PDA

View Full Version : Study: Pot Smokers Less Obese Than Non-Users

PorkChopSandwiches
09-12-2011, 07:09 PM
http://sflchronicle.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/california-marijuana-news.jpg

The "munchies" aside, pot smokers are actually less likely than non-tokers to be obese, according to a study by a French researcher.

The examination of data from two separate studies of more than 50,000 U.S. adults found that 14% to 17% of people who smoked pot at least three days per week were obese, compared with 22% to 25% among non-cannibis users.

The research team headed by Yann Le Strat, a psychiatrist at the Louis-Mourier Hospital in Colombes, France, appears in the Sept. 15 issue of the American Journal of Epidemiology.

"Initially, we thought we made a mistake," says Le Strat, according to Reuters. He says he and co-author Bernard Le Foll checked the results several times to make sure they were correct.

"This is only a preliminary result," he says. "It doesn't mean that marijuana does actually help you lose weight, but perhaps there is a component that does."

The researchers did not examine whether diet and exercise habits were different between the two groups but did find that cigarette usage had no influence on the obesity findings, Reuters reports.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-12-2011, 07:11 PM
It's because they move on to meth :tup:

Acid Trip
09-12-2011, 07:12 PM
Because if they aren't smoking weed they are drinking alcohol. We all know that alcohol is carbohydrate heavy, almost completely nutrition-less calories.

SmoothBob
09-12-2011, 07:15 PM
I got the munchies bad.. about 3 stones extra weight bad! :lol:

Muddy
09-12-2011, 07:26 PM
My balls weigh a stone a piece...

DemonGeminiX
09-12-2011, 07:41 PM
Because they waste all their money on weed and they can't afford to buy anything substantial to eat but little shitty snacks that cost less than a dollar.

Acid Trip
09-12-2011, 07:53 PM
Because they waste all their money on weed and they can't afford to buy anything substantial to eat but little shitty snacks that cost less than a dollar.

Yeah because we know how healthy those $1 snacks are! :roll:

Hal-9000
09-12-2011, 07:59 PM
I would agree with the article...every time I quit smoking pot daily, my appetite changes and I gain weight :oops:

If I stay on the weed, I don't seem to gain as much.Which makes no sense at all considering the munchie factor and types of foods I go after when stoned.

PorkChopSandwiches
09-12-2011, 08:03 PM
http://www.themoderndaypirates.com/pirates/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/munchiescover.jpg

Goofy
09-12-2011, 08:04 PM
Whatever helps get you through the day Porky :tup:

:lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
09-12-2011, 08:09 PM
http://m.pimpmyspace.org/pimp/1/fc/fca795844e67be46a1e2.gif

Acid Trip
09-12-2011, 08:36 PM
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x24/toentits/Potleaf.jpg

DemonGeminiX
09-12-2011, 08:40 PM
Yeah because we know how healthy those $1 snacks are! :roll:

I know that situation first hand, sir. I had three roommates in college. Out of the four of us, only one refused to buy food because all he wanted to spend his money on was pot. He tried to take our food, but he was caught and the three of us sat him down and told him no. We refused to allow him to mooch off of us. In fact, we started buying our own food individually after that and kept track of it diligently and we all agreed that what we individually bought for ourselves was off limits to everybody else. Instead of getting a clue and taking care of his basic needs, the pothead started buying ramen noodles and junkfood to keep himself from starving. But he certainly kept buying that pot. That pothead was thinner than all of us. Clearly not obese. He even dropped 20 lbs more in 3 months, then decided to move out because he was hungry and we were all dicks for not allowing him to mooch our food off of us. What did he do? He moved into another apartment of mutual friends and he did the same exact thing: tried to mooch their food while wasting his money on pot. What did they do? The same damn thing we did, only it ended with them kicking his ass out of their apartment faster than him giving up. He eventually failed out of school, was cut off by his family, and that's the last I ever heard of him.

And that's not the only case I know of where shit like that happened. So yeah, for the majority of cases regarding college aged kids, that's exactly why. Because they're fucking idiots about it.

PorkChopSandwiches
09-12-2011, 08:45 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-MlrnQ0YPFUI/TeUIaFAwY7I/AAAAAAAADeM/32W94tH8vzM/s400/obamabuds.jpg

Acid Trip
09-12-2011, 09:01 PM
I know that situation first hand, sir. I had three roommates in college. Out of the four of us, only one refused to buy food because all he wanted to spend his money on was pot. He tried to take our food, but he was caught and the three of us sat him down and told him no. We refused to allow him to mooch off of us. In fact, we started buying our own food individually after that and kept track of it diligently and we all agreed that what we individually bought for ourselves was off limits to everybody else. Instead of getting a clue and taking care of his basic needs, the pothead started buying ramen noodles and junkfood to keep himself from starving. But he certainly kept buying that pot. That pothead was thinner than all of us. Clearly not obese. He even dropped 20 lbs more in 3 months, then decided to move out because he was hungry and we were all dicks for not allowing him to mooch our food off of us. What did he do? He moved into another apartment of mutual friends and he did the same exact thing: tried to mooch their food while wasting his money on pot. What did they do? The same damn thing we did, only it ended with them kicking his ass out of their apartment faster than him giving up. He eventually failed out of school, was cut off by his family, and that's the last I ever heard of him.

And that's not the only case I know of where shit like that happened. So yeah, for the majority of cases regarding college aged kids, that's exactly why. Because they're fucking idiots about it.

You make it sound like weed smokers are so focused on spending all their money on weed they can't afford anything else. We aren't crackheads. I smoked all through high school and college (got a bachelors and masters), paid off my student loans, got a great job, got married, bought a house (all before 30) and guess what? I still smoke weed.

You had a douche friend who acted like a douche. Instead of stereotyping maybe you should realize he was just another douche bag.

DemonGeminiX
09-12-2011, 09:31 PM
You make it sound like weed smokers are so focused on spending all their money on weed they can't afford anything else. We aren't crackheads. I smoked all through high school and college (got a bachelors and masters), paid off my student loans, got a great job, got married, bought a house (all before 30) and guess what? I still smoke weed.

You had a douche friend who acted like a douche. Instead of stereotyping maybe you should realize he was just another douche bag.

I guarantee you, you and Porky are the exceptions, not the rule.

That little son of a bitch tried to steal my toilet paper too.

[-(

Muddy
09-12-2011, 10:19 PM

Jesus man, share a sandwich with a homie..! :lol:

DemonGeminiX
09-12-2011, 10:39 PM
Jesus man, share a sandwich with a homie..! :lol:

His father was a dentist. The fucker came from a rich family that gave him everything he asked for. He wasted all the money his father gave him each month... about 4 times as much per month than I had... on pot.

There was no way in hell he was getting anything from me.

Hal-9000
09-12-2011, 10:48 PM
I guarantee you, you and Porky are the exceptions, not the rule.

That little son of a bitch tried to steal my toilet paper too.

[-(

I disagree with this...have you canvassed every weed smoker in the world or shared accommodations with all of them? In my life the exceptions are the twerps like you've mentioned here.

My best friend is a single Dad, who has brought up a son alone, with no outside help from the mother and he's currently buying a condo.And he smokes every day..my best friend at work here is a chronic user and he pays his own way on everything, including 1200/month to rent part of a house.

These generalizations rankle me because as soon as you smoke weed, either you're stupid or a mooch or lazy.I know plenty of stupid straight people...and I mean street stupid as in common sense-wise.Yet I won't ever say that every person who doesn't smoke weed is stupid.

DemonGeminiX
09-12-2011, 10:49 PM
:hand:

We've already established that Canadaland is backwards.

Hal-9000
09-12-2011, 10:52 PM
I'm high...can you please type slower and use simpler terms? :|

effin brainiacs..

DemonGeminiX
09-12-2011, 10:54 PM
You should've been here earlier.

Lance called Shenae Grimes a Candian. He won't admit to it now, he ninja-edited it out.

And no, you can't have my pizza. [-(

Hal-9000
09-12-2011, 10:57 PM
I'm already on it...saw the post then his 'adjustment'.

Nice work nailing him on it :thumbsup:

Hal-9000
09-12-2011, 10:59 PM
You should've been here earlier.

Lance called Shenae Grimes a Candian. He won't admit to it now, he ninja-edited it out.

And no, you can't have my pizza. [-(

*takes huge bite of pizza*

Oh, is this your pizza....I thought it was the one I bought, so sorry :)

*lights another doob*

DemonGeminiX
09-12-2011, 10:59 PM

JoeyB
09-12-2011, 11:00 PM
I'm high...can you please type slower and use simpler terms? :|

I like da vagina.

Hal-9000
09-12-2011, 11:12 PM
I like da vagina.

vagina...3 syllables.....wtf is this, the Mensa Club??? :x

JoeyB
09-12-2011, 11:16 PM
vagina...3 syllables.....wtf is this, the Mensa Club??? :x

I like da hole.

Hal-9000
09-12-2011, 11:24 PM
I like da hole.

Keepin it real for us dopers...thanks mang

FBD
09-13-2011, 12:27 AM
heh. nah, I totally agree with DGX here. you already gave the sumbich a sammich. you already gave the sumbich ten sammiches and then some by the time you're really putting your foot down because you're a nice guy, but even nice guys have to put their foot down. screw you, pal, you're cut off. :hand: otherwise you are merely making yourself a doormat for someone else.

Hal-9000
09-13-2011, 12:33 AM
I love OP's sammiches :)

PorkChopSandwiches
09-13-2011, 12:41 AM

Hal-9000
09-13-2011, 01:21 AM
I had a friend that would bring over a 6 pack of beer every night, when I used to hang with this group of 4 friends.
3 of us didn't drink and the other guy brought his own booze...

And every damn night for 3 years this guy mooched drugs off us, never bringing his own.He would even make little scissor motions with his fingers,
supposedly to inspire us to cut up another joint...

I lost it one night with him :lol: I said - You spend 6 bucks a night, every night of the fucking week buying beer that no one drinks but you,
and yet you can't save up for 5 nights (30 dollars) and buy a fucking 1/8th, to support your rather large appetite for weed

:lol: I was the bad guy once again for bringing it up...