PDA

View Full Version : Oversize Man Sues White Castle Over Seats

Teh One Who Knocks
09-11-2011, 05:11 PM
The NY Post

http://i.imgur.com/rUdkz.jpg

NANUET, N.Y. - A 290-pound New York man is steaming mad at the White Castle fast-food chain, which he claims repeatedly broke promises to make the booths in his local eatery bigger, the New York Post reported Sunday.

Martin Kessman, 64, filed a lawsuit against the fast-food giant last week in Manhattan federal court, claiming that the uncomfortable booths violate the civil rights of fat people.

Kessman's lawsuit came more than two years after he complained to White Castle about the size of the booths at the Nanuet, N.Y., eatery and reportedly received a pledge that renovations would be carried out to cater for larger customers.

"They sent me specs and everything, about how the booths were going to be enlarged and made comfortable for people with a little more weight. So two and a half years went by, and nothing was done," he said, adding that he has no problem finding a place to take a load off at other fast-food places and fits easily into airline seats.

The Americans with Disabilities Act is "applicable -- not only to me, but to pregnant women and to handicapped people," according to Kessman, who is suing for bigger chairs and unspecified damages. "I just want to sit down like a normal person."

FBD
09-11-2011, 05:17 PM
If you really want to sit down like a normal person, it would help if you had a normal sized ass and not a juggernaut bohwemoth ass!

JoeyB
09-11-2011, 09:43 PM
You'd think fast food places that serve all that crap food would work hard to accommodate fat people.

Think about it.

MrsM
09-11-2011, 09:54 PM
What right does he have to dictate what anyone should spend money on... if he was an important customer, and spending money would make him spend more then sure I can see the logic. But eating $10 a week... why should the place spend $1000's on him or others?

Bottom line - if no one eats there then they go out of business. Business should do what they want. Customers should dictate what businesses do with their money - not courts.

deebakes
09-12-2011, 01:58 AM
:rip: white castle

Griffin
09-12-2011, 03:12 AM
"I just want to sit down like a normal person."

Then sit up straight you sloth!.. and get your moobs off the table!