate any of the Jez flesh, but let us just assume so. Man this place is so gory lately. It's good I don't know much about you Samarchepas, it seems anyone I get to know around here has a significantly shortened lifespan.

:suspect:

:theyareontome:

JoeyB
09-12-2011, 11:14 PM
:theyareontome:

Don't worry, I have it from reliable voices in my head that you are going to live through the night. However...I suspect in a few hours KevinD is going to have a very rough time in the forum news. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I laugh because it's true. And I'm insane.

deebakes
09-13-2011, 01:36 AM
:wank: